Top 5 RB's in the NFL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 RB's in the NFL

I think you could add Ricky Williams to the list, so far he's looking great and has certainly proved himself many times over in the past few years. (with not much help from the O-line) which makes him a definite in the top 10.
Great, you just had to say it. Here come the nay-sayers!:evil: :evil: :evil:

NYinBostonFin said:
I think it's a little early to say Mcgahee is a top 5 back.
Let's see him put in a full season, with 8 guys in the box and see how he does.

Not knocking him, I think he is a great RB, but this year will really test him on his ability and his durability.

You'll never see 8 in the box.... You know why? Because they actually have a passing game in Bufflao. So, for you to justify McGahee as NOT a top 5 back, because he dont have to face 8 in the box, because Buffalo can actually pass the ball, somehow diminshes McGahee's year he had last year... blah, blah, blah.

The guy is deadly in the open field. The guy can actually catch the ball,a nd make something out of it. Only time will let you see you are wrong about McGahee. The only better back in the entire NFL right now, ability wise, is Carnell. And, you will witness that this year too. Sure, call me stupid now, it's all good, but as always, I will get the last laugh when Carnell is tearing it up.

FinKage34 said:
Not to be a total homer...but Ricky Williams not a top 10 back in the league??? In all honesty me being a homer is the same as some of your guys pure disgust for what he "did" and you just still can't get over it. Would I say top 5...not yet but Willis Mcgahee, Deuce McAllister, or Corey Dillon better than Ricky. Not IMHO.

It will be funny to see some of you hard line "we don't need Ricky" posters after he cuts up Tampa Bay 5 weeks into the season.

I think Ricky may still end up being a top-10 back, but many fans are kidding themselves thinking he is going to be back into his old form immediately upon return. Yes, he made some good moves in one game, but he still looks nowhere NEAR his old self. The biggest part of Ricky's game was his strength, and that seems to be WAAAAAAY down. I doubt we're going to see him bowl over linebackers with what was once the meanest stiff-arm in the league. Hell, we'll be lucky to see him run over a CB or safety the way he has looked out there.

He is still quick (although IMO doesn't look as quick as he was before) and still has among the best anticipation, vision, and quickness in hitting the hole (if there are any) of any back in the league. But, what makes the good ones great, is what they do AFTER that point, and I think Ricky will not be as impressive in that department as he once was.

How is getting 1100+ yards in 11 starts an "average" year? Add on all the TDs he had...I'm not looking at the stats now but Willis goes over 1500 yards easy if he plays every game.

LithoMan said:
You'll never see 8 in the box.... You know why? Because they actually have a passing game in Bufflao. So, for you to justify McGahee as NOT a top 5 back, because he dont have to face 8 in the box, because Buffalo can actually pass the ball, somehow diminshes McGahee's year he had last year... blah, blah, blah.
I'd love to see teams stack 8 players in the box against us. Especially the fins and leave Moulds and Evans in 1 on 1 situations . We can all assume Jp is gonna struggle because he is a rookie. Drew was no different from a rookie. I doubt Saban is stupid enough to stack 8 against us.

The only thing that has me keeping McGahee off the top 5 list is the fact that he needs to have one more good year. He is a really good back. Another good year I would put him as 3rd below LT and JL.

Justasportsfan said:
I'd love to see teams stack 8 players in the box against us. Especially the fins and leave Moulds and Evans in 1 on 1 situations . We can all assume Jp is gonna struggle because he is a rookie. Drew was no different from a rookie. I doubt Saban is stupid enough to stack 8 against us.

we don't need 8 our front 7, or 6 if were dropping back in a zone, will be plenty

MY top 5 have to be
LT
Alexander
Martin
Mcgahee
Julius Jones

I have Mcgahee and Julius Jones at 4 and 5 because no one played better then them two at the end of the season.

Ricky Brown said:
we don't need 8 our front 7, or 6 if were dropping back in a zone, will be plenty
I didn't say you did. we shall see. That's why we're not coaches.

My top 5:

1) LaDanian - simply the best back in the entire NFL. He can catch, he can run, witness his total accomplsihments for the last three seasons. That the present past, not acient history past. Total package, and he has proven it.
2) Toss up. I would have to go with Jamal Lewis. The guy has done more in the last two years on the ground then any back.
3) Willis. I know what he can do, and you caught a glimpse of it last year, this year it is all Willis, and it will smack you with the reality check, that Buffalo didnt waste that first round pick.
4) Edge. I dont particularly like him on those knees. But, he showcased his ability last year, and he still has it.
5) Shawn Alexander. Proven top shelf quality back.

5b) Runners-up. Carnell Williams, Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, and Tatum Bell. All rooks or second year fellas. They all have the ability to be 2K backs. And, I believe they all will accomplish it at some point in their careers. Some sooner then later.

All the above have the endurance to take an 80 yarder to the endzone. Portis doesn't. Or he would be on the list too. Portis gives out at about 50-60 yards, if cant reach the endzone by then, hes caught.

Crisis said:
How is getting 1100+ yards in 11 starts an "average" year? Add on all the TDs he had...I'm not looking at the stats now but Willis goes over 1500 yards easy if he plays every game.

Thank You crisis. Someone's actually using their brains. If it's not all on the ground, somehow that dismishes he stat as a RB. Same was said about LaDanian early on. "LT isn't a dominating, smash mouth type of back, he wont succeed in the NFL." Go read his critiques if you dont believe me from his prospectus going into the draft. Everyone questioned LT's durability. Thats if you can actually find any of the critiques on LT, if some moron left them out there. They probably all changed them by now, claiming LT the next best thing since sliced bread.

Back
Top Bottom