Tom Olivadotti -Tell me its Not | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Olivadotti -Tell me its Not

The defense doesn’t matter. They just have to be average. As long as we have Tua, hill & waddle it doesn’t matter. We never had playmakers like this in the Marino era. We can beat anyone any given Sunday

No, I dont think this is the same.

We have a personnel issue currently, and our shortage is due to how quickly the team came together this year with the Hill trade.

We KNEW that our LB core was weak... Hell, it's why we brought Scarlett, Munson and those guys back for minimums... but there wasn't anything we could do about it because we invested our picks and money on fixing the line and bringing in weapons-- we went all-in on Tua... and we HAD to do that to see what we had with him.

Yes, our LBs are poor, and YES, our starting CBs are starting to spend more time injured, than playing... BUT THIS WAS THE COST OF FIXING THE OFFENSE... and honestly, several of us predicted this.

Dont hang it on Boyer.

Didn't olividotti lineup our dline a whole yard off the ball one year or a part of the year?

The mid 1980s didn’t win a title….but that doesn’t me and couldn’t have.

And factually, only one Dolphins team between 1983 and 1999 gave up more than 24 points per game….and no Dolphins team from 1987-1999 averaged scoring 25 points per game.

Tell me im not reliving my 80's and 90's Dolphins of Marino 30 pts and Def giving up 35. Very concerned maybe im jumping the gun but 30+ to the Bears and Lions offense pushing us last week. These are not the Bills, Chiefs, Cowboys and Eagles offenses. Expected much better.
hah.. me too. as i'm watching the game yest i just felt that chicago would score late and i'm sort of thinking let them score quick so tua has more time to come down and score on the last possession.

i had the same feeling watching the marino years.

Marino never had a 1000 yard rusher until Jabbar ran for 1100 in Dan’s last year
But I think he averaged like 2.8 yards a carry lol
It was a crime
Yeah 3.3. It was like JJ was hell bent on breaking the 20 years without a 1k rusher thing

The mid 1980s didn’t win a title….but that doesn’t me and couldn’t have.

And factually, only one Dolphins team between 1983 and 1999 gave up more than 24 points per game….and no Dolphins team from 1987-1999 averaged scoring 25 points per game.
Remember, scoring was not as high as it is now. Context

Tell me im not reliving my 80's and 90's Dolphins of Marino 30 pts and Def giving up 35. Very concerned maybe im jumping the gun but 30+ to the Bears and Lions offense pushing us last week. These are not the Bills, Chiefs, Cowboys and Eagles offenses. Expected much better.

I don't expect it to be the same case, because if the defense does not start to show consistency, after this year, Grier will replace him.

Unlike Olivadotti, who Shula was very loyal to, nobody feels any loyalty to Boyer...In fact the total opposite, Grier and Ross are on a win now schedule with all the moves, so they are not waiting for Boyer, either he quickly corrects the defensive ship, or they will find someone who can.

It was much worse under Olivadotti. At least this defense has some talent and promise of getting their act together. They have also been barraged with injuries.
Those teams under Olivadotti still had Defensive talent. Guys like Louis Oliver, Jarvis Williams, Jeff Cross, Hugh Green, Offerdahl, were all solid players. Im sure there is more I cant recall right now, but it wasnt lack of talent, it was Olivadotti and his inability to adjust. Thank goodness we had Marino to bail us out.

No, I dont think this is the same.

We have a personnel issue currently, and our shortage is due to how quickly the team came together this year with the Hill trade.

We KNEW that our LB core was weak... Hell, it's why we brought Scarlett, Munson and those guys back for minimums... but there wasn't anything we could do about it because we invested our picks and money on fixing the line and bringing in weapons-- we went all-in on Tua... and we HAD to do that to see what we had with him.

Yes, our LBs are poor, and YES, our starting CBs are starting to spend more time injured, than playing... BUT THIS WAS THE COST OF FIXING THE OFFENSE... and honestly, several of us predicted this.

Dont hang it on Boyer.
EXACTLY correct Fever. You’re starting to be as “right” as Ray (which is concerning).

Our defense Doesn’t have the same weapons as our offense. It was impossible to rebuild both sides of the roster in 1 off-season. We made the strategic right choice in going all in on building around Tua and our offense minded new coach.

Boyer can’t control injuries to out CBS and X possibly losing a step.
My only criticism of Boyer is our poor tackling, which has taken a step back from last year.

Didn't olividotti lineup our dline a whole yard off the ball one year or a part of the year?
In his defense I do recall one year him using up with 2-5 alignment against Buffalo (K-GUN) that confused the hell out of them. However I suspect he copied it from somewhere as that man didn't have original idea in his life.

It’s hard to imagine, but I’d say this defense is better than what Marino had on his teams. If that’s even possible.

Back
Top Bottom