Top 5 RB's in the NFL | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 RB's in the NFL

Crisis said:
Are you serious? Just because someone in the passing game is all dump offs and screen passes? Most of LTs catches are screen passes. There's what, 2 RBs in the NFL that can line up as a WR. (and one's currently backing up Stephen Jackson)

The Bills offense was built around a run game, and max protection for Bledsoe. One of Willis' strengthes coming out of college was his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, sounds like Ronnie Brown, huh?

LT is an integral part of the passing game in SD. He catches the ball all over the field. McGahee has not been used in any significant capacity in the passing game. My comments were based on last year and are accurate.

1.Williams (most talent here especially to do great with out crappy o-line
Tomlinson
3.James
4.McAllister
5.Lewis

I'm judging on talent not o-lines remember people blow someones stats up cause there o-line is great like kc o- line, bal o- line, den o-line and ind o-line.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
???? I don't think you know what facts are. I said he got substantial carries in more than 11 games. You pointed out that he had limited carries in the first 4. THAT LEAVES 12 GAMES WHICH IS MORE THAN 11.
okay since you wanna be technical about it, he had 11 carries inhis first 5 games. Better?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
???? Are you purposely ignoring the fact that LT's ypc last year was below his career average for the previous three years? That is why I considered it an off year. There isn't any other year to compare Willis' ypc.
Ah so your taking into account his performance in all other areas of his running game. Maybe his YPC is average but the rest of his nos. aren't . Do you disagree? Since the rest of his nos. are tops in the league, it can't be said that one criteria of his running game makes his nos. average.If ypc is the only criteria thatmakes a rb average, that's all you. You're the only who thinks that if thats the case. Comprende.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You put him at 80% healthy. Is that a diagnosis from a doctor or did you make it up?
Look it up, I ain't wasting my time. You yourself said he had no breakaway speed even after I showed you his 20+ yards were one of the top in the league. You yourself watched him play. He hobbled when he ran. Now that he's healthy we shall see if he like you said has no breakaway speed. Once he proves to you, I doubt anyways you'll be back to eat crow.

My No BS Top 5 rb:

1) LaDanian Tomlinson
2) Priest Holmes
3) Shaun Alexander
4) Jamal Lewis
5) Edgerrin James

I could go on with another list that is fantasy football friendly but my list above gives credit where it is due to studs RBs based on last year's records and this year's projections.

Justasportsfan said:
okay since you wanna be technical about it, he had 11 carries inhis first 5 games. Better?

Yet another error. Here are his numbers from the Bill's 5th game:

W.McGahee 26-111

I'm begining to wonder if these are mistakes or if you are purposely misrepresenting the facts to help your argument.

Justasportsfan said:
Ah so your taking into account his performance in all other areas of his running game. Maybe his YPC is average but the rest of his nos. aren't . Do you disagree? Since the rest of his nos. are tops in the league, it can't be said that one criteria of his running game makes his nos. average.If ypc is the only criteria thatmakes a rb average, that's all you. You're the only who thinks that if thats the case. Comprende.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???????? I COMPARED HIS YPC LAST YEAR TO HIS YPC IN HIS PREVIOUS THREE YEARS. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANY OF THE OTHER STUFF YOU TYPED????????

Justasportsfan said:
Look it up, I ain't wasting my time. You yourself said he had no breakaway speed even after I showed you his 20+ yards were one of the top in the league. You yourself watched him play. He hobbled when he ran. Now that he's healthy we shall see if he like you said has no breakaway speed. Once he proves to you, I doubt anyways you'll be back to eat crow.

Look what up? You stated 80% healthy. Are you backing away from that now?

There is no crow to be eaten. I commented on what I saw last season. Nothing else.

You seemed to have ignored this so I'll give you another try:

You like to throw meaningless numbers around. How about this? You like to claim he played in only 11 games and was at 80%. Lets say he is 100% now. Are you willing to project his numbers this year using your meaningless numbers?

100 ypg X 16 games = 1600 yds
1.2 Rush TDs per game X 16 games = 19 Rush TDs.

Since he was at 80% (according to you), his numbers need to be adjusted up:

2000 yds
24 TDs.

Are these your projected numbers for Willis?

AU_raven said:
They were co-starters.:shakeno:
Both players "rushed between the 20's".
I believe the reference to the 40 time was because an earlier quote stated that Caddy had the speed to break one at anytime. Ronnie too, has the speed (plus a little more) than Caddy.
Anything else???

Thanks for the good laugh. I needed one.

burger13 said:
Why are so many people so high on Julius Jones while Kevin Jones get little to no respect.

I've seen Julius on a few lists, but Kevin gets only honorble mention?? Stories will change by the end of this year!!

I had both as honorable mention. Kevin Jones is a fast straight line guy, very fast. Julius has the better athletic ability. I like me both, but if I had to pick one, I would have to go with Julius.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Except the fact that Ricky was playing while hurt and Wilis was playing after a lenghty recovery.

I can say his numbers were average because they were. 4 ypc is average. 22 catches is below average. His TD total was above average.

You like to throw meaningless numbers around. How about this? You like to claim he played in only 11 games and was at 80%. Lets say he is 100% now. Are you willing to project his numbers this year using your meaningless numbers?

2000 yds
24 TDs.

Sounds pretty close to what I am expecting. He is my fanatasy keeper, and while I might be well wishing, Buffalo has one hell of a passing game, and Willis a huge part of it. While it is very hard for any back to gain 2K on the ground, I think Willis will be a 2.5-2.7K all-purpose yard back.

I do think however Willis gets 25-28 TD's, pretty easy.

Crisis said:
Jerome Bettis had a 3.8 ypc average last year and carried the Steeler offense.

I'm not even going to compare his catch totals. Bledsoe left him hung out to dry with his ****ty screen passes. I've never seen a guy who can throw deep so well suck at dump-offs.

Got that right. Bledsoe sucked so bad last year, we started calling him Chapstick. He deserved every bit of disrespect given too him.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You seemed to have ignored this so I'll give you another try:

2000 yds
24 TDs.

I'll give it a go for JustaSportsfan here.

I said it once. I'll say it again. I dont think Willis will get his 2K on the ground, but I sure think he is very capable of getting an average of 90 a game on the ground. And average somewhere between 50-60 a game in the air.

So 90x16 = 1440

50x16 = 800

That totals 2240 all purpose yards. I dont see Willis as a RB. I see Willis as an all-purpose yards back. So, I dont think he will get the 2K on ground. And from the very modest numbers I put for his average/game, he is hitting the low 2K's. That could very weel go up, or go down. Either way, he will be at 2K.

Now, the TD's, I said I thought 28 for the high end. So, that is 1.75/game. Very feasible for a dynamic back. Some games 1, some games 3 or 4. But, none-the-less, very feasible.

I know alot of people want to put Buffalo in the crapper because of Losman. I dont, however. I think Losman will shine, and only help Willis even more, by opening up the field, with his passing to Evans and Moulds.

JMO. But, you really have no reason not to expect good things from Willis. He got stronger as the year went on, meaning his game play got better. I dont know if he was 80%. It was stated he was at the beginning of the year. But, I dont believe Buffalo would of played him if he wasn't 100%. All I can say, if he was 80-90%, he gonna be even harder to stop. But, I thought he looked like himself from back at MU. Which is good enough for me.

Not to get off topic, but you can expect the same from Carnell this year as well. Many can't accept the fact, Carnell, Willis, and LT are cut fromt he same mould. They are all quite similar backs. Like I said, LT got dogged going into the draft. Same as Willis, and same as Carnell. All I can say, is I will take that all day long on my fanatsy squad. You cant pry LT out of the hands of his owner in my money league. Same with Willis and Carnell with me.

AshleyJudd'sMan said:
Top 5 RBs

1) Rashaan Saalam
2) Curtis Enis
3) Blair Thomas
4) Lawerence Phillips
5) Ki Jana Carter:lol:

kidding..it is...

1) LaDainion Tomlinson
2) Jamal Lewis
3) Shaun Alexander
4) Clinton Portis
5) Willis McGahee:tongue:
NO JOKE!!! Ki Jana Carter was a threat to break one every single time he touched the ball!!! Of course that was a threat to break a bone, but... he'd sure break something and quick!

Back
Top Bottom