Tommy Brady's Gotta Be Upset | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tommy Brady's Gotta Be Upset

Gardenhead

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So last year, apparently Tommy Brady resigned with the Pats for less money than market value so that the Pats cap wouldn't be ruined like the Colts cap is.

So then, he sees Vinateri, Givens, McGinnest, and now, perhaps Branch get low-balled by a Patriots front-office that is well below the cap.

Hmmmm, if I was Brady, I'd be none too happy. If Branch leaves, he's got no weapons. Maroney is untested and Dillon is done.

Gardenhead said:
So last year, apparently Tommy Brady resigned with the Pats for less money than market value so that the Pats cap wouldn't be ruined like the Colts cap is.

So then, he sees Vinateri, Givens, McGinnest, and now, perhaps Branch get low-balled by a Patriots front-office that is well below the cap.

Hmmmm, if I was Brady, I'd be none too happy. If Branch leaves, he's got no weapons. Maroney is untested and Dillon is done.

Vinateri was offered a deal that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the league. After receiving the offer fromthe colts he never gave NE the chance to up its offer, he signed that contract before the pats even got wind of it. Givens was offered so much money that the pats felt he was overpaid for a #2 wr. McGinest wasn't offered a contract at all and its believed he was too old and starting to decline. Not making an offer on a player you obviously weren't going to keep to you is low balling?

So Offering to make a player the highest paid at his position and not offering an older player any contract at all or not matching an obvious overly fat contract figure to you is "low-balling"? Branch was offered a fair contract extension 8 million in bonus money for a total 3 yrs/19 million, If that contract is what you call a low ball why hasn't Miami stepped up to make him a more fair contract offer? Some of you fans are quick to spin a pile of BS into pats bashing BS it makes me laugh.
You should read a little more and write a lot less. Perhaps then you'll get some actual facts in your post. :shakeno:

PS We'll see around week 5 just which team has no weapons and you won't be playing the bench this time around.

MR NFLFAN said:
PS We'll see around week 5 just which team has no weapons and you won't be playing the bench this time around.

Like last year, when you got out of Miami with a win by the skin of your teeth against a Gus Frerotte led Dolphins team?

Yeah. We're shaking. :lol:

FaninPatsyLand said:
Like last year, when you got out of Miami with a win by the skin of your teeth against a Gus Frerotte led Dolphins team?

Yeah. We're shaking. :lol:

We won by seven with half our starting team on IR. Now getting out with a 2 point win over another teams 2nd and 3rd stringers is what getting a win by the skin of your teeth turly is. Ever hear of looking before you leap? :sidelol:

MR NFLFAN said:
We won by seven with half our starting team on IR. Now getting out with a 2 point win over another teams 2nd and 3rd stringers is what getting a win by the skin of your teeth turly is. Ever hear of looking before you leap? :sidelol:

You won by 7 when we were knocking on your doorstep. This year, Culpepper puts that pass in between the 8 and 4 of Chambers (instead of into the ground) and we got a tie game.

Also, convinent to forget that Tom Wonderboy was picked off in that Week 17 game. Then we proceeded to shove the ball down your 1st string defenses throat. You clowns were getting manhandled when you decided to pull your starters.

That New England machine then proceeded to lose to Jake Plummer in the playoffs. :lol:

MR NFLFAN said:
Vinateri was offered a deal that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the league. After receiving the offer fromthe colts he never gave NE the chance to up its offer, he signed that contract before the pats even got wind of it. Givens was offered so much money that the pats felt he was overpaid for a #2 wr. McGinest wasn't offered a contract at all and its believed he was too old and starting to decline. Not making an offer on a player you obviously weren't going to keep to you is low balling?

So Offering to make a player the highest paid at his position and not offering an older player any contract at all or not matching an obvious overly fat contract figure to you is "low-balling"? Branch was offered a fair contract extension 8 million in bonus money for a total 3 yrs/19 million, If that contract is what you call a low ball why hasn't Miami stepped up to make him a more fair contract offer? Some of you fans are quick to spin a pile of BS into pats bashing BS it makes me laugh.
You should read a little more and write a lot less. Perhaps then you'll get some actual facts in your post. :shakeno:

Why would we do that if we have a lot of depth in Wide Receiver? I don't understand.

Vertical Limit said:
Why would we do that if we have a lot of depth in Wide Receiver? I don't understand.

You beat me to it...why would we go after Branch when we are stacked at Wide Receiver?? :confused:

Roman529 said:
You beat me to it...why would we go after Branch when we are stacked at Wide Receiver?? :confused:

Only thing Miami is stacked at is a couple of cheeleaders!

:sidelol:

What NFL team would go after a very decent WR for such a "low ball" offer?

FaninPatsyLand said:
You won by 7 when we were knocking on your doorstep. This year, Culpepper puts that pass in between the 8 and 4 of Chambers (instead of into the ground) and we got a tie game.

What are you living on fantasy island there Mr prediction. You won by 2 when we were knocking on your door in week 17 and if Beklichick lets Cassell complete that pass its a new game. Sh*t that sounds almost as phoney an excuse as yours.

Also, convinent to forget that Tom Wonderboy was picked off in that Week 17 game. Then we proceeded to shove the ball down your 1st string defenses throat. You clowns were getting manhandled when you decided to pull your starters.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Sorry when I catch my breath for this laughter I consider the source and not waste more of my time.

That New England machine then proceeded to lose to Jake Plummer in the playoffs. :lol:[/quote]

Well Yes it was a tough loss for us but you know I always think of it this way. Just to lose in a playoff game you have to be good enough to get into the playoffs. Maybe someday you might have that opportunity but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting. :sidelol:

MR NFLFAN said:
Only thing Miami is stacked at is a couple of cheeleaders!

:sidelol:

What NFL team would go after a very decent WR for such a "low ball" offer?
I have all the respect in the world for the Pats and of course they will field another good team this year but seriously... you HAVE to be worried about your WR situation....This isnt smacktalk but the recivers on your roster would ALL get cut if they where in Miami with the exeption of Jackson because he was a first round pick (not because he has shown anything yet).. I understand you wanting to back your team and over the last 5 years you have gotten some payback for 20+ years of getting smacked but the tides have shifted since 04 if you hadnt noticed and the division is going to be a dogfight for the Pats at the minimum.

MR NFLFAN said:
What are you living on fantasy island there Mr prediction. You won by 2 when we were knocking on your door in week 17 and if Beklichick lets Cassell complete that pass its a new game. Sh*t that sounds almost as phoney an excuse as yours.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Sorry when I catch my breath for this laughter I consider the source and not waste more of my time.

That New England machine then proceeded to lose to Jake Plummer in the playoffs. :lol:

Well Yes it was a tough loss for us but you know I always think of it this way. Just to lose in a playoff game you have to be good enough to get into the playoffs. Maybe someday you might have that opportunity but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting. :sidelol:

Dude

Gus Frerotte

Daunte Culpepper

I'm so damn happy the season's coming so all the Pats fans will finally shut the hell up for a while.

MR NFLFAN said:

Nice rationalizations...look, you can explain away all the departures, but they still are departures. Brady's weapons are dissappearing rapidly and you know it.

You should think a little more before rationalizing all the Patriots defections. The fact remains: Brady's gotta be upset that Givens, Branch, Vinaterri, and McGinnest are GONE, after Brady supposedly took less $ to help the team...and they're still below the salary cap!

McGinest wasn't offered a contract at all and its believed he was too old and starting to decline. Not making an offer on a player you obviously weren't going to keep to you is low balling?

Jr. Seau? *cough*

Back
Top Bottom