Todd Wade stunk it up... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Wade stunk it up...

JJ777

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I watched the game again and paid close attention to the OL. If you watch carefully you will discover that a lot of the blame for poor line play is on of all people Todd Wade. If you watch the game again you will find that in most of the run plays its Todd Wades man that makes the tackle. He does a lil better in pass protection but often looks like he just barely pushes his man to the outside on speed rushes. Nails looked good on run plays often pushing his man back. Ruddy is just not strong. I didnt see him get any push on any run plays. He simply gets stood up. Perry actually looked pretty good. Made some good pulls, had good vision and picked up the blitz on a few plays, and even ran out for a good screen pass to Minor. Wade Smith looked just ok. He definitely is the fastest OL which helped him a lot against the speed rush in passing situations. On run plays it was back and forth sometimes he made his block sometimes he was on his back.

But back to Todd Wade...seriously take a look and tell me if Im crazy.

Originally posted by JJ777
I watched the game again and paid close attention to the OL. If you watch carefully you will discover that a lot of the blame for poor line play is on of all people Todd Wade. If you watch the game again you will find that in most of the run plays its Todd Wades man that makes the tackle. He does a lil better in pass protection but often looks like he just barely pushes his man to the outside on speed rushes. Nails looked good on run plays often pushing his man back. Ruddy is just not strong. I didnt see him get any push on any run plays. He simply gets stood up. Perry actually looked pretty good. Made some good pulls, had good vision and picked up the blitz on a few plays, and even ran out for a good screen pass to Minor. Wade Smith looked just ok. He definitely is the fastest OL which helped him a lot against the speed rush in passing situations. On run plays it was back and forth sometimes he made his block sometimes he was on his back.

But back to Todd Wade...seriously take a look and tell me if Im crazy.

Yes he did, he was beat at least 4 times that I saw. The guy is a total waste of space as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of Todd Perry saving Todd Wade's butt on blocking and passing downs.

If I was the Dolphins I'd be looking for a VET RT not a VET LT.

I was also not impressed with Seth McKinney, he was beat alot tonight, for sacks and several running plays for a loss.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by Oliver

Yes he did, he was beat at least 4 times that I saw. The guy is a total waste of space as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of Todd Perry saving Todd Wade's butt on blocking and passing downs.

I was also not impressed with Seth McKinney, he was beat alot tonight, for sacks and several running plays for a loss.

Oliver...

So what do you think happens to guys in the off season? Did Todd Wade lose his skills while he was sleeping? Is this the same Todd Wade that we had last year when RW rushed for over 1800 yds? So Perry is superman and played two positions at the same time last year? Now Todd Wade is a waste of space?? Man, something bad must of happened to him between Dec. and now.

It didn't happen overnight. Wade has failed to surpass his rookie season. He always struggles in pass protection.

Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by fairbanksb

So what do you think happens to guys in the off season? Did Todd Wade lose his skills while he was sleeping? Is this the same Todd Wade that we had last year when RW rushed for over 1800 yds? So Perry is superman and played two positions at the same time last year? Now Todd Wade is a waste of space?? Man, something bad must of happened to him between Dec. and now.

i watched the denver game from last year and wade got burned bad alot in that game. I dont know what to think at this point except maybe we let him go free agency if this continues.

In all fairness, he was facing Trevor Pryce that night. But still, when you're that big.....and you're supposed to be that good, you don't get destroyed like that for an entire game by anyone, as Wade did. Trevor Pryce kicked his azz all night against the run and the pass. Complete and total domination.

Originally posted by JJ777
I watched the game again and paid close attention to the OL. If you watch carefully you will discover that a lot of the blame for poor line play is on of all people Todd Wade. If you watch the game again you will find that in most of the run plays its Todd Wades man that makes the tackle. He does a lil better in pass protection but often looks like he just barely pushes his man to the outside on speed rushes. But back to Todd Wade...seriously take a look and tell me if Im crazy.

I've been trying to say Wade is a liability on the line for a while now. He has been so darn lucky that the last two RG's he's had next to him, are good enough to make him look good!

I actually think he does ok on outside run blocking, but man when it comes to pass protection against a speed rushing End he flat out stinks.

I'd love to see Wade Smith actually be able to start at LT, because if they could put Dixon at RT the line might actually be scary!

Heck the coaches are always saying they want the best 5 lineman out on the field, so I don't really care what order their in, but these lineman seem to be the ones! Smith, Nails, Ruddy, Perry, and Dixon.......

Wow Ozzy, I've never thought about that, but man, that does look pretty good! Only problem is until Smith puts on some more muscle we'd have to always run to the right.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Wow Ozzy, I've never thought about that, but man, that does look pretty good! Only problem is until Smith puts on some more muscle we'd have to always run to the right.

Thats what the Two TE sets are made for, put one on either side, and then motion the one on the right over to the left. And if Nails is over there, you got a heck of a wall! Then there is always the FB, he could be set in motion to help out the left side runs to the outside as well!

Of course everyone could call me a dreamer too.....

:D

You can't put such an undersized guy at right tackle. Are you guys out of your mind? I sometimes wonder where do you get all this crap from. We are getting a lot of consistent play from Todd Wade during the season. Todd Wades job hasn't been at stake in his starting position but Todd Perry's has. We were about to bring a Left tackle just so we can put mark dixon to guard and Perry was gonna end up being another depth player. The coaches hasn't reported any lackluster consistent play of Todd Wade so therefore there is nothing to be said about him in the past games.

Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by Oliver

Oliver...

Lets just cut him, heck, lets cut Ricky too, because he looked like squat... who else can we cut, hrmmmm...

Lets just make a cut list. Thats what we should do, being that we are all coaches.

:sarcasm:

Yea a preseason game.:lol:

Todd Wade was horrible last year. Todd Perry saved his butt all last season. That's why I always find it funny when ppl rag on Todd Perry. He had to play TWO positions last year, RG and RT. Looks like he'll have to do it again this year as well.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Emskirch

Lets just cut him, heck, lets cut Ricky too, because he looked like squat... who else can we cut, hrmmmm...

Lets just make a cut list. Thats what we should do, being that we are all coaches.

:sarcasm:

I never said any of those things.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom