Top 5 RB's in the NFL | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 RB's in the NFL

outlawd2u said:
Fred Taylor Also would be in here, but he just CANNOT stay Healthy

Taylor does not deserve this reputation, he was injured often early in his career but he has only missed a total of 3 games the past 3 seasons. that is pretty damn durable for starting HB.

1.LT
2.Jamal Lewis
3.Ricky Williams
4.Priest
5.Alexander

LithoMan said:
Sounds pretty close to what I am expecting. He is my fanatasy keeper, and while I might be well wishing, Buffalo has one hell of a passing game, and Willis a huge part of it. While it is very hard for any back to gain 2K on the ground, I think Willis will be a 2.5-2.7K all-purpose yard back.

I do think however Willis gets 25-28 TD's, pretty easy.

2500 - 2700 total yards and 25-28 TDs? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

27 rushing TDs is the NFL record. You think Willis will come close or set the record EASILY??????

2,429 yds from scrimmage is the NFL record. You have Willis breaking that record by a lot?

NOT A CHANCE. NONE. ZERO.

LithoMan said:
I'll give it a go for JustaSportsfan here.

I said it once. I'll say it again. I dont think Willis will get his 2K on the ground, but I sure think he is very capable of getting an average of 90 a game on the ground. And average somewhere between 50-60 a game in the air.

So 90x16 = 1440

50x16 = 800

That totals 2240 all purpose yards. I dont see Willis as a RB. I see Willis as an all-purpose yards back. So, I dont think he will get the 2K on ground. And from the very modest numbers I put for his average/game, he is hitting the low 2K's. That could very weel go up, or go down. Either way, he will be at 2K.

Now, the TD's, I said I thought 28 for the high end. So, that is 1.75/game. Very feasible for a dynamic back. Some games 1, some games 3 or 4. But, none-the-less, very feasible.

I know alot of people want to put Buffalo in the crapper because of Losman. I dont, however. I think Losman will shine, and only help Willis even more, by opening up the field, with his passing to Evans and Moulds.

JMO. But, you really have no reason not to expect good things from Willis. He got stronger as the year went on, meaning his game play got better. I dont know if he was 80%. It was stated he was at the beginning of the year. But, I dont believe Buffalo would of played him if he wasn't 100%. All I can say, if he was 80-90%, he gonna be even harder to stop. But, I thought he looked like himself from back at MU. Which is good enough for me.

Not to get off topic, but you can expect the same from Carnell this year as well. Many can't accept the fact, Carnell, Willis, and LT are cut fromt he same mould. They are all quite similar backs. Like I said, LT got dogged going into the draft. Same as Willis, and same as Carnell. All I can say, is I will take that all day long on my fanatsy squad. You cant pry LT out of the hands of his owner in my money league. Same with Willis and Carnell with me.

IMO, You are over estimating Willis by a huge amount. He had 169 yards receiving last year. You anticipate 800 this year? You are clearly not basing your estimates on anything that you have seen.

BTW, did you see Willis tonight against a real defense? 61 yards rushing 0 yards receiving. A fair bit short of your estimates.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
IMO, You are over estimating Willis by a huge amount. He had 169 yards receiving last year. You anticipate 800 this year? You are clearly not basing your estimates on anything that you have seen.

BTW, did you see Willis tonight against a real defense? 61 yards rushing 0 yards receiving. A fair bit short of your estimates.

Of course I didnt watch it, they showed philly/bengals and wash/pit. Did he play the whole game?

He played until the last drive of Buffalos in the the third quarter. He never had one pass his way the whole time. According to live play-by-play on NFL.com. That is not how Buffalo operates. He was very involved in the passing game last season. It's pre-season. Hey, I broke my numbers down to you. I said 2.5k-2.7k. I aint backing down from that. His very modest numbers I gave in the next reply, he ended up with 2280. It would only take 220 more to hit 2.5k. Thats only 13.75 more yards per game.

You can quote numbers all day long, but that dont get no where with me. Last years stats are just that, last years stats. That dont guarantee sheet in the NFL.

LithoMan said:
He was very involved in the passing game last season.

That is just not true. He had 22 catches. Given the fact that he played the majority of the time in 12 games and appeared in all 16 games, that's less than 2 catches per game. I don't know what you were watching last year.

LT

Holmes
Vick(what?he doesn't count?)
Lewis(prison has made a man outta him)
Ronnie Brown(he's a fin,he's tops in my book)

FinfanInBuffalo said:
That is just not true. He had 22 catches. Given the fact that he played the majority of the time in 12 games and appeared in all 16 games, that's less than 2 catches per game. I don't know what you were watching last year.

Dude, I watched the games, I know. My god man, Bledsoe couldnt hit the broad side of a freakin barn, ten feet away. It doesn't show the incompletes. It was horrendous. Thats why I say, I think he will do very well, because one thing Losman can do, is hit the broad side of a barn ten feet away.

Like I said, you can quote stats all day long, I dont care. They are last years stats. But, then where are all the stats for incompletes thrown to a receiver? There aren't none, thank you.

LT
alexander
Holmes
Lewis
Barber

Portis
Edge
Martin
J.Jones
F. Tayor

I could probably name a few more before I would put Willis up there and I'm a Canes fan.

LithoMan said:
Dude, I watched the games, I know. My god man, Bledsoe couldnt hit the broad side of a freakin barn, ten feet away. It doesn't show the incompletes. It was horrendous. Thats why I say, I think he will do very well, because one thing Losman can do, is hit the broad side of a barn ten feet away.

Like I said, you can quote stats all day long, I dont care. They are last years stats. But, then where are all the stats for incompletes thrown to a receiver? There aren't none, thank you.

Well, I went through the last 8 games of last season. Here are the numbers:

NE - 1 reception/0 incomplete
STL - 3 reception/1 incomplete
Sea - 2 reception/2 incomplete
Mia - 2 reception/1 incomplete
Cle - 2 reception/2 incomplete
Cin - 2 reception/1 incomplete
SF - 1 reception/0 incomplete
Pit - 1 reception/0 incomplete

Hardly the scenario that you painted. Less than 3 passes a game thrown to McGahee.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
2500 - 2700 total yards and 25-28 TDs? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

27 rushing TDs is the NFL record. You think Willis will come close or set the record EASILY??????

2,429 yds from scrimmage is the NFL record. You have Willis breaking that record by a lot?

NOT A CHANCE. NONE. ZERO.

Litho always provides comic relief in his posts.:lol:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Well, I went through the last 8 games of last season. Here are the numbers:

NE - 1 reception/0 incomplete
STL - 3 reception/1 incomplete
Sea - 2 reception/2 incomplete
Mia - 2 reception/1 incomplete
Cle - 2 reception/2 incomplete
Cin - 2 reception/1 incomplete
SF - 1 reception/0 incomplete
Pit - 1 reception/0 incomplete

Hardly the scenario that you painted. Less than 3 passes a game thrown to McGahee.

What, that's almost 3 a game. And SF and Pit, he had none. If I remember right, those were Losman starts.

2.625 x 16 = 42 passes. and that is just peanuts. Once Losman gets the game plan down, it should definately go up. It could go down. But, even at 42, and he make 30-35 of those into something, even at a 10 yard mark, that is 300 yards receiving. I'll take that.

Back
Top Bottom