Tony Romo For Offensive Coordinator? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Romo For Offensive Coordinator?

Elle Clouds

Active Roster
Reaction score
In lieu of recent predictions, he may have a future in leading an offense

If he was 25, I’d throw $300 million at him for 10 years and guarantee $150 of it......without hesitating.

He would’ve been sooooo much better off in a place like Chicago, Minnesota or KC. He seems to be a punch line to too many jokes. Dude was a very good QB.

If he was 25, I’d throw $300 million at him for 10 years and guarantee $150 of it......without hesitating.

He would’ve been sooooo much better off in a place like Chicago, Minnesota or KC. He seems to be a punch line to too many jokes. Dude was a very good QB.

I’m glad you aren’t the dolphins gm. Ross is probably glad too.

I’m glad you aren’t the dolphins gm. Ross is probably glad too.

Ya ok. Within a year or two his salary would be below league average, and for a top 10 QB.

Math not a strength of yours?

In this hypothetical situation It wouldn’t be the best deal for Romo. With hindsight.

Last edited:
He would never do that. TV is easy money, and I have a feeling he doesn't really need that, but he still loves football so he is loving his job.

Did he ever call one of our games this year? I am just curious if he could figure out what gase was thinking...

It's a shame he couldn't see all he sees now when he played. May have won something.

To be fair, if Tony Romo was protected like Tom Brady and his o-line rarely if ever called for holding -- he might have fared a lot better.

Seriously, I don't believe there was ONE single offensive holding penalty in that game yesterday. And Brady was rarely ever pressured by one of the top pass rush defenses in the league. Either NE has had the very best o-line in the league for the past 20 years largely built upon 4th and 5th round picks and undrafted players or he's protected by the league a la Peyton Manning. Occam's Razor.

If Joe Montana was protected like QB's of today -- and especially like the golden child Brady -- he would have been able to play until 45 too winning titles instead of being broken by Leonard Marshall and Jim Burt. Hell I remember a game when Greg Lloyd called out Dan Marino all week long before a big MNF game then proceeded to hit him in the blindside the very 1st play of the game. In today's game, Lloyd would have been immediately ejected. But nowadays these QB's sit in the pocket with impuntity and the marquee names are even more protected by the lack of holding calls since the NFL doesn't want them injured and unavailable to be on TV every weekend.

If that's what they want -- fine. But fans need to recognize and realize what they're seeing. It's like baseball fans not wanting to admit that steroids and HGH allowed players to break long standing records and achieve what was once unthinkable. In the NFL, constant rule changes in favor of offenses and ever growing TV contracts have changed the game to a point where it's not comparable to the past.

As for Romo, he played during the current era, but in no way was ever protected like Brady or Manning. Not even close. The late hit that was called in Brady's favor late in that game was the exact same thing that happened to Patrick Mahomes earlier but with no call.

As great as Tom Brady is -- and I fully believe he is a great QB -- circumstances make him even greater and arguably unbeatable. I have the same gripe with the NBA. Great players are made to be ungodly due to the favoritism they receive. It's simply nowhere close to a level playing field. And I simply acknowledge that.

Some will argue that it's always been that way. And to a degree, it has. But it's been skewed more and more over the past 20-25 years than ever before. In both the NFL and NBA.

Back
Top Bottom