Todd Wade stunk it up... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Wade stunk it up...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by Prime Time

You are crazy. Miami was looking for a LT, which means Dixon shifts to LG meaning Nails moves to RG meaning Perry is out of a job. So he would be replaced. Perry has not once saved Wade's ***. Please show me one time when he has picked up a guy who got pasted him and blocked him. Wade and Perry both block their guys and do a good job. I agree that Perry is underrated but he is still the worst of the 5.

Miami was looking for a left tackle because number one we needed someone who played natural at the position due to team needs and number two because we wanted to move dixon back to his natural Left Guard Position meaning that ed Perry would either be released which he was going to be released or a sustancial pay cut. Perry was on the verge of being release this season so I suggest you people post something that makes sense before being bashed like others.

Originally posted by Oliver

PT they were looking for a LT before they drafted Wade Smith. They were not looking for a LT because they wanted Dixon at LG or RG, they were looking for a LT during FA and the draft because they do not trust Dixon for TWO reasons at LT. #1 he is not a natural LT, and #2 he has a long history of injuries.

No way either Nails or Todd Perry would lose their jobs to Dixon during this off-season if Nails was healthy, which he is. He was injury prone before this last ankle or leg problem. He was an is a liability at LT, and nothing more than a stop gap move until a real LT can be found. I think we've found that LT in Wade Smith, we'll see.

Crazy or not that's how things are and how things went.

Oliver...

The coaching staff has full trust in Mark Dixon as he is one of our best players and he was voted by the assosiated press as one of the best lineman in the afc last season. He could have made it to the Pro Bowl as a back up at most. He got some good votes in the afc and I bet none of you knew this. Mark Dixon gave a few sacks last season and thats what led the coaches made him stay at left tackleif they can't find anyone else. Wade smith is still not fully ready, he has had strides of bad technique in game time but that just is what is expected from a low draft pick coming out of college.

Anyhow, the most rediculous statement i ever heard for this whole thread was moving Mark Dixon to Right tackle. Do you realize that this guy is already undersized for playing Left Tackle so imagine how undersize he would be for playing Right tackle? Todd Wade is a good player and he just had a bad game just like every lineman in our Offense had yesterdays game so that ain't anything new. Wade Smith had a horrible game, he was being slapped by the weak side rush a lot. Its ok to see a breakdown of the offensive line specially since they are facing a different kind of defense than they usually face so it takes sustancial ajustment to the game.

Another ridiculous stament has been that Wade is a bad run blocker. If anything, last years our most succesful runs came off the tackle and between the tackles. Ricky had success running to the outside a lot. If we had such an inconsistency at right tackle then the coaching staff would take a note of that but they can't take a note on something that there is no problem at so I don't see what you people are arguing about.

As for oliver, Dixon is not past his prime and he just need to overcome injuries. When healthy he's one of the best lineman in the afc and he plays both left tackle and Left guard with technique and thats not something that you see a lot in this league. Transition from Guard To left Tackle fails most of the time now adays due to athetism, speed and other factors. Dixon is our most athletic Lineman for a fact.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todd Wade stunk it up...

Originally posted by juniorseau55

Anyhow, the most rediculous statement i ever heard for this whole thread was moving Mark Dixon to Right tackle. Do you realize that this guy is already undersized for playing Left Tackle so imagine how undersize he would be for playing Right tackle? Todd Wade is a good player and he just had a bad game just like every lineman in our Offense had yesterdays game so that ain't anything new. Wade Smith had a horrible game, he was being slapped by the weak side rush a lot. Its ok to see a breakdown of the offensive line specially since they are facing a different kind of defense than they usually face so it takes sustancial ajustment to the game.

Since I was the first one to suggest moving Dixon, I suggest you go back and read my responce again. Nothing was etched in stone, it said I don't care who goes where as long as the best 5 are on the field!

My opinion was that Todd Wade might not be one of them, and for you to say that He only had one bad game seems rediculous to me!!!

Todd Wade gets killed by speed rushing DE's all the time...

Originally posted by Prime Time
He does???? Please name me a couple of them.

Twice badly in the Broncos game, and even though they were not sacks he was constantly challenged in the Vikings and Pats games to end the season. He was almost as bad as Dixon was at the end of the year.

There were several times Todd Perry had to push Todd Wade into the pass rusher to stop it from being a sack.

Oliver...

Knowing that we face every year a couple of good defensive ends and that there are many big and fast defensive ends it makes it sound like Todd Wade should have no bussiness playing football at all. Specially since you guys keep mentioning the Denver game. He is our starting Right tackle and he will remain there for a while because he is a good player and the coaching staff hasn't complained about the "lack" of toughness, inconsistency and so called being dominated in every game and that is according what you guys say which doesn't hold to its own. We been working in how to make this team better and there hasn't been any talk of Todd Wade keeping us from becoming better. Getting beat to a sack is one thing and another thing is holding that defender for enough time to give the quarterback a chance and yes, Fiedler always has enough time to throw. This is football, you have so much time to release that ball specially when you got almost 1,000 lbs of weight coming at you to tear your *** apart.

Heh, the Denver game wasn't even about speed. Trevor Pryce just ran straight thru him for 60 minutes.

This is an interesting thread and frankly I have been wondering about Wade. In the first preseason game, the first sack was from a guy that flew by Wade as he gave what looked to be a fairly weak effort.

I watched him more and didn't like what I saw especially on the pass blocking. In fact, I didn't think he did as well as Wade Smith on the other side for the balance for the night.

I didn't start a thread because of two reasons. One I thought the guy might have just been having a bad game, and second, I'm no evaluator of offensive line play and he could be looking bad because of other people's missed assignments.

I'm still not sure, but he just doesn't look that good to me out there.

Knowing that we face every year a couple of good defensive ends and that there are many big and fast defensive ends it makes it sound like Todd Wade should have no bussiness playing football at all. Specially since you guys keep mentioning the Denver game. He is our starting Right tackle and he will remain there for a while because he is a good player and the coaching staff hasn't complained about the "lack" of toughness, inconsistency and so called being dominated in every game and that is according what you guys say which doesn't hold to its own. We been working in how to make this team better and there hasn't been any talk of Todd Wade keeping us from becoming better. Getting beat to a sack is one thing and another thing is holding that defender for enough time to give the quarterback a chance and yes, Fiedler always has enough time to throw. This is football, you have so much time to release that ball specially when you got almost 1,000 lbs of weight coming at you to tear your *** apart.

Why are you taking my quotes and mixing them in with what other people say?

I never even mentioned the Denver game! :rolleyes:

I'll give you just one example, and it was a few losses in a row! The JETS have two fast DE's and they have their way with Wade!

I suggest you watch a little closer next time!

Believe me I'm not trying to say anyone here is wrong. I'm simply giving my point of view. Like anyone else it could be wrong, but from where I'm sitting looking back over last year in my head that's how I remember Todd Wade's play.

If I think anyone is wrong, believe me I come right out and say so.

I do not have a HIGH opinion of Todd Wade and it's been that way since after his rookie season. Obviously we disagree. The point I think we can all agree on is that he is the BEST RT we have right now. I think they guy should be our starter, because of that fact.

Oliver...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by PhinKev
This is an interesting thread and frankly I have been wondering about Wade. In the first preseason game, the first sack was from a guy that flew by Wade as he gave what looked to be a fairly weak effort.

I watched him more and didn't like what I saw especially on the pass blocking. In fact, I didn't think he did as well as Wade Smith on the other side for the balance for the night.

I didn't start a thread because of two reasons. One I thought the guy might have just been having a bad game, and second, I'm no evaluator of offensive line play and he could be looking bad because of other people's missed assignments.

I'm still not sure, but he just doesn't look that good to me out there.

They looked bad in the Falcons game. I think because they were going up against a 3-4 defense. It's not an excuse, but at the same time it could be the reason why they looked bad.

The fact that they did not prepare as much as they normally would for such a deffense I feel our OLine was at a BIG disadvantage.

They looked much better against the Jags, of course they are the Jags. :D

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom