Tom Brady To Announce His Retirement | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady To Announce His Retirement

I hope he comes back, now just to shove it in our PITA media's face. Our media in this country regardless of the topic is becoming puke.

Everybody wants to be the first to break the news, so they roll the dice saying things because no one holds them responsible in this country.

Sorry guys but the greatest of all time is not Marino and it’s not even close
The argument is subjective as it’s not automatically Brady either. Take a look at what Otto Graham did in his era. Joe Montana was another guy who for my money, I’d take over Brady any day. 4-0 in superbowls and never ever turned the ball over 1x. He played in an era of NFC dominance where that conference won the SB all but 2x from 1980-1998 - the best teams came out of there and he was every bit as smart and a field general as Brady and more athletic / made plays w his legs. Had he played today he’s have been in 10
SBs too. And Bart Starr only lost 1 playoff game in 10 tries. That’s a lot of championships. As for Marino, still the best passer I’ve ever seen and that’s not even close - bad luck being on an AFC team during the aforementioned era. And had he played today he’d been to the big game 3-5 times I’m certain. One could also make a case for Peyton too - was Brady really better than him or did he just play on better teams? The conversation of the Goat in a team sport IS debatable and always will be.

You put Marino on the Lions and no one would have ever heard of him. I love how some people want to compare how QB’s might have done with different teams.

‘’’The fact is the Patriots were a struggling team before Belichick and Brady and the most dominant team in the league for nearly two decade with both of them. That’s all that really matters.
Dan was a generational player and he surely would have made the Lions a monster team. Or any team for that matter. More like, if Brady went to the Lions no one ever hears of him. Pats were not a struggling team before BB - they had Bledsoe, Parcells and had been to a SB fairly recently. I know you’re just making a point but Marino on the Lions with Barry Sanders and that franchise is running w the Niners, Giants, Skins and cowboys in that era.

The only think extraordinary about Brady is his longevity and wherewithal to understand that he was never good enough to carry a team and took pay cuts and such in order to surround himself with good players. His average athletic ability was nothing special. His career is filled with cheating, great defenses and ST's play, and good health because you can't touch a QB (especially Brady) in today's NFL. Sure, after 22 years in the league there was nothing he hadn't seen (and yes, he had a great work ethic too), so the game ws slow for him. But again, cheating and staying healthy are the reasons for that.

Basically, Brady was a smart QB who took advantage of a great situation and was able to play 5-10 seasons longer than the real GOAT's of the game.

Good riddance...
Amen. He definitely could not have gone to a crap team and carried them like Marino or Peyton could have. Those guys were way beyond in terms of ability. Just not as fortuitous in their situations. And Montana was flat out better than Brady I’m sorry.

FFS stupid reporters, allowing Brady to steal the Conference playoffs and Superbowl HYPE...... Still a giant pain in the a$$

Tom Brady Football GIF

Oh so we ALL got duped. This guy is a straight out punk to make himself greater than these 4 teams competing in the Championship Games to get to the Super Bowl. Why would the NFL Network and all these sports outlets put this out? These media heads are embarrassing themselves and the NFL. Tom Brady is on vacation with Giselle and his family this is got to frustrate him to a point. Remember, this man is branded and he will announce it himself when he is good damn well and ready to do so. But, if its BS then we'll all see this punk in 2022. But, he is starting to suck and he said when I start sucking I will retire. There is so much contradiction going on right now. Weird. Just my 2 cents.

Dan was a generational player and he surely would have made the Lions a monster team. Or any team for that matter. More like, if Brady went to the Lions no one ever hears of him. Pats were not a struggling team before BB - they had Bledsoe, Parcells and had been to a SB fairly recently. I know you’re just making a point but Marino on the Lions with Barry Sanders and that franchise is running w the Niners, Giants, Skins and cowboys in that era.
The Patriots were 22-27 and finished 4th once and 5th twice in the AFC East the 3 years before Brady became their starting QB. The first year he became the starter, the Patriots won the SB.

Because I am a Dolphin fan, I always hated the fact Brady played for the Patriots but that doesn’t take away from the fact he is the GOAT. The fact he left the Patriots and and went to Tampa and led the Bucs to a win in the SB shows how great he is.

Even during this past season, he was the 2nd rated QB in the NFL, behind only Aaron Rogers and in front of Allen and Mahomes.
‘Brady has played at a higher level for a longer period of time than any QB in NFL history.

Marino played in the league for 17 years. Taking away the one year he was injured and missed the majority of the season, he had 11 very good to great seasons, while his last 4 seasons were very average.

I loved watching Marino play with the Dolphins but while he had a great arm, Brady has clearly shown over his time in the NFL that he was better than Marino or any other QB in NFL history. I believe if he had been the Dolphin QB during the years Marino was in Miami, the Dolphins would have won a SB during those years.

Back
Top Bottom