Top 4 Fins Hc ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 4 Fins Hc ?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I say 4 because it's going to be extremely difficult to find 3 let alone 4.
Shula
JJ
Wanstache
????

JJ was average at best here in Miami.
Mustache was bad but not horrible.
After that I'm lost.

I don’t care what anyone else says Saban was top 5 in my books compared to everyone else after Shula and JJ.

Not to get all dramatic or anything, but if we're doing an honest analysis, the list of the best Miami Dolphins Head Coaches looks like this.

1. Don Shula

mic drop.

Yea I thought Jimmy was the answer after Shula and he did do some good things especially on the defensive side but seemed to lose interest toward the end.
Really glad he found happiness living in the Keys and fishing when he wasn't on TV
Always respect him for the job he did will the Canes and Dallas. but in the end he wasn't the guy for the Fins.

Based off success? That’s really only fair way to rank them. But I will give saban a little higher ranking even without much success.

Shula of course. 2 Super Bowls wins. 5 super bowl apperances.

Jimmy - 3 out of 4 years in playoffs . Not the super bowl we wanted but more success then the rest of the list after Shula.

Wanny- 2 playoff appearances. 4 winning seasons in 5 seasons. Was loaded with talent at many positions.

Saban. - so much potential. Just couldn’t handle the losing and growing pains. He was better then wanny but I have to go by success.

Gase - one playoff season out of three seasons . Loved the 2016 season. 1 playoff appearance out of three is a better percentage then soprano .

Tony soprano. - one playoff year in 4 seasons
Loved that 2008 and division title but no Brady and he got one more season then gase and no more playoff appearances. Rip tony.

Philbin - no playoffs at all. no playoffs in 3 seasons 4th season didn’t even make it.
national embarrassment scandal called bullygate. Mostly healthy teams and weak schedules. Still no playoffs lol Got tannehill beat to hell.
He gets my vote as second worse coach ever for phins.

Cam Cameron — 1-15. Can’t say much more then that. Worst ever.

George Wilson - wasn’t around for that but heard he was a clown coach.

Based of success? That’s really only fair way to rank them. But I will give saban little higher ranking even without much success.

Jimmy - 3 out of 4 years in playoffs . Not the super bowl we wanted but mire success then the rest of the list after Shula.

Wanny- 2 playoff appearances. 4 winning seasons in 5 seasons. Was loaded with talent at many positions.

Saban. - so much potential. Just couldn’t handle the losing and growing pains. He was better then wanny but I have to go by success.

Gase - one playoff season out of three seasons . Loved the 2016. 1 playoff appearance out of three is a better percentage then soprano . rip

Loved that 2008 and division title but no Brady and he got one more season then gase and no more playoff appearances.

So gase is higher for that reason.

Philbin - no playoffs at all. no playoffs in 3 seasons 4th season didn’t even make it.
national embarrassment scandal called bullygate. Mostly healthy teams and weak schedules. Still no playoffs lol Got tannehill beat to hell.

I Can’t disagree with any of this, it’s pretty spot on. JJ built that team for Wannstedt to succeed, he attached himself to Fiedler which was his downfall.

Based off success? That’s really only fair way to rank them. But I will give saban a little higher ranking even without much success.

Jimmy - 3 out of 4 years in playoffs . Not the super bowl we wanted but more success then the rest of the list after Shula.

Gase - one playoff season out of three seasons . Loved the 2016 season. 1 playoff appearance out of three is a better percentage then soprano .

Loved that 2008 and division title but no Brady and he got one more season then gase and no more playoff appearances. Rip tony.

Agree w this ordering w exception of Wilson. He was better than Cameron. He had an expansion team and won more games. He also won an NFL Championship w Detroit so he was no slouch. Expansion teams had it much harder back then. In fact, I might rate him higher than Philbin to be honest. He didn’t give other teams 4 timeouts to work with. Saban would have been great. You could see it. His teams went on runs after slow starts. He just needed a QB...

JJ built that team for Wannstedt to succeed, he attached himself to Fiedler which was his downfall.

I know but I said I was ranking them by success. Sad for us is that two playoff appearances by one coach is amazing consider the last 20 years. Nobody else has done that.

No matter who built what. Wanny had more success then others.

I gave saban a pass though. He woulda been great eventually.

I hear what you are saying though.

Last edited:
Agree w this ordering w exception of Wilson. He was better than Cameron. He had an expansion team and won more games. He also won an NFL Championship w Detroit so he was no slouch. Expansion teams had it much harder back then. In fact, I might rate him higher than Philbin to be honest. He didn’t give other teams 4 timeouts to work with. Saban would have been great. You could see it. His teams went on runs after slow starts. He just needed a QB...

You are probably right. I just didn’t see Wilson so I put him last because of lack of first hand knowledge. But that is good info royal!

I Can’t disagree with any of this, it’s pretty spot on. JJ built that team for Wannstedt to succeed, he attached himself to Fiedler which was his downfall.

I totally agree. Fielder was his downfall. Why do these coaches get stuck on a qb? Their profession is on the line. I don’t get it

Back
Top Bottom