Top 5 RB's in the NFL | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 RB's in the NFL

LithoMan said:
What, that's almost 3 a game. And SF and Pit, he had none. If I remember right, those were Losman starts.

2.625 x 16 = 42 passes. and that is just peanuts. Once Losman gets the game plan down, it should definately go up. It could go down. But, even at 42, and he make 30-35 of those into something, even at a 10 yard mark, that is 300 yards receiving. I'll take that.

Earlier you predicted 800 yards receiving. now you'll take 300?

He had less than 3 per game thrown to him. His receptions were about 2 per game. Where are the ton of incomplete passes to McGahee you mentioned?

No, Losman had no starts last year. Someone who watched the games (as you claimed) would have known that.....

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Earlier you predicted 800 yards receiving. now you'll take 300?

He had less than 3 per game thrown to him. His receptions were about 2 per game. Where are the ton of incomplete passes to McGahee you mentioned?

No, Losman had no starts last year. Someone who watched the games (as you claimed) would have known that.....

Ya, so what is your point? I said at 10 yards a pass. 3 passes a game makes 300 yards. I laid it out to you. Obviously, your frivilous argueing is to make yourself right. 10 yards per pass. 42 passes I think it was. that 420. But, we both know Willis can do better then 10 yards per catch. And, that if he had 2.5 catches or whatever a game with chapstick, those numbers could go up just as easily with Losman.

Your so dead set against Willis, wanting to hope he busts, that you cant accept the fact, through incompletes, that alot of his possibilities were taken from him. He played in 13 games, had 22 catches. Avg. 7.43 a catch. Thats roughly 22/13 = 1.69 x 16 = 27 at his current pace. Add in the incompletes, which is another 11 opportunities. Then, factor in more looks, and it could easily jump to 50. If you double his opportunities, he has the ability to break those too. Which, adds a few more long ones. Enough to get 16 yards per catch, IDK, but I wouldn't bank against it.

I think his catch totals will go up, obviously because of more games, but more importantly, because they seen what he can do. I think he hinges on around 50 catches for the year, and would have to average 16 per catch. A little lofty, but I think is reachable. So, 800 in air, leaves 1700 on ground. Thats better then 100 a game. Like I said, I might be well wishing, but I know what the guy can do.

I think it's feasible. You may not. I would settle for 10 a catch. And, if that is all he gets, is 300, I would settle for that too. I think he can do more, but if thats all he gets, then thats all he gets. What, am I going to dog him, for not getting more looks? Hell no.

outlawd2u said:
With all the Mcgahee discussion about being a top 5 back, and the crazy trade Idea post Lets see who everybody really rates as top 5

Mine would be..........

1. Priest Holmes
2. Ladanian Tomlinson
3. Edge
4. Shaun Alexander
5. Curtis Martin(Yea, yea, he's old, & he's a jet but he's been running his butt off for a long time now)

Just for the heck of it 6-10 would be "In No Order"
Portis, Kevin Jones, Corey Dillon, Ahman Green, Tiki Barber..........Fred Taylor Also would be in here, but he just CANNOT stay Healthy

I like that thinking.

I love Curtis, but he is not going to take any game and break it open himself. He will play hard, consistent and reliable, but he will not make teams change their game and he will not break a 50 year run for a TD.

BZ

Fran2fin said:
I think you could add Ricky Williams to the list, so far he's looking great and has certainly proved himself many times over in the past few years. (with not much help from the O-line) which makes him a definite in the top 10.

Ricky was only top 5 for 1 of his 5 years so to put him on a current top 5 list after he sat out a year is a little crazy.

LithoMan said:
The best comic relief is you believing in a over hyped Auburn RB, on our team. Now, that provides me with days of entertainment. Instead, you will turn into a Carnell fan, since your other RB is a bust.
*yawn*
I'm an Auburn alum so I hope BOTH backs do well.
Caddy and Ronnie should score ~30 TDs each this year.:rofl3:
NFL??? BIG Steelers fans here.

LithoMan said:
Ya, so what is your point? I said at 10 yards a pass. 3 passes a game makes 300 yards. I laid it out to you. Obviously, your frivilous argueing is to make yourself right.

If I'm right, I'm right. You are the one making ridiculous arguments to back up totally outrageous claims.

LithoMan said:
10 yards per pass. 42 passes I think it was. that 420. But, we both know Willis can do better then 10 yards per catch.

No we don't both know that. You have nothing to base that on. Absolutely nothing.

LithoMan said:
And, that if he had 2.5 catches or whatever a game with chapstick, those numbers could go up just as easily with Losman.

Or the could go down.

LithoMan said:
Your so dead set against Willis, wanting to hope he busts, that you cant accept the fact, through incompletes, that alot of his possibilities were taken from him.

Do you have any data whatsoever that indicates that Willis had more incompletes that other running backs? You seem to be making things up as you go along.

LithoMan said:
He played in 13 games, had 22 catches. Avg. 7.43 a catch. Thats roughly 22/13 = 1.69 x 16 = 27 at his current pace.

Yet you want to assume way more than that, strange.....

LithoMan said:
Add in the incompletes, which is another 11 opportunities. Then, factor in more looks, and it could easily jump to 50.

So there will be no incomplete passes to Willis? WTF?

LithoMan said:
If you double his opportunities, he has the ability to break those too. Which, adds a few more long ones. Enough to get 16 yards per catch, IDK, but I wouldn't bank against it.

:goof: :goof: :goof: Would you like to make a bet on that?

LithoMan said:
I think his catch totals will go up, obviously because of more games, but more importantly, because they seen what he can do. I think he hinges on around 50 catches for the year, and would have to average 16 per catch. A little lofty, but I think is reachable. So, 800 in air, leaves 1700 on ground. Thats better then 100 a game. Like I said, I might be well wishing, but I know what the guy can do.

Are you trying to prove that you can make up unsubstantiated numbers? You are doing a good job. If he averages 50 yards per carry, he will only need 40 carries to reach 2000 yards. If he gets 500 carries, he will reach 25000 yards this year.......

LithoMan said:
I think it's feasible. You may not. I would settle for 10 a catch. And, if that is all he gets, is 300, I would settle for that too. I think he can do more, but if thats all he gets, then thats all he gets. What, am I going to dog him, for not getting more looks? Hell no.

?????

FinfanInBuffalo said:
If I'm right, I'm right. You are the one making ridiculous arguments to back up totally outrageous claims.

No we don't both know that. You have nothing to base that on. Absolutely nothing.

Or the could go down.

Do you have any data whatsoever that indicates that Willis had more incompletes that other running backs? You seem to be making things up as you go along.

Yet you want to assume way more than that, strange.....

So there will be no incomplete passes to Willis? WTF?

:goof: :goof: :goof: Would you like to make a bet on that?

Are you trying to prove that you can make up unsubstantiated numbers? You are doing a good job. If he averages 50 yards per carry, he will only need 40 carries to reach 2000 yards. If he gets 500 carries, he will reach 25000 yards this year.......

?????
:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom