Top Billin' On Tyreek Hill Trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top Billin' On Tyreek Hill Trade

The Dolphins were one of the worst teams at creating separation last year. We have now added two players in the top 10 Hill at 3.6 yards of separation and Cedrick Wilson who gets 3.5. We're pairing these guys with Jaylen Waddle who was our best WR at getting separation and he got 3.3. How is this offense not going to feast? Devante Parker has to beat the 3rd or 4th CB on the opposing team? I'm no Parker fan but he should win that battle more often than not. If the OL can just refrain from being historically bad we have the pieces to have a high scoring offense.
I’ll bet parker won’t be here start of season,
There is virtually no upside trading him when Woods it a 6th rd pick in return
cap space if we need it.

Parker deserves a chance at a good coach. He's been behind the 8 ball for awhile.

I will bet you are wrong on both statements
There was really only one statement, that of the team trading parker or not. The other was a potential reason. And we’ll see. If he’s ur 4th best receiver that’s not the worst thing I. The world, if they decide they can use the cap space to sign another veteran center or tackle, that’s not a bad idea either.

Que sera sera..,

Imagine if Tua threw that exact same pass that Mahomes threw on that first highlight. People would be claiming that Tua lacked the arm.

Lol, if people actually paid attention to hi lite reels, they would notice a lot of Mahomes, Herbert Etc TD bombs are not hitting in stride.

Majority of time the WR adjust, or slows down in some way.

So you are right, Tua lacks the arm haha. That's what they'll say but the other guys threw his WR open or only where their guy could catch it.

I've seen many long plays to Hill where he flat out stopped, waiting for the ball, only to turn it into a long play.

Lol, if people actually paid attention to hi lite reels, they would notice a lot of Mahomes, Herbert Etc TD bombs are not hitting in stride.

So you are right, Tua lacks the arm haha. That's what they'll say but the other guys threw his WR open or only where their guy could catch it.

I've seen many long plays to Hill where he flat out stopped, waiting for the ball, only to turn it into a long play.
Remember Mike Wallace, that dude would get 10yds of separation but could not adjust to an underthrown ball if his life depended on it. Imagine being a qb who needs to throw a ball on point 40yds downfield to a speeding dart, more often than not you won't hit that mark, no matter how accurate you are on deep throws. Watching hill in a dolphins uni will be so damn refreshing, an exciting season should be on the horizon for us fin fans. Now more than ever we are built to compete on offense, even in the most loaded conference.

I’ve always believed a sign of a good QB is the wherewithal to throw the ball away. It’s just such a smart play to me. You’re given the option to launch a ball right over a WRs head into the sideline and get yourself out of a forced throw or unnecessary hit. Take advantage of it.

That was a Marino trademark. Often followed by chewing out his receiver for not being in the right spot ;)

Good point on Parker and something that a lot of fans don't consider. In previous years Parker went up against the opposition's best corner.

He certainly could dominate against third and fourth corners.

This is similar to the point I made in the thread about trading DVP. I am against it for many reasons, one of which is that he’ll be matched up on lesser DB’s and safeties.

I realize none of us are experts here, but I feel many don’t think deeply enough about this kind of stuff. Those wanting to cast off Parker largely haven’t really considered how the new acquisitions are going to change things for him.

Even the injury concerns are overblown as IIRC he’s averaged playing 13 games per season during his career. He’s no super star, but he’s worth more than a 4th round pick or lower.

Pound it out on everything but Tua running. The only running I want to see Tua do is a sprint to the end zone to celebrate with his WR after a TD.

I’ve always believed a sign of a good QB is the wherewithal to throw the ball away. It’s just such a smart play to me. You’re given the option to launch a ball right over a WRs head into the sideline and get yourself out of a forced throw or unnecessary hit. Take advantage of it.
I agree, although I would not mind seeing a good Jim Kelley type, suddenly out of nowhere, scramble at the right moment to get that 1st down.

And Top Billin also mentions one important thing that many dont see.. alot of plays was just Mahomes getting the ball to Tyreek, and he did the rest. Alot of it is the WR not just the QB!!

I will bet you are wrong on both statements
You sure about that?

How much did we bet?

Miami received a 3rd round pick and got some cap space recovered, around $3.3million or so This year? Seems like a good deal for the #4 receiver on the depth chart doesn’t it?

You sure about that?

How much did we bet?

Miami received a 3rd round pick and got some cap space recovered, around $3.3million or so This year? Seems like a good deal for the #4 receiver on the depth chart doesn’t it?

Yes great hindsight you had there

Congratulations to you to Grier I make that deal for a lame 5th and a potentially lame Parker

It is a great deal - and agreed we added very little by way of a 5th to get it done - and what would you like for your prize?

I am absolutely shocked

Yes great hindsight you had there

Congratulations to you to Grier I make that deal for a lame 5th and a potentially lame Parker

It is a great deal - and agreed we added very little by way of a 5th to get it done - and what would you like for your prize?

I am absolutely shocked
It’s all good brother, I just hope our team gets over the hump this year. I hope Tua has a great year and shuts up all of his detractors.

Back
Top Bottom