Today's loss is a big win | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today's loss is a big win

Worried about the Cards and Lions overtaking us, both look awful right now. And the NFL need to do something about this, not sure what they can do, but personally that cards "home" game is not a good look for the league, travelling fans are always a thing in the NFL but I at least find that situation and ours against the Eagles ugly to look at.

I wouldn't worry about the Cards, Kyler Murray is good to throw for 300 empty yards while scoring 9 points.

Indeed. Yet, unless someone convinces me there is some other amazing can't miss impact player available in the top 5, I think there is a very high probability that we do just that. That's not necessarily a bad thing, either.
It would be the NE way and I am preaching from the get-go last offseason that we all have to change our thinking about the draft and FA.
Depending on how they feel about Rosen (and so far they feel good about him) and if there is no must-have player for them available and they feel they can get what they want later they will trade down.
Neither Grier nor Flores is thinking 'draft position' at this time. They are trying to develop a roster and players for future use. Just look at all the healthy scratches today.

Our other two 2st round picks are not as valuable as they are probably deep into the 20s. There might be a possible trading partner who might want to trade from the 2nd round up (like the Ravens did) but we probably will only get a few picks outside the 1st round.
Our first 1st round pick will hold value no matter if it is at 3, 5 or 10 to a team who is a player or two away from completing a roster to make a push deep into the playoffs (i.e. KC with Mahomes).

Like I said it may be a bad awakening for some when draft day arrives.

The idea that beating the Dolphins at home on a last-minute play— in a game in which the Dolphins didn’t score a touchdown, and in a season in which they’re almost certainly to be picking in the top 5 of the draft— is the jewel of a win that’s going to save Gase’s job for another year shows the brilliance of the Jets’ brain trust.

I don't want a QB in the top 5. R. Wilson, L. Jackson, P. Mahomes, T. Brady, D. Breis, D. Prescott, Big Ben, etc.... we're not top 5 QBs. I want us to draft a QBlate 1st round or 2nd round. Build this team first. Burrow is the only QB worth a top 5 pick. And the spot could be important in a trade. So, I'm not against losing out.

I have to admit that I'm looking forward to both those exploding heads and the increased number of draft picks we end up with.
I'm right there with you. I think this is the new norm in Miami. Lots of draft capital every year. Lots of moves up and down the draft order. You may very well be right about trading its highest pick, especially if these QB's don't declare.

Look couple things:

1. Didn’t we have at least 1 timeout left? Why didn’t we try to ice the kicker.

2. I hated the PI call but If that was one of our players we would want that call.

3. On thé PI those plays happen often but in this game it helped the team win the game.

4. We went conservative and played for a FG on or last possession.
We were looking to throw the ball on second down before the field goal, so I don't know how conservative it actually was. The third down play was third and 15 or so and Fitz has a history of trying to squeeze passes where there isn't space, so I understand it.Bigger play was letting a quick sideline pass go 38 yards.

Best case scenario is number 3. So many options. But after Burrow, there is no qb worthy of a top 5 pick. The Dolphins could make the NFL Draft their 2020 Bytch! One trade down, set up 2020 and if Rosen is not the answer, pick Fields/Lawrence in 2021. I think they are better than any qb coming out this year anyway.

If we aren't getting the #1 or #2 picks (Burrow/Young), I think we trade down, draft a QB in a later round to compete with Rosen like Jalen Hurts and build the team with a ton of picks this year. If Rosen or Hurts don't work out, we set ourselves up for a 2021 QB like Lawrence. There are so many holes to fill and we have the picks to really make a dent in 2020. Hurts is just an example, but any QB this coaching staff believes has potential will work.

Getting Lawrence would be easier said than done. If a QB needy team is in the #1 spot we won’t be able to get him. You would expect with FA and a good draft we will be at least a 6 win team next season so I don’t fancy our chances of Lawrence unless the team at #1 doesn’t need a QB.

Back
Top Bottom