Top Nfl Wrs On Passes Thrown At Or Behind The Line Of Scrimmage

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The Goat, Jul 9, 2018.

1. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

2. Ray R

Ray R FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Looks like we got a better wide receiver for less money. Nice job front office.

3. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

I wasn't going to go that far. But if they fully intend to use the slot receiver as a screen option, I understand why overpaying for Landry makes no sense if Wilson is an option.

mwestberry and Ray R like this.
  4. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

I have to believe we are going to see a ton of those WR screens etc that we saw the last 2 years - just different guys catching them.

fishfanmiami, superphin and Ray R like this.
  5. Ray R

I'm sure we will see a lot of screen passes. I expect there will be enough other routes opened up by those screen passes to make us a bit less dependent on them.

I think we'll see at least one play a game where Grant will be sent deep. Because of his speed, it will take less time for the play to develop and if he isn't open, then probably our tight end will be. We would use our wide receivers on slightly deeper routes downfield and keep a RB near the QB for an escape valve. This would give Tannehill a series of prime targets available at different times as the play develops. Grant is going to cause defenses a lot of problems, especially if we occasionally use him as a running back.

I think we are going to enjoy watching our offence this year. I'm already starting to smile.

6. LoneStarPhin

LoneStarPhin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

hence my 11-5 prediction.

And i think starting out we are going to have a lot of check-down type options for THill as he gets reacclimated. Gase's instructions will probably be just get rid of it if the primary aint there quick. We need to limit the beatings he takes.

Superself, fins1, Ray R and 1 other person like this.
  7. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Lots of possibilities! Finally, we have an O on paper that can do everything.

Superself, crumpdaddy and Ray R like this.
  8. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

With Hill at 3 a lot has to be said for KC’s playbook skewing this list a bit.

9. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

So it looks like Landry averaged close to 4.5 yards per target on passes behind the line of scrimmage. That's about the same as a back averaging 4.5 yards per carry.

10. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

Fake screen. Bomb the crap out of 'em baby!

Dear OL,

we just need another 900-1200 milliseconds!

You can do it!

11. Ray R

A little more concise than my paragraphs on the subject, but YES!

crumpdaddy likes this.
  12. dahlmarino

dahlmarino Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

Interesting that Landry had 11 more catches on 10 more targets for the 27 fewer yards than Wilson. I saw Hill was #3 on that list as well, and was only 8 yards behind Landry on 11 fewer catches. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was because they were lining up against deeper coverage due to opposing secondaries having to respect the speed on the field, the receiving threat TE, and the game breaking RB. It seems like we have the pieces in place for that. Hopefully we can replicate the YPC in those situations as a result.

BigNastyFish and Ray R like this.
  13. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

Landry's career yards per target is 7.08... Which isnt even good for top 100(139) for his time in the league... For reference sake, Albert is 79th for the same timeframe...***I filtered for WRs with more than 80 targets during the whole timeframe***

Albert Wilson individually, was 15th in the NFL last season in average cushion and he was #1 in average separation....

14. Mach2

Mach2 Well-Known Member

I would like to think we won't be doing that as much, and when we do, it's for a different reason.

You can force the defense into different positioning with that type play, but it's no good when its your bread and butter.

When's the last time anyone on the team ran an honest to goodness 7 yard slant anyway?

The Goat, SuperMarksBros. and Ray R like this.
  15. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

The 4.5 average I was talking about was on passes behind the line of scrimage, hitch passes/screens. If you can get that on first down and put your team in 2nd and 5 or 2nd and 6 that's not bad. think you will sdee your share of those types of passes to Wlson, Grant and Amendola.