Tom Brady possibly out multiple seasons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady possibly out multiple seasons

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
I understand this is a patriots player, but it will undoubtedly affect the Dolphins in the future if he is not going to be available. I am happy to hear this to a certain extent, but also feel bad for him.
THREE SURGERIES AND COUNTING FOR BRADY INFECTION

Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2008, 8:28 a.m.
After we posted an item earlier this week regarding the potential consequences of an infection in the vicinity of a freshly-installed ACL, some accused us of sensationalizing the story of a surgery aimed at cleaning out Tom Brady’s surgically-repaired knee.
Even if we were (and we don’t think we were), the story has just gotten a lot more sensational.
Brady has had a total of three surgeries to deal with the infection in his knee.
One procedure was performed on October 15 to “clean and test the wound.” In the eight days since then, two more similar procedures have been performed.
Per the Boston Herald, doctors fear that the patellar tendon graft used to replace Brady’y ACL “is in danger of becoming compromised.” If that happens, then the current ACL would have to be removed, and a new ACL would have to be installed.
That’s precisely what happened to lacrosse star John Grant, when an infection in his elbow traveled to a four-year-old replacement ACL and required doctors to remove it. Grant will have to wait a total of four-to-12 months before a new ACL can be installed.
And so that’s why we remarked that Brady’s 2009 season (and, possibly, 2010) could be jeopardized. If the current ACL comes out, doctors will want to wait until the infection is completely gone before even considering whether to put a new one in. Even if the new ACL is installed in January, Brady will miss all of the offseason workouts, and could be hard-pressed to be ready for training camp.
Meanwhile, Brady reportedly is receiving antibiotics via IV, and will continue to do so for a total of six weeks.
Look, we regard these guys to be Supermen because of what we see them do on the field. But it sure sounds to us like Brady is dealing with a very serious health condition right now, and we hope that the doctors get the thing under control.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

as much as i hate tom brady and everything he stands for, it is sad to see such a talent potentially go to waste.

While, I do feel sorry for him and hope that he recovers fully, all i have to say is that Kharma's a B****

Even though he is in our division, I admit the League is better with Brady playing. Afterall, what any fan wants to see is the best players in the universe playing. Hope he recovers so we can beat the best.

I don't feel sorry for them in the very slightest bit.

Imagine how Joey Porter feels. The Steelers were one of those teams that the Pats managed to squeak by to get some of their hardware.

The Tuna is probably all teary-eyed about Mr. Kraft's and his former protege's woes. :D

While, I do feel sorry for him and hope that he recovers fully, all i have to say is that Kharma's a B****

It sure is.. as also evidenced by the possible career-ending injury to his teammate, Rodney Harrison who's generally acknowledged by his fellow players as the dirtiest player in the league. Metaphysically speaking, what you put out there is sooner or later gonna boomerang back in some form or other. Is Belicheat next??

oh09eg-1.jpg

I don't feel sorry for them in the very slightest bit.

Imagine how Joey Porter feels. The Steelers were one of those teams that the Pats managed to squeak by to get some of their hardware.

The Tuna is probably all teary-eyed about Mr. Kraft's and his former protege's woes. :D

I dont feel sorry for him either.. He makes me sick..

Regardless of rivalry, that is something you just don't wish on an opposing player. Now a STROKE, on the other hand...
(just kidding)

This isn't nice. It isn't his fault he got drafted by that horrible franchise.

I'd much rather our 'team of the future' steamroller a strong Patriots side, with Brady at full health than have to rely on opposition injury to be the better team. Nobody should be celebrating this news. The Dolphins have to get better, not hope that other teams get inadvertently worse.

Hope he gets better soon and we see him on the field in '09.

This isn't nice. It isn't his fault he got drafted by that horrible franchise.

I'd much rather our 'team of the future' steamroller a strong Patriots side, with Brady at full health than have to rely on opposition injury to be the better team. Nobody should be celebrating this news. The Dolphins have to get better, not hope that other teams get inadvertently worse.

Hope he gets better soon and we see him on the field in '09.

I'm with you. I believe the rule is "worry about your own team first". I hate the Pats as much as anyone on these boards (the proof of that is in the holes in my living room wall, the shoe marks on my door and a good chunk of the damage to my furniture over the last decade), but unless I'm joking I never root for injuries and I never revel in an opponent's misfortunes in health.

As long as he can walk again I feel OK.

He's rich, set for life and has kids with a gorgeous actress and a super model. He can retire right now and he already has 4 times as many rings as Danny does. I don't feel the very slightest bit bad for him.

Back
Top Bottom