Top Billin' On Tyreek Hill Trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top Billin' On Tyreek Hill Trade

It’s all good brother, I just hope our team gets over the hump this year. I hope Tua has a great year and shuts up all of his detractors.
TBH I was at first under the impression that this 3rd we traded for was this year - I am seriously ambivalent that we lost insurance for this critical year for a third next year - for a few million considering the lack of health in this WR unit over the years (I kno this is a big sum for a player now listed 4th in the depth chart but Waddle is in a rook deal - and we have had an infirmary in the WR dept.

I guess they feel the WR will be healthy - knock on wood

The draft will be stronger next year so hopefully we get thru this year minus DVPs 8-9 games

Tyreek isn’t an 23 year old phenom… he’s going to be 28 and a half when the season starts. The Chiefs just got to enjoy the best half of Tyreek’s career for only a 5th round pick and the Dolphins traded 5 picks plus an expensive contract for the downward back half of his career.

Tyreek isn’t an 23 year old phenom… he’s going to be 28 and a half when the season starts. The Chiefs just got to enjoy the best half of Tyreek’s career for only a 5th round pick and the Dolphins traded 5 picks plus an expensive contract for the downward back half of his career.
I will guarantee that Hill is not going on a downward spiral over the next five years because he is 28 now. Even if we only get 3 great years, its still better than what every other WR not named Waddle would have achieved ,

Hill just turned 28, that's usually considered prime for an athlete and most top players of his caliber can play into their early 30s if they are properly conditioned, which he is. Also, if he was on his athletic decline and not as desirable, then why did the entire league make a big deal about his trade?

This post didn't age well......
No it didn’t the comment was about acquiring a pick this year not next year

They didn’t trade him for a pick this year they just dumped him for salary savings of 3 million - i guess they feel we are healthy at WR

He may have hit his peak (which I don't believe to be true) but even at 80% for a couple years he'll still be one of the elite playmakers in the league

According to this logic, if the Chiefs offered us Mahomes for picks and a contract, we should say no.

Best take this week.

This could be Tuas coming out party. Josh Allen was not good to average his first 2 years until they got him some weapons. Now he is talked about as one of the best in the NFL. I hope that is us this year. We now have the weapons that can get separation.

TBH I was at first under the impression that this 3rd we traded for was this year - I am seriously ambivalent that we lost insurance for this critical year for a third next year - for a few million considering the lack of health in this WR unit over the years (I kno this is a big sum for a player now listed 4th in the depth chart but Waddle is in a rook deal - and we have had an infirmary in the WR dept.

I guess they feel the WR will be healthy - knock on wood

The draft will be stronger next year so hopefully we get thru this year minus DVPs 8-9 games
I said it in another thread before Parker was traded that trading him this year is more about next year's cap.

Look at it this way. Next year is the tight year cap wise for Miami(biggest cap hits in the Hill/Armstead deals). If you kept Parker this year (which is fine but an absolute luxury, next year can't afford it) and traded/cut next year the cap saving is 6 mil in 23. By trading him now you save 3 mil this year and can also roll that over (if you don't spend it this year) plus the full 9 off the books next year. So that is a potential 12 mil in cap space compared to 6 next year. Also a extra 3rd next year to fill out the roster with a cheap rookie deal. This trade was mostly about balancing out some of the future cap space.

I keep asking this: How are NFL Defenses going to stop our quick pass game or all the crossing routes we can now run? That’s gonna keep some people awake this year for sure.
Not to mention the running game now that defenses have to back off a little because of the speed at the WR position.

I said it in another thread before Parker was traded that trading him this year is more about next year's cap.

Look at it this way. Next year is the tight year cap wise for Miami(biggest cap hits in the Hill/Armstead deals). If you kept Parker this year (which is fine but an absolute luxury, next year can't afford it) and traded/cut next year the cap saving is 6 mil in 23. By trading him now you save 3 mil this year and can also roll that over (if you don't spend it this year) plus the full 9 off the books next year. So that is a potential 12 mil in cap space compared to 6 next year. Also a extra 3rd next year to fill out the roster with a cheap rookie deal. This trade was mostly about balancing out some of the future cap space.

I agree initially I was arguing we wouldn’t get better than a 6th this year player for player not factoring in adding picks or next year

I accept the FO is trying to think forwards - I worry about the depth.

Thanksfor posting, great way to look at this!

I agree initially I was arguing we wouldn’t get better than a 6th this year player for player not factoring in adding picks or next year

I accept the FO is trying to think forwards - I worry about the depth.
Ya I get the depth thing. But to me Parker was probably like a 4th Mayne 5th option as far as targets. I view Gesicki as basically the large body WR. Then there is Hill and Waddle for sure. I like Wilson at this point better then Parker as well.

Also I think Smythe could make a jump in target's. Smythe has been kinda sneaky good he just has to block like 75% of the time because the OL was a train wreck. He was only targeted 41 times and caught 34 of those at 10.5 YPC. 2 years ago he was targeted 29 times and caught 26 of those. I think if the OL improves he will get more chances. Also be interesting to see if Long can develop some.

Back
Top Bottom