Top 5 RB's in the NFL | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 RB's in the NFL

LithoMan said:
Thank You crisis. Someone's actually using their brains. If it's not all on the ground, somehow that dismishes he stat as a RB. Same was said about LaDanian early on. "LT isn't a dominating, smash mouth type of back, he wont succeed in the NFL." Go read his critiques if you dont believe me from his prospectus going into the draft. Everyone questioned LT's durability. Thats if you can actually find any of the critiques on LT, if some moron left them out there. They probably all changed them by now, claiming LT the next best thing since sliced bread.

There have been flash in the pans. not saying that Willis will be, it is just a possibility. Myself that is why I generally wait till a player has two years of success or at least two years of starting before I put them in the top five. Willis looks like he will be a great back, hopefully for him for years to come.

1) LaDainian Tomlinson

2) Edgerrin James

3) Shawn Alexander

4) Deuce McAllister

5) Jamal Lewis (would be higher but can't catch)

honerable mention: Curtis Martin, Ahman Green, Willis McGahee, Dominack Davis.

Justasportsfan said:
I'd love to see teams stack 8 players in the box against us. Especially the fins and leave Moulds and Evans in 1 on 1 situations . We can all assume Jp is gonna struggle because he is a rookie. Drew was no different from a rookie. I doubt Saban is stupid enough to stack 8 against us.

Now, if you think Saban thinks JP will struggle, then why wouldnt Saban stack 8 in the box? To force Buffalo to pass. Make JP beat us. Which is deadly, because JP aint no slouch, and when the games count, I think he will flourish.

All it will take is some nice outlets to Willis, and teams are toast. And when JP has his confidence, any team would be stupid to go one on one with Lee and Moulds at the same time. Sucks Roscoe got injured, or that would of just downright been ugly for your foes. Then, if Everett stays off the IR, and makes it back by mid-season, OMG, that is very very ugly for your foes.

1) LT
2) Jamal Lewis
3) Priest Holmes
4) Shaun Alexander
5) Domanick Davis (the next LT)

LithoMan said:
Now, if you think Saban thinks JP will struggle, then why wouldnt Saban stack 8 in the box? To force Buffalo to pass. Make JP beat us. Which is deadly, because JP aint no slouch, and when the games count, I think he will flourish.

All it will take is some nice outlets to Willis, and teams are toast. And when JP has his confidence, any team would be stupid to go one on one with Lee and Moulds at the same time. Sucks Roscoe got injured, or that would of just downright been ugly for your foes. Then, if Everett stays off the IR, and makes it back by mid-season, OMG, that is very very ugly for your foes.

I love how all buffafo fans thing JP is going to step in and be like the next Big Ben. JP is basically a rookie, name a QB that has had an immediate impact other then Ben?

Finfan86 said:
I love how all buffafo fans thing JP is going to step in and be like the next Big Ben. JP is basically a rookie, name a QB that has had an immediate impact other then Ben?

Marino and Rick Mirer

LithoMan said:

You're a bills fan in disguise :D.

Finfan86 said:
I love how finfans like you make that assumption without a link. :D

1. LT
2. Alexander
3. Lewis
4. Holmes
5. Portis

I think this list is good, I'd order it a little different.

1. LT
2. Lewis
3. Alexander
4. Portis
5. Holmes

LT - it's hard to question this #1...the guy is so well rounded.
Lewis and Alexander are neck-and-neck to me, but because Seattle has a v. good passing game I think it makes Alexanders life easier. Therefore Lewis gets the nod at #2.
Portis can take it to the house any given play. He's a smaller version of LT with a little less skill in the receiving dept.
Priest has had the benefit of playing behind the best offensive line in the NFL for a while now. He has no breakaway speed, he's just extremely shifty and patient.

After those 5 I'd say McAllister, Jackson, McG, Dillon with #10 spot reserved for the 'comeback player of the year" Ricky Williams ;-)

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
There have been flash in the pans. not saying that Willis will be, it is just a possibility. Myself that is why I generally wait till a player has two years of success or at least two years of starting before I put them in the top five. Willis looks like he will be a great back, hopefully for him for years to come.
and this is how I feel too. Problem is , when a bills fan says it, it's interpreted differently. That's okay it's a fins board. :D

Finfan86 said:

That hilarious. You want to take away the one guy who has shown what a GOOD rookie can do. Thats just hilarious. Now, wont that be funny, when JP steps in a shows Eli and Phillip "bench" Rivers up. The two guys worth a sheet in the 04 draft, are the ones taken after the two bombs that blew up, and thrived off hype. Marino? Ring a bell? Carr did decent his rookie season. Won his first game against Dallas. First game for the franchise. Thats the problem though. Most rookies taken aren't worth what they get paid.

So, to make your claim, you want to take away the guys who can actually be what the purpose is all about. Getting the NFL ready QB in the draft, not the hype machine telling you a guy is good, and then needing a year or two to develop. Which is ok, but usually never as good as the NFL ready guy, and not worth that first round price tag. If you have to develop the guy, then he shouldn't be drafted higher then the low second round. Teams just keep tossing them firsts at these supposedly ready QB's, and it backfires. Then, guys like Josh Harris, if he actually had good backing, and was able to get the reps he deserves, then he could of easily challenged just about any QB for the starting job. And dropped clear down to the 5th round. One, small school. Two, black. Three, never got the hype.

I could babble on all day about QB's, but guess I will just stop.

23Ronnie23 said:
Domanick Davis is gonna be stud this year

I just don't see it. He seems not seem agile enough to be a quick back and he doesn't seem strong enough to be a power back. He seems like he is the poster child for above average.

Back
Top Bottom