Top 5 RB's in the NFL | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 RB's in the NFL

Justasportsfan said:
the league is based on "what have you done for me lately"

Wasn't Mcghee laid up a year? So what has he done lately?

Don't get me wrong, I loved him with the Hurricanes but to be fair, Ricky was out a year also, and holds prior records if you recall....He should at least be listed in the top 10.

1. Ronie Brown
2. Ricky Williams
3. Sammy morris
4. Lamar Gordon
5. Travis Minor
6. KayJay Harris

That's my top 6 in the NFL. My team! My backfield! The tongue is a very powerful thing. You can speak pretty much anything into existence. I love our guys.

Fran2fin said:
Wasn't Mcghee laid up a year? So what has he done lately?
where have you been?

Fran2fin said:
Don't get me wrong, I loved him with the Hurricanes but to be fair, Ricky was out a year also, and holds prior records if you recall....He should at least be listed in the top 10.
If that's your opinion, I can't disagree w/ that. Some people have their own way of ranking people. Usually though, rankings are based on what they've done lately. Dillon wasn't rakned highly before last year because he was out for the most part the year before a labeled as being done or damged goods.I doubt anyone can say the same thing ,no? The same could happen RW but that remains to be seen .

Justasportsfan said:
where have you been?

If that's your opinion, I can't disagree w/ that. Some people have their own way of ranking people. Usually though, rankings are based on what they've done lately. Dillon wasn't rakned highly before last year because he was out for the most part the year before a labeled as being done or damged goods.I doubt anyone can say the same thing ,no? The same could happen RW but that remains to be seen .

WM still hasn't set any records....thats the bottom line!:)

I just wanna know how in the hell can you put a 2nd year player named Kevin Jones as a top 10 back?

Fran2fin said:
WM still hasn't set any records....thats the bottom line!:)
how many of those in the top 5 have set any records in 11 games. Maybe he has, has any of the Miami rb's in their history rushed for 13 td's in their first 11 starts? That could be a reccord. Has any Miami rb rushed for 4 td's in 1 game? :idunno:

Justasportsfan said:
I have facts? Do you? Hisfirst 4 games he had a total of 19 ATT

and what is 16 minus 4? 12

Is that a larger number than 11?

Justasportsfan said:
I agreed w/ you and I said he wasn't even top 5. but to use his ave per carry nos. only and say he's average is only picking certain stats to make your argument look right.

Didn't I already correct you by saying I never said Willis was average? Why do you do things like that?

Regarding using only certain stats to make my argument look right....... everyone does the same thing. You are doing it by trying to ignore his 4 ypc average.

Justasportsfan said:
One dimensional. HMMM. Let's see. Since you like picking ave. per carry to make a point, his ave. per catch is higher than LT ever had in 1 season . 7.7 ypc.. LT's best was 7.3 :lol: he had 22 catches and Derrius Thompson had 23. :lol:

?????? 22 catches is not enough to be considered a threat in the passing game. He is an afterthought.

Justasportsfan said:
Again, you ignore his being 80% HEALTHY.

So you're a doctor now?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
and what is 16 minus 4? 12

Is that a larger number than 11?
If he stepped on the field and never got a carry, that counts :tongue: I have facts, you don't.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Didn't I already correct you by saying I never said Willis was average? Why do you do things like that?
I didn't address you're saying he's average. I did address "the NOS." you posted. Not the player himself.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Regarding using only certain stats to make my argument look right....... everyone does the same thing. You are doing it by trying to ignore his 4 ypc average.
nope I didn't ignore it, you are the one ignoring the rest of his nos. 4 ypc maybe be average but the rest of his NOS. aren't. They are top on the list and those are facts.

When I brought up LT's 3.9 you turn around and say , "it could be his off year". :rolleyes: what's good gor the goose is good for the gander. You said 4 ypc is average. Therefre LT's 3.9 is average. However since we all know that the rest of his nos. are not average, all of a sudden we have a great back in LT. Why can you do the same for Willis. Like I said, we're just talking nos. here. Not the players themselves.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
?????? 22 catches is not enough to be considered a threat in the passing game. He is an afterthought.

So you're a doctor now?
Nope ,just pointing out how easy it is for you to call someone one dimensional. Get over it, we know you're scared of him and you even wished injury upon our players.

Justasportsfan said:
he tore every ligament on one of his knees. Some people thought he'd never play again.Huge difference w/ a shoulder problem.

Except the fact that Ricky was playing while hurt and Wilis was playing after a lenghty recovery.

Justasportsfan said:
Injuries aside, fact is, no one can say that his nos. we average unless you just pick one stat. I didn't even say he's top 5 or will be the best. I was talking about his nos. as a whole from last year , that's all. Injured or not , he had above average nos.

I can say his numbers were average because they were. 4 ypc is average. 22 catches is below average. His TD total was above average.

You like to throw meaningless numbers around. How about this? You like to claim he played in only 11 games and was at 80%. Lets say he is 100% now. Are you willing to project his numbers this year using your meaningless numbers?

100 ypg X 16 games = 1600 yds
1.2 Rush TDs per game X 16 games = 19 Rush TDs.

Since he was at 80% (according to you), his numbers need to be adjusted up:

2000 yds
24 TDs.

Are these your projected numbers for Willis?

Jerome Bettis had a 3.8 ypc average last year and carried the Steeler offense.

I'm not even going to compare his catch totals. Bledsoe left him hung out to dry with his ****ty screen passes. I've never seen a guy who can throw deep so well suck at dump-offs.

Justasportsfan said:
If he stepped on the field and never got a carry, that counts :tongue: I have facts, you don't.

???? I don't think you know what facts are. I said he got substantial carries in more than 11 games. You pointed out that he had limited carries in the first 4. THAT LEAVES 12 GAMES WHICH IS MORE THAN 11.

Justasportsfan said:
I didn't address you're saying he's average. I did address "the NOS." you posted. Not the player himself.

Please reread your post.

Justasportsfan said:
When I brought up LT's 3.9 you turn around and say , "it could be his off year". :rolleyes: what's good gor the goose is good for the gander.

???? Are you purposely ignoring the fact that LT's ypc last year was below his career average for the previous three years? That is why I considered it an off year. There isn't any other year to compare Willis' ypc.

Justasportsfan said:
Nope ,just pointing out how easy it is for you to call someone one dimensional. Get over it, we know you're scared of him and you even wished injury upon our players.

You put him at 80% healthy. Is that a diagnosis from a doctor or did you make it up?

Crisis said:
Jerome Bettis had a 3.8 ypc average last year and carried the Steeler offense.

Have you seen a single poster put him in their top 5? Thank you.

Crisis said:
I'm not even going to compare his catch totals. Bledsoe left him hung out to dry with his ****ty screen passes. I've never seen a guy who can throw deep so well suck at dump-offs.

Well there is the point. Willis' involvement in the passing game was limited to dump offs and screen passes. Other, more well rounded backs are split out and get passes thrown to them down the field.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Have you seen a single poster put him in their top 5? Thank you.

Well there is the point. Willis' involvement in the passing game was limited to dump offs and screen passes. Other, more well rounded backs are split out and get passes thrown to them down the field.

No, I'm saying a great back doesn't need a high YPC.

Are you serious? Just because someone in the passing game is all dump offs and screen passes? Most of LTs catches are screen passes. There's what, 2 RBs in the NFL that can line up as a WR. (and one's currently backing up Stephen Jackson)

The Bills offense was built around a run game, and max protection for Bledsoe. One of Willis' strengthes coming out of college was his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, sounds like Ronnie Brown, huh?

Back
Top Bottom