Tom Olivadotti -Tell me its Not | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Olivadotti -Tell me its Not

Tell me im not reliving my 80's and 90's Dolphins of Marino 30 pts and Def giving up 35. Very concerned maybe im jumping the gun but 30+ to the Bears and Lions offense pushing us last week. These are not the Bills, Chiefs, Cowboys and Eagles offenses. Expected much better.
Funny you say this. I had that same thought today where it felt very ‘80s fins. You youngsters who missed Marino’s prime take solace in knowing you also missed seeing this exact kind of defensive outing pretty much every week.

It’s not. Not even close. Olivadotti had no ability to adjust at all. He played a straight up 4-3 defense, never blitzed and never adjusted to what an offense was doing to him. He was awful.
Yeah but chasing runners who got to the sticks over and over and over - it looked eerily familiar

It wasn't just the defense of the Marino years. So many of Marino's running backs come off as Myles Gaskin equivalents of their day. At some point it seems like the player evaluation around Shula just fell off. It took Johnson coming in to get some new franchise staples but that came with some other caveats and of course he was just as bad at solving the RB problem too.

It wasn't just the defense of the Marino years. So many of Marino's running backs come off as Myles Gaskin equivalents of their day. At some point it seems like the player evaluation around Shula just fell off. It took Johnson coming in to get some new franchise staples but that came with some other caveats and of course he was just as bad at solving the RB problem too.
Marino never had a 1000 yard rusher until Jabbar ran for 1100 in Dan’s last year
But I think he averaged like 2.8 yards a carry lol
It was a crime

Yeah but chasing runners who got to the sticks over and over and over - it looked eerily familiar
It was much worse under Olivadotti. At least this defense has some talent and promise of getting their act together. They have also been barraged with injuries.

I'm confident we can get figure things out.

One absolute strength is the running gap discipline against actual running backs.

We have not been able to bring our pressure because we have been porous in man coverage without Byron Jones.

We are also transitioning after losing Brandon Jones and his presence in the box.

Getting Chubb up to speed, perhaps some more Tindall and Riley at backer, and getting a Byron Jones back could mean good things.

However, our ceiling is not as high w/o Byron.

Please come back, 3 week timer is ticking.

Marino never had a 1000 yard rusher until Jabbar ran for 1100 in Dan’s last year
But I think he averaged like 2.8 yards a carry lol
It was a crime
Yeah I remember Jabbar and he just wasn't very good.

Me becoming a diehard fan coincided with the arrival of Ricky Williams. We finally found an RB and then the wheels fell off. Completely my fault too.

In game 1, the defense won you the game against the Pats and gave up 7 total points.

In game 2, they gave up a lot but made pivotal late game stops and 4th down holds.

In game 3, they held the bills offense to 17pts and played excellent.

In game 4-6, they played solid without any offensive help and then folded late in the game in all 3 games.
In game 7 they gave up 10pts and shut out the 2nd half.

In game 8 they gave up a lot first half but shutout the second half.

In game 9 they were mostly weak but did hold on the final drive.

I didn’t start watching football til 94 or so, So I don’t know much about that guy, but he’s made out to be basically a war criminal around here.

Josh Boyer is literally taking an injury decimated defense and making big halftime adjustments and big plays at crucial times.

We haven’t lost a game yet because of our defense. I’m happy that our offense is FINALLY the better of the two units on the team.

Let’s enjoy a victory, I’ve never seen this forum more sour after a win than today. Christ.

Back
Top Bottom