Tommy Brady's Gotta Be Upset | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tommy Brady's Gotta Be Upset

Gardenhead said:
Nice rationalizations...look, you can explain away all the departures, but they still are departures. Brady's weapons are dissappearing rapidly and you know it.

You should think a little more before rationalizing all the Patriots defections. The fact remains: Brady's gotta be upset that Givens, Branch, Vinaterri, and McGinnest are GONE, after Brady supposedly took less $ to help the team...and they're still below the salary cap!

Explain away? Thats what you call the truth explaining away? Facts are every team in the league has to manage the cap Belichick and Saban all face the same issues when it comes to players contracts. Look At Givens and Vaniteri both demanded top Dollar at their respective positions. Some of these teams have lived in cap hell for yrs (tenn comes to mind) yet they are so eager to rebuild instantly they throw money out there to pick up a Givens type player which was just out of line for a #2 Wr. So what do you expect the Pats to do just keep uping those contracts until the team is in salary cap hell. I think many of you look at the cap issue very simplisticlly like its just mad money lying around for these teams to spend.
I Think when it comes to managing the cap Belichick/Pioli are probably 2 of the best in the league and the reason they are 2 of the best is the have a system of player vs position value. It is that very system of cap management that has allowed the Pats to win 3 out of 4 SB's because the cap is managed for the long haul not just to win this year at all cost. A system of mostly tier 2 players that allows the team some depth behind those starters. It allowed NE to win SB's in years when they have started 40+ different players. If you want a fair contract AND a chance to compete for a championship NE has been the place to be since Belichick came on board. If you just want big paydays then NE isn't a place for you. I gotta say this team has been doing something right to win those titles especially they way they have had to win them with injuries to so many players each year. Who ever heard of J.R. Redman or Freddie colman, David Patten and others before NE played for a championship?

Ask your self do you really think branch is worth the kind of money the jets have offered? Or how about Givens and what tenn is paying him? Every fan has this knee jerk reaction that if anyone offers one of your FA's a big offer you have to offer more to keep them well easier said than done. When you win back to back SB's or 3 out of 4yrs some players tend to get greedy it also tends to make other teams try and raid your FA with rediculous contract offers all wanting a piece of the pie and unfortunately big fat over inflated contracts still don't buy championships just ask the colts or the redskins.
Funny that if you look at both Vaniteri and Givens both are on the sidelines fighting injuries right now, not what you want to see when you layout big contracts to a player. As for weapons disappearing rapidly I disagree with that statement. They aren't disappearing but rather they are being reloaded.
Wait and see what NE does with the 4 tight end sets. Watson is going to be a terror this season plus Maroney will contribute big to the running game. Chad Jackson if he can get healthy should also be a big help. Also expect to see no names like Bam Childress step up to the plate. We have a good "O" line and a very good "D" line and some great key players coming back from injuries. You guys seem to forget NE has won more with less than any other team to win this many SB's.

Urlithani said:
Jr. Seau? *cough*

If you can't see the difference between signing Seau and not McGinnest then you are truly blind. McGinnest wanted a long team contract at 34 yrs old which is exactly what he got from Romeo in cleveland. It was a fairly high paying contract for a 34 yrs old. Don't get me wrong I liked Willie but last seasons injury to Seymour and Bruschi proved to Belichick that Willie wasn't the force he used to be. We sucked on defense with out those guys and Willie never made a difference. Belichick wanted to replace McGinnest for the long term and get younger in the process and Vrabrel has proved to be a more versitile player than McGinnest.
Seau Was signed as a stop gap for an injuried Bruschi who's experience would allow a fairly quick Transition into the Belichick defense scheme. He signed a 1yr/ $1 million contract Not much more than vet min. Why would Seau sign for so cheap? 1 Reason he wants a ring on his finger before he ritires and NE was the best place for him to give one more year and one more try.

Replacing McGinnest was a long term decision to keep the team competitive for years to come.

Signing Seau was to keep us competitive at LB this season until Bruschi returns and maybe even help out this year after Tedy gets back but it will be for this season only.

MR NFLFAN said:
If you can't see the difference between signing Seau and not McGinnest then you are truly blind. McGinnest wanted a long team contract at 34 yrs old which is exactly what he got from Romeo in cleveland. It was a fairly high paying contract for a 34 yrs old. Don't get me wrong I liked Willie but last seasons injury to Seymour and Bruschi proved to Belichick that Willie wasn't the force he used to be. We sucked on defense with out those guys and Willie never made a difference. Belichick wanted to replace McGinnest for the long term and get younger in the process and Vrabrel has proved to be a more versitile player than McGinnest.
Seau Was signed as a stop gap for an injuried Bruschi who's experience would allow a fairly quick Transition into the Belichick defense scheme. He signed a 1yr/ $1 million contract Not much more than vet min. Why would Seau sign for so cheap? 1 Reason he wants a ring on his finger before he ritires and NE was the best place for him to give one more year and one more try.

Replacing McGinnest was a long term decision to keep the team competitive for years to come.

Signing Seau was to keep us competitive at LB this season until Bruschi returns and maybe even help out this year after Tedy gets back but it will be for this season only.

You do realize that Junior hasnt played a season's worth of games in 2 years combined...right? And when he did play, with all due respect to him, he didnt have IT. Good luck:shakeno: -One old worn out LB to replace 1 worn out over-rated LB:evil:

We could take 3-4 guys off the message board and line up as Brady's WRs and he'd be successful. They have had so many injuries to WRs and have never had a truly big time WR(Brown was close for a year or so) but Brady always delivers. He's the best QB in the game by far and NE will be just fine as long as he's healthy.

I have read over here that the Pats weapons are declining rapidly and that NE low Balled players on salaries and many other comments about how we can't win it all again.
Tell yourselves what ever it is that makes you feel better about your team but make no mistake we still are the front runners in this division and the way this Patriots team is put together and managed I don't see that changing in the near future. You may have Belichicks understudy in Saban but we have the master himself. :wink:

And one more thing. I havent heard you respond to the fact that Branch was holding out for compensation of a 2nd round pick, not a first or even a couple of 1s.....NE is well under the cap and you can't afford to keep your #1 WR for the price of a 2nd round pick....good luck....

azfinfanmang said:
You do realize that Junior hasnt played a season's worth of games in 2 years combined...right? And when he did play, with all due respect to him, he didnt have IT. Good luck:shakeno: -One old worn out LB to replace 1 worn out over-rated LB:evil:

You do realize that he'll play a different role in NE don't you? He's not going to be an every down LB here plus he's been reunited with his buddy Harrison. Belichick will be very specfic to Seau about his role and Junior is smart enough to handle that role for sure. Junior wants one thing now a ring and he knows that he's playing for the best coach in the NFL and one of the best teams in the nfl and this is his best and last chance to obtain what he wants so badly.
One more thing Willie was an OLB and Junior will fill in a ILB so we didn't replace McGinnest with Seau. From what I've seen of him so far I think Junior is going to suprise the Miami doubters.

MR NFLFAN said:
You do realize that he'll play a different role in NE don't you? He's not going to be an every down LB here plus he's been reunited with his buddy Harrison. Belichick will be very specfic to Seau about his role and Junior is smart enough to handle that role for sure. Junior wants one thing now a ring and he knows that he's playing for the best coach in the NFL and one of the best teams in the nfl and this is his best and last chance to obtain what he wants so badly.
One more thing Willie was an OLB and Junior will fill in a ILB so we didn't replace McGinnest with Seau. From what I've seen of him so far I think Junior is going to suprise the Miami doubters.

Seau's being reunited with his buddy Harrison?!?! Stop the freaking presses! I'm quaking in my boots!

Dolfan984 said:
I'm so damn happy the season's coming so all the Pats fans will finally shut the hell up for a while.

You aren't kidding.

At least you don't have to live amongst them..

azfinfanmang said:
And one more thing. I havent heard you respond to the fact that Branch was holding out for compensation of a 2nd round pick, not a first or even a couple of 1s.....NE is well under the cap and you can't afford to keep your #1 WR for the price of a 2nd round pick....good luck....

Its not a matter of being able to afford Branch. There are many factors ongoing with branch and his idiot agent and its become something bigger than this cut and dry senaro you try and make this out to be. The pats made two offers to branches agent back in may. 3yrs/$19 mill and a 5yrs/$31mill. I believe the jets offered him 6yrs/$36mill. Now the way i see this is 5yrs/$31mill is right in line with this recent jets offer so why didn't deion accept the 5 yr deal from NE? I'll tell you why because his agent and Belichick don't care for each other. His agent Now feels that Deions Rookie contract was unfair because it was a 5 yrs term and he also thinks Deion show be a FA now not next year. Chayut is truely an "A" hole as he was Deions agent when he signed the original rookie contract. If that contract was so bad why didn't he advise Deion to not sign it and Hold out then? If anyone screwed up it was Chayut not the Pats. The sticking point in all this Branch BS is that his agent refuses to reconize the final year of Deions rookie contract. He views the pats contract extension offers not as a 3yr/19mill but as a 4yr/19 because he counts this season against that contract ext offer. The Problem here really isn't Branch but his idiot agent whos done a terrific job of brain washing his client. Deion wouldn't have done sh$t without Brady and most likey won't on another team. He's not a true #1 Wr and I feel his agent isn't really looking out for Deions best interest he''s hell bent on getting back at the Pats for what he considers a bad rookie contract that he himself negotiated. So what happens down the road in say two more years say Chayut decides than that the new contract isn't fair what then..another holdout? Sometime you have to live up to the contract you negotiated other wise your not going to be trusted you'll live up to a contract extension.
All of this has turned the whole situation into one big power struggle and pissing match betwen a hell bent idiot agent and a team determined to make an example out of a player who is still under contract trying to act like he has the bargining leverage of a FA. The money the pats have offered has been right in line with any other offers deions had and any other fair and honest agent would have had him signed long before now.

FaninPatsyLand said:
You aren't kidding.

At least you don't have to live amongst them..

You don't have to either...every hear of job relocation? People move and relocated every day.

Gardenhead said:
Seau's being reunited with his buddy Harrison?!?! Stop the freaking presses! I'm quaking in my boots!

That statement wasn't an effort to scare you god knows you have already enough with that team of yours to be scared about.
It may not mean a thing to you but it does to Junior. Who do you think he talked to before deciding to put off retirement? It was another reason that he felt comfortable making his decision.

MR NFLFAN said:
You don't have to either...every hear of job relocation? People move and relocated every day.

True, but if I did... I would have missed the priceless reactions of their fans after the loss to the immortal Jake Plummer in the playoffs. Or the collapse loss in Miami to a 4 win Dolphin (you wanna talk about JV teams) team on national television.

Plus I enjoy all the other aspects of the Boston sports scene.. the Patriots should have relocated to Rhode Island when they had the chance.

FaninPatsyLand said:
True, but if I did... I would have missed the priceless reactions of their fans after the loss to the immortal Jake Plummer in the playoffs. Or the collapse loss in Miami to a 4 win Dolphin (you wanna talk about JV teams) team on national television.

Plus I enjoy all the other aspects of the Boston sports scene.. the Patriots should have relocated to Rhode Island when they had the chance.

You also would have missed those three super bowl parades one of which came in that great 14-2 "collapse" year you talk about. (When is the last time Miami collapsed to a 14-2 season?) We were all so down about losing to miami that year we almost forgot to celebrate the super bowl win....... :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: I'm willing to bet that you even attended the festivities down at city hall plaza while riding on the bandwagon. Get many autographs that day?

You want to talkabout trap games and miami...the 2005 cleveland Browns come to mind what was it again 22-0 and if that one wasn't funny enough the week 17 win by the skin of your teeth to a team of backups must have been real satisfying? You spin Dr's really crack me up.

:sidelol: :sidelol:

MR NFLFAN said:
I'm willing to bet that you even attended the festivities down at city hall plaza while riding on the bandwagon.

Wouldn't have been caught dead there, but you do have one thing right... 99% of the attendants were bandwagoners.

New England fans care so much about the Patriots that I think 1,000 people showed up to their '04 parade.

Got a real diehard fan base... getting sick of winning championships?

Pathetic.

I'm done with this pissing match, its pointless.

Back
Top Bottom