Today's loss is a big win | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today's loss is a big win

Lol you’re talking like he had a leg amputated.
Bo Jackson never played again from the same injury, and while Tua's situation was treated quicker, there is no guarantee he will ever be able to plant and throw again.

There are plenty of teams out there who have the luxury of gambling for Tua. The problem is that Tua would be a stupid risk for the Dolphins at our top pick and we're not gonna sneak a pick of him in with one of our lower picks since we will surely grab him if value is there. Somebody unanticipated will swoop and get him before we can have the luxury of buying low since we'll pretty much set the bar of where he is likely to be picked.
Just going to have to agree to disagree on this. For your scenario to happen, I believe Tua will have to be able to plant, run, throw and cut by draft day. The injury was so late season, I just don't believe there is time to accomplish all of those things.

14 teams now have won at least 7 games which means we can't pick lower than 18 right now. If we can only win one more game we will pick at worst 8th. #1 is still just in play but difficult to see the Bengals losing another game outside of ours.

Just going to have to agree to disagree on this. For your scenario to happen, I believe Tua will have to be able to plant, run, throw and cut by draft day. The injury was so late season, I just don't believe there is time to accomplish all of those things.

I'm not sure if those things are in the time table, but even if they are, that won't answer the question of whether the joint will end up arthritic.

I'm not sure if those things are in the time table, but even if they are, that won't answer the question of whether the joint will end up arthritic.
Agree completely.

I disagree. They failed to score any TDs, and lost to Gase and the Jets... that's just pathetic!

Yeah, that was a shocker considering how this roster was absolutely dripping with talent that the Fins fielded and of course losing our two best receivers didn’t have any impact did it? We should have crushed the jets because...because... Why?

I think a lot of the draft will be based on if we can sign 2 of the top o-line free agents. If we have them you can take a little risk and go after Tua in the 10-19 pick range(it is so early in his recovery we do not know ),however , we can get a real stud with our 1st pick, and if the signs are positive still get Tua with a package to get into the middle of the first round. Still have enough draft picks left get some starters to fill out the offense and defense

They are showing all the TDs from today's game right now, no need for dolfans to tune in :p

I'm impressed we scored more than 10 points with the players we had on the field for offense. The D was disappointing at the end of the game but there are a lot of positives to take away from this game. Biggest one is that we finally found a competent, passionate coach.
Actually the D came up w the big sack that should have ended the game really.

Well it looks like the Pats will have to play their starters against us in week 17 to avoid falling to the 3rd seed behind the Chiefs. They can kiss the #1 seed goodbye now though!

Well it looks like the Pats will have to play their starters against us in week 17 to avoid falling to the 3rd seed behind the Chiefs. They can kiss the #1 seed goodbye now though!

It's not gonna happen because, well, you know, Buffalo, but the Bills still have a shot to win the division.

It's not gonna happen because, well, you know, Buffalo, but the Bills still have a shot to win the division.

Bills ain’t wining the division. They will lose the next two games to the Steelers and Patriots.

Bills ain’t wining the division. They will lose the next two games to the Steelers and Patriots.

In all likelihood, yes. They are the Bills. But their defense usually plays NE tough. They are always on the cusp of beating them but can't ever summon up the offense. I don't ever believe in the Bills but it is still possible.

Bo Jackson never played again from the same injury, and while Tua's situation was treated quicker, there is no guarantee he will ever be able to plant and throw again.

There are no guarantees any of us wake up tomorrow. But I’m going to trust both the doctor who said he would make a full recovery, as well as the surgeon who specifically said Tua’s injury is not the same as Bo’s...long before I trust message board experts.

There are no guarantees any of us wake up tomorrow. But I’m going to trust both the doctor who said he would make a full recovery, as well as the surgeon who specifically said Tua’s injury is not the same as Bo’s...long before I trust message board experts.

Not only that but we will have a much better idea of how Tua’s recovery is going by the time the draft rolls around in April.

Back
Top Bottom