Todd Wade stunk it up... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Wade stunk it up...

Oliver has it down to the nose. Todd Perry's first year he wasn't as great, but after that he has been everything we'd had hoped for. Wade is big, but that's about it. I dunno if he's just not trying as hard in the weight room, but that boy gets stood up more than that ugly guy who always asks the fine chicks out.

Someone said that Dixon is too small to play RT. Hell that may be true, but then again Dixon had faced DTs his whole life, now he'd just switch to blocking the RDE, whom is more geared towards run blocking than pass rushing. I think that would make him better. Everyone knows that LT is a MUCH harder position than RT, the money proves it. Dixon's problem was that he got beat by faster pass rushers at LT. Todd Wade does that anyway at RT, and I believe Dixon, can run block AND pass block better than Wade. It's not like he hasn't had to face the big guys before while playing Guard. Now he won't have to face quite as many premier pass rushers, and can do something that he's done his carrer, take up one of the bigger guys. A RDE is typically smaller than a DT and bigger than a LDE, so it may make Dixon's job even easier than we have now, and also let us have our best 5 out there. We also have Wade to backup Dixon in case of injury or if Smith gets hurt put Dixon back at LT and Wade at RT.

Imagine Smith-Nails-Ruddy-Perry-Dixon. If Smith does prove he can play, I think Dixon and Perry will help each other out so much, that our right side of the line can be a dominant one. All those Bronco lines were not huge guys but smaller guys with great technique. I think Ruddy, Perry, and Dixon fill that mold. I don't think that will happen, because I think it's too late and their still trying to see if Wade improves. Oh well, it would be a cool line. :)

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Oliver has it down to the nose. Todd Perry's first year he wasn't as great, but after that he has been everything we'd had hoped for. Wade is big, but that's about it. I dunno if he's just not trying as hard in the weight room, but that boy gets stood up more than that ugly guy who always asks the fine chicks out.

Someone said that Dixon is too small to play RT. Hell that may be true, but then again Dixon had faced DTs his whole life, now he'd just switch to blocking the RDE, whom is more geared towards run blocking than pass rushing. I think that would make him better. Everyone knows that LT is a MUCH harder position than RT, the money proves it. Dixon's problem was that he got beat by faster pass rushers at LT. Todd Wade does that anyway at RT, and I believe Dixon, can run block AND pass block better than Wade. It's not like he hasn't had to face the big guys before while playing Guard. Now he won't have to face quite as many premier pass rushers, and can do something that he's done his carrer, take up one of the bigger guys. A RDE is typically smaller than a DT and bigger than a LDE, so it may make Dixon's job even easier than we have now, and also let us have our best 5 out there. We also have Wade to backup Dixon in case of injury or if Smith gets hurt put Dixon back at LT and Wade at RT.

Imagine Smith-Nails-Ruddy-Perry-Dixon. If Smith does prove he can play, I think Dixon and Perry will help each other out so much, that our right side of the line can be a dominant one. All those Bronco lines were not huge guys but smaller guys with great technique. I think Ruddy, Perry, and Dixon fill that mold. I don't think that will happen, because I think it's too late and their still trying to see if Wade improves. Oh well, it would be a cool line. :)

As down as I am about Todd Wade, I am even more down on Dixon. Dixon is too injury prone to break up the consistency the right side of the OL has going right now.

One pre-season game against a 3-4 defense doesn't worry me. I'll go with their GREAT performance last year over that.

I guess we'll see how all this pans out. :D

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by Oliver

The coaches are trying to replace Todd Perry (RG), since when? He started the starter at RG and has never been pushed. He has yet to see anything but 1st string time with the OL. The only talk about Todd Perry leaving revolves around his backups playing better, and that has yet to even come close to happening. What you’re talking about is a total fabrication by the media. I would venture a guess it probably started with a Miami Herald reporter. They are well known for writing fiction from time to time.

And which Wade are you talking about?

Why would they try and replace Todd Wade (RT)? There's no one out there to replace him right now. With Todd Perry saving his butt regularly it will continue to work. What's the problem? The key here IMO is Todd Perry is doing a GREAT job and Todd Wade is not. Obviously you disagree.

Unless Todd Wade (RT) improves from now till next season, the Dolphins may not re-sign him. They may seek RT help else where. I wouldn’t be opposed to that at all, of course depending on who they are thinking of signing.

Oliver...

You are crazy. Miami was looking for a LT, which means Dixon shifts to LG meaning Nails moves to RG meaning Perry is out of a job. So he would be replaced. Perry has not once saved Wade's ***. Please show me one time when he has picked up a guy who got pasted him and blocked him. Wade and Perry both block their guys and do a good job. I agree that Perry is underrated but he is still the worst of the 5.

Originally posted by Dolfan984

Imagine Smith-Nails-Ruddy-Perry-Dixon.

Imagine is the right word. LMAO Dixon will never play on the right side. The O-Line in(If Wade Smmith were to start would look like this)

Smith-Dixon-Ruddy-Nails-Wade. Perry would be without a job, either that or we coudl leave our best offensive lineman Jamie Nails on the sidelines :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by Prime Time

You are crazy. Miami was looking for a LT, which means Dixon shifts to LG meaning Nails moves to RG meaning Perry is out of a job. So he would be replaced. Perry has not once saved Wade's ***. Please show me one time when he has picked up a guy who got pasted him and blocked him. Wade and Perry both block their guys and do a good job. I agree that Perry is underrated but he is still the worst of the 5.

PT they were looking for a LT before they drafted Wade Smith. They were not looking for a LT because they wanted Dixon at LG or RG, they were looking for a LT during FA and the draft because they do not trust Dixon for TWO reasons at LT. #1 he is not a natural LT, and #2 he has a long history of injuries.

No way either Nails or Todd Perry would lose their jobs to Dixon during this off-season if Nails was healthy, which he is. He was injury prone before this last ankle or leg problem. He was an is a liability at LT, and nothing more than a stop gap move until a real LT can be found. I think we've found that LT in Wade Smith, we'll see.

Crazy or not that's how things are and how things went.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

No way either Nails or Todd Perry would lose their jobs to Dixon during this off-season if Nails was healthy, which he is. He was injury prone before this last ankle or leg problem. He was an is a liability at LT, and nothing more than a stop gap move until a real LT can be found. I think we've found that LT in Wade Smith, we'll see.

Oliver...

Funny how wrong you are. If we signed a LT, Perry would be out of a job, simple as that. That is how it is because that is how the coaches see it/saw it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by Prime Time

Funny how wrong you are. If we signed a LT, Perry would be out of a job, simple as that. That is how it is because that is how the coaches see it/saw it.

You may be right, Dixon would who is currently out with injury and who is injury prone would take over for Todd Perry. Makes total and complete sense to me. :rolleyes:

Oliver...

If we would have signed a left tackle Dixon would have moved back to G and he, Nails and Perry would have competed for the G positions with the best 2 starting. They would have won in on the field and your speculation would be meaningless. We wanted a LT as much to move Dix back to his natural position as to cover our butts because Dix and Nails were coming off injuries. And I'm sure Wanny thought that the competition would push Perry too.

You guys are arguing bout this and that but the tape shows it all. Watch the whole 1st qtr and then the beginning of the 2nd qtr. Almost everytime Ricky is tackled in the backfield it was Todd Wade's assignment. Everytime Jay Fiedler was pressured and hurried again it was Todd Wades man. I had THOUGHT he was one of the better OL on the team and I wasnt down on him at all but then when I kept playing and rewinding it became evident. He was the weakness not Perry as many people claimed.

Originally posted by bdwgroove
If we would have signed a left tackle Dixon would have moved back to G and he, Nails and Perry would have competed for the G positions with the best 2 starting. They would have won in on the field and your speculation would be meaningless. We wanted a LT as much to move Dix back to his natural position as to cover our butts because Dix and Nails were coming off injuries. And I'm sure Wanny thought that the competition would push Perry too.

I have no problem with the concept that Dixon may have pushed Nails, because both were coming off injury, but in no way do I see Todd Perry as in any danger from either of those G's.

Even with Todd Perry's salary, there was no way they were going to have TWO G's coming off of serious injuries playing at both G positions. This includes Nails at this very moment. He still has to prove he has returned to his pre-injury level.

Oliver...

The only thing that you can say for sure is that Dixon is hurt again. You have no way of knowing who would have won the battles between the three of them because it didn't happen. I can pretty much say this though, most believe that Nails was our best OL last year and Dix has been near All-Pro when healthy, and Perry is probably our most consistant lineman right now...add it all up and you would have one heck of a battle...and the team would have been better for it!

The only thing that you can say for sure is that Dixon is hurt again. You have no way of knowing who would have won the battles between the three of them because it didn't happen. I can pretty much say this though, most believe that Nails was our best OL last year and Dix has been near All-Pro when healthy, and Perry is probably our most consistant lineman right now...add it all up and you would have one heck of a battle...and the team would have been better for it!

I can agree with that.

Oliver...

You have no way of knowing who would have won the battles between the three of them because it didn't happen.

I can. It would be Nails cause his job is being questioned and Seth is going to get more snaps at guard again. We might have to face that Nails might have been a fluke one year wonder. His pass protection wasn't so hot to begin with and coming back fighting the injury McKinney may slide in there.

Originally posted by JJ777
You guys are arguing bout this and that but the tape shows it all. Watch the whole 1st qtr and then the beginning of the 2nd qtr. Almost everytime Ricky is tackled in the backfield it was Todd Wade's assignment. Everytime Jay Fiedler was pressured and hurried again it was Todd Wades man. I had THOUGHT he was one of the better OL on the team and I wasnt down on him at all but then when I kept playing and rewinding it became evident. He was the weakness not Perry as many people claimed.

:confused: ;) :confused:

What the hell have you been watching, or better yet what are you taking when watching the game:confused:
As I was watching the game it appeared to be the player assigned to Perry was the defender making the play. The play where Ricky lost four yards in the opening drive, was due to Perry totally blowing his assignment and letting a linebacker wearing #52 run by him untouched to get Ricky four yards back in the backfield. Also Perry was very poor in run blocking during the game.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Todd Wade was horrible last year. Todd Perry saved his butt all last season. That's why I always find it funny when ppl rag on Todd Perry. He had to play TWO positions last year, RG and RT. Looks like he'll have to do it again this year as well.

Oliver...

:confused:
Ah what were you watching. I have yet to see a play where Todd Perry has saved anyone's butt.
Perry deserves a lot more ragging than he gets. Since McKnight has lost his starting job, Perry is the worst starting player on the team.

Back
Top Bottom