Todd Wade stunk it up... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Wade stunk it up...

He had a bad ame yesteray BUT so did all of our O-Line. Wanstedt agrees with me. Our O-Line has to be in tact for us to play good. I agree with JS, Wade's job has never been in trouble, but Perry's has. I agree...sometimes (even mysel) say some really dumb things, that I end up realizing down the road that It as a dumb statemet.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
You can't put such an undersized guy at right tackle. Are you guys out of your mind? I sometimes wonder where do you get all this crap from. We are getting a lot of consistent play from Todd Wade during the season. Todd Wades job hasn't been at stake in his starting position but Todd Perry's has. We were about to bring a Left tackle just so we can put mark dixon to guard and Perry was gonna end up being another depth player. The coaches hasn't reported any lackluster consistent play of Todd Wade so therefore there is nothing to be said about him in the past games.

So your telling me that it's ok to put a smaller guy at LT??? The absolute most important, and highest paid position on the line!

The rest of what you typed was just message board speculation, where people had Todd Perry playing a backup role, when in fact he would have been CUT!

Todd Wade is cheap this year, Todd Perry is not!

Todd Wade has not been impressive....

Oh btw, on my way home last night I herd Wanny himself, RAVE about Todd Perry, saying he seems to never make a mistake!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by Oliver

Todd Wade was horrible last year. Todd Perry saved his butt all last season. That's why I always find it funny when ppl rag on Todd Perry. He had to play TWO positions last year, RG and RT. Looks like he'll have to do it again this year as well.

Oliver...

If that was the case then the O-Line wouldn't have looked to upgrade LT, so Dixon could move to LG moving nails to RG...leaving Perry with out a job. Oliver you are not making much sense on this thread.

I sure am glad that they haven't caved in to the contract demands that have been coming from his agent.

The reason an undersized guy can be a LT and not a RT is because the RT position is of chief importance to the running game. The LT position simply is not.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by Prime Time

If that was the case then the O-Line wouldn't have looked to upgrade LT, so Dixon could move to LG moving nails to RG...leaving Perry with out a job. Oliver you are not making much sense on this thread.

Huh?

No one was moving Dixon back to LG, they have Nails there. If they had signed a LT in FA Dixon would have been a backup, if Nails was healthy. I seriously doubt they risk putting an injuy prone player like Dixon over a consistent play like Todd Perry.

I'm making total sense.

Todd Perry has been saving Tode Wade's butt for 2 full seasons now. Todd Wade is a total and complete liability to this OLine.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The reason an undersized guy can be a LT and not a RT is because the RT position is of chief importance to the running game. The LT position simply is not.

The ideal size of a LT is Tall with good feet and long arms.

The Ideal size of a RT would be Taller than a guard but Heavier set than the Left Tackle.

Dixon being one of the best run blockers on this team would negate that fact, along with the fact that Dixon is a much better pass protector than Wade.

IMO

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Huh?

No one was moving Dixon back to LG, they have Nails there. If they had signed a LT in FA Dixon would have been a backup, if Nails was healthy. I seriously doubt they risk putting an injuy prone player like Dixon over a consistent play like Todd Perry.

I'm making total sense.

Todd Perry has been saving Tode Wade's butt for 2 full seasons now. Todd Wade is a total and complete liability to this OLine.

Oliver...

Dixon is the best and most consistent guard in both run and pass blocking on the team. There is no way he would be backing up. They were trying to get the LT so Dixon could move back to LG and Nails/Perry would battle it out for the RG spot. It was quite common knowledge. Ever since they put Dixon at LT they have been looking for a way to put him back at LG were he truly excells.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Huh?

I'm making total sense.

Oliver...

:lol: Where were you this offseason? Every Sports talk show in South Flroida, Every news station said Dixon would be going to LG, leaving Nails going to RG leaving Perry out of a job and possibly cut.

You aren't making any sense, it is like you weren't here during the offseason, becuase you are completely wrong on this argument.

LMAO....Todd Wade is a liability? Yet the Fins are thinking of Franchising him If he doesn't re-sign....while every year they are pondering whether to cut Perry or not for the Salary Cap....Todd Wade is not the best pass blocker but he is a good run blocker. He is a good young Lineman. Perry is a good Lineman but is our worst one of the starting 5.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by Crisdeman

Dixon is the best and most consistent guard in both run and pass blocking on the team. There is no way he would be backing up. They were trying to get the LT so Dixon could move back to LG and Nails/Perry would battle it out for the RG spot. It was quite common knowledge. Ever since they put Dixon at LT they have been looking for a way to put him back at LG were he truly excells.

Sure he would. Dixon would not take Nails spot, and he would not take Todd Perry's spot. He is to injury prone to have that type of respect. Being the BEST OL for 4-7 games a season means nothing.

I think Dixon is past his time.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

:lol: Where were you this offseason? Every Sports talk show in South Flroida, Every news station said Dixon would be going to LG, leaving Nails going to RG leaving Perry out of a job and possibly cut.

You aren't making any sense, it is like you weren't here during the offseason, becuase you are completely wrong on this argument.

LMAO....Todd Wade is a liability? Yet the Fins are thinking of Franchising him If he doesn't re-sign....while every year they are pondering whether to cut Perry or not for the Salary Cap....Todd Wade is not the best pass blocker but he is a good run blocker. He is a good young Lineman. Perry is a good Lineman but is our worst one of the starting 5.

I was right here, and I watched those talk shows and laughed my *** off. Just like when they said Lucas should be our starting QB last year because he was the NFL pre-season MVP.

These are the same ppl who bash Todd Perry and praise Todd Wade. I'm not sure those ppl even watch the games.

Dixon is way past his prime. He will be at BEST a buckup OL, he is too injury prone to be anything else but that now.

Depending on how well the young guys play, yes Todd Perry may be gone because of his cap #. If there was no cap issue I have no doubt Toddy Perry would end his career as a Dolphin. The guy is one of the better G's in the NFL. He's so good he can play RG and RT at the same time.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

I was right here, and I watched those talk shows and laughed my *** off. Just like when they said Lucas should be our starting QB last year because he was the NFL pre-season MVP.

These are the same ppl who bash Todd Perry and praise Todd Wade. I'm not sure those ppl even watch the games.

Dixon is way past his prime. He will be at BEST a buckup OL, he is too injury prone to be anything else but that now.

Depending on how well the young guys play, yes Todd Perry may be gone because of his cap #. If there was no cap issue I have no doubt Toddy Perry would end his career as a Dolphin. The guy is one of the better G's in the NFL. He's so good he can play RG and RT at the same time.

Oliver...

Funny how the coaches were trying to replace Perry and not Wade though...Dixon is past his Prime but is still good. A backup? :lol: Dixon is probably our 2nd or 3rd best lineman whn Healthy. Perry is a good lineman but he is not carrying Wade's load at all.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Funny how the coaches were trying to replace Perry and not Wade though...Dixon is past his Prime but is still good. A backup? :lol: Dixon is probably our 2nd or 3rd best lineman whn Healthy. Perry is a good lineman but he is not carrying Wade's load at all.

The coaches are trying to replace Todd Perry (RG), since when? He started the starter at RG and has never been pushed. He has yet to see anything but 1st string time with the OL. The only talk about Todd Perry leaving revolves around his backups playing better, and that has yet to even come close to happening. What you’re talking about is a total fabrication by the media. I would venture a guess it probably started with a Miami Herald reporter. They are well known for writing fiction from time to time.

And which Wade are you talking about?

Why would they try and replace Todd Wade (RT)? There's no one out there to replace him right now. With Todd Perry saving his butt regularly it will continue to work. What's the problem? The key here IMO is Todd Perry is doing a GREAT job and Todd Wade is not. Obviously you disagree.

Unless Todd Wade (RT) improves from now till next season, the Dolphins may not re-sign him. They may seek RT help else where. I wouldn’t be opposed to that at all, of course depending on who they are thinking of signing.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom