Tony Romo For Offensive Coordinator? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Romo For Offensive Coordinator?

Kind of like I believe kris richard was the d coach and passing game coordinator if I'm correct. You study enuf you should be able to become an expert at both sides

:nah: My man, Richard is the passing game coordinator for the defense.

To be fair, if Tony Romo was protected like Tom Brady and his o-line rarely if ever called for holding -- he might have fared a lot better.

Seriously, I don't believe there was ONE single offensive holding penalty in that game yesterday. And Brady was rarely ever pressured by one of the top pass rush defenses in the league. Either NE has had the very best o-line in the league for the past 20 years largely built upon 4th and 5th round picks and undrafted players or he's protected by the league a la Peyton Manning. Occam's Razor.

If Joe Montana was protected like QB's of today -- and especially like the golden child Brady -- he would have been able to play until 45 too winning titles instead of being broken by Leonard Marshall and Jim Burt. Hell I remember a game when Greg Lloyd called out Dan Marino all week long before a big MNF game then proceeded to hit him in the blindside the very 1st play of the game. In today's game, Lloyd would have been immediately ejected. But nowadays these QB's sit in the pocket with impuntity and the marquee names are even more protected by the lack of holding calls since the NFL doesn't want them injured and unavailable to be on TV every weekend.

If that's what they want -- fine. But fans need to recognize and realize what they're seeing. It's like baseball fans not wanting to admit that steroids and HGH allowed players to break long standing records and achieve what was once unthinkable. In the NFL, constant rule changes in favor of offenses and ever growing TV contracts have changed the game to a point where it's not comparable to the past.

As for Romo, he played during the current era, but in no way was ever protected like Brady or Manning. Not even close. The late hit that was called in Brady's favor late in that game was the exact same thing that happened to Patrick Mahomes earlier but with no call.

As great as Tom Brady is -- and I fully believe he is a great QB -- circumstances make him even greater and arguably unbeatable. I have the same gripe with the NBA. Great players are made to be ungodly due to the favoritism they receive. It's simply nowhere close to a level playing field. And I simply acknowledge that.

Some will argue that it's always been that way. And to a degree, it has. But it's been skewed more and more over the past 20-25 years than ever before. In both the NFL and NBA.
This. And after Loyd hit Marino he laid on top
of him jawing (taunting today) and Marino grabbed his jersey at the collar and said “**** you, you ****sucker” right back in his face. Brady would have run to the ref for a flag like a little sissy.

:nah: My man, Richard is the passing game coordinator for the defense.

its actually an honest mistake ill man up too. for the most part I had only ever heard of passing game coordinators on offense, kind of like the Rams don't have a true OC, they have a run game and pass game coordinator. its title you don't see very often. I actually figured that he studies defenses so much that he has the brains to know what is going to work against almost any defensive alignment regardless of how you scheme it so that he would potentially know how to give advice to Linehan. Kind of like ive mentioned it before that Gase is a good play designer but not a good play caller. he can see weakness in defensive schemes just a) he didn't have the QB's to audible into what was available and so on...but its not a gase thread or a passing coordinator thread. just honest mistake that actually wouldn't be a horrible idea to think that a db coach could help with the offense and a OC coach couldn't help with the defense.

as far as Romo, the job he has now is too cushy, and hes a good announcer so im sure if he ever wanted to use the league as leverage he could probably get a raise in the booth. I would probably want him more as a head coach due to his understanding of situations than as a coordinator. and actually I would love to see him coach against our former coach. He seems to know what play is and should be coming, think if he was coaching against a guy who's situational common sense made ZERO sense.

This. And after Loyd hit Marino he laid on top
of him jawing (taunting today) and Marino grabbed his jersey at the collar and said “**** you, you ****sucker” right back in his face. Brady would have run to the ref for a flag like a little sissy.

I remember that play. If that had been Brady, Loyd’s career would have been over.

Ya ok. Within a year or two his salary would be below league average, and for a top 10 QB.

Math not a strength of yours?

In this hypothetical situation It wouldn’t be the best deal for Romo. With hindsight.

Paying top dollar for an average qb who is injury prone. Hmm where have I seen that before? In his prime romo went 1-5, 8-8, 8-8, 8-7. He is not an elite qb and I cringe when he tries to put himself in that echelon.

His record in December and January was 21-26.

2006 team was 7-4, goes 2-3 in December 0-1 in playoffs. 2007 11-1 goes 2-2 and 0-1 in the playoffs. 2008 8-4 then 1-3 to miss playoffs. 2009 8-3 then 2-3 and 1-1 in playoffs. 2011 was 7-4 then 1-4 to miss playoffs. 2012 was 5-6 finished 3-2 still missed playoffs. 2013 was 7-5 finished 1-2 to miss playoffs. 2014 was his only good year 8-4 and finished 4-0 1-1 in the playoffs.

Choker.

its actually an honest mistake ill man up too. for the most part I had only ever heard of passing game coordinators on offense, kind of like the Rams don't have a true OC, they have a run game and pass game coordinator. its title you don't see very often. I actually figured that he studies defenses so much that he has the brains to know what is going to work against almost any defensive alignment regardless of how you scheme it so that he would potentially know how to give advice to Linehan. Kind of like ive mentioned it before that Gase is a good play designer but not a good play caller. he can see weakness in defensive schemes just a) he didn't have the QB's to audible into what was available and so on...but its not a gase thread or a passing coordinator thread. just honest mistake that actually wouldn't be a horrible idea to think that a db coach could help with the offense and a OC coach couldn't help with the defense.

as far as Romo, the job he has now is too cushy, and hes a good announcer so im sure if he ever wanted to use the league as leverage he could probably get a raise in the booth. I would probably want him more as a head coach due to his understanding of situations than as a coordinator. and actually I would love to see him coach against our former coach. He seems to know what play is and should be coming, think if he was coaching against a guy who's situational common sense made ZERO sense.
It was reported today, no probably about it, he's most likely going to be the highest paid announcer In The Biz, cuz she gig why the hell would he want to go anywhere near the sideline for less money

Sadly, we'd be better with Romo at quarterback and Osweiler at OC.

Back
Top Bottom