Top WR's in the NFL vs. Edwards/Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top WR's in the NFL vs. Edwards/Williams

caneaddict said:
Finally - Thank You! A good example.

One caveat here is that Muhsin has been in the league a while and had his break out year last year. I think he's really good but he needs another good year to prove he's perennial Pro Bowler material. But nonetheless it's a good call.

That's 1 WR so far. Any others?

Desmond Mason and especially Jimmy Smith come to mind. Jimmy is a terrific reciever, he's clutch and has great hands. Mason isn't a burner and has been getting it done for years.

I'm sure that it is possible to be a good posession receiver in this league and very productive without having a blazing 40. The big question is if, in today's NFL (where some LB's run 4.5's and 6'1 CB's run sub 4.5), it is possible to be a premier #1 receiver (like Andre Johnson, TO, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison etc.) without sub 4.45 40 time (of course that's not all you need).

caneaddict said:
I'm sure that it is possible to be a good posession receiver in this league and very productive without having a blazing 40. The big question is if, in today's NFL (where some LB's run 4.5's and 6'1 CB's run sub 4.5), it is possible to be a premier #1 receiver (like Andre Johnson, TO, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison etc.) without sub 4.45 40 time (of course that's not all you need).
While it is possible, every year it is becoming more and more difficult. Players are becoming bigger, faster, and more athetic. Pretty soon we're gonna have Nose Tackles run 4.2 40's!

HugeFinFan said:
Desmond Mason and especially Jimmy Smith come to mind. Jimmy is a terrific reciever, he's clutch and has great hands. Mason isn't a burner and has been getting it done for years.

Do you consider Desmond Mason or Jimmy Smith Pro Bowl Receivers TODAY?

I don't know what just happened but three posts from page one just got repeated on page 2. Odd.

Torry Holt is fast, but I don't think his 40 is super-fast. He's prolly around 4.5.

caneaddict said:
Do you consider Desmond Mason or Jimmy Smith Pro Bowl Receivers TODAY?

I don't know what just happened but three posts from page one just got repeated on page 2. Odd.
I would consider them 2nd tier probowlers..

DonShula84 said:
Chad Johnson ran a 4.55 so I guess you can have a slower 40 time and still be a great WR

http://www.wesh.com/sports/717924/detail.html

That link talks about him in college. They never mention where they got the 4.55 number from. Not sure if that's accurate (VERY DOUBTFUL, no way Johnson runs a 4.55). Before the combine, the 40 times put up on most sites are way off. Look at this year, Matt Jones was generally listed at 4.6-4.8. Williamson was listed as 4.4. Edwards was listed as 4.3 etc.

Anyone have the OFFICIAL time for Chad Johnson. I'll bet most anything it's WAY faster than 4.55. He can run a 4.4 in his sleep.

caneaddict said:
That link talks about him in college. They never mention where they got the 4.55 number from. Not sure if that's accurate (VERY DOUBTFUL, no way Johnson runs a 4.55). Before the combine, the 40 times put up on most sites are way off. Look at this year, Matt Jones was generally listed at 4.6-4.8. Williamson was listed as 4.4. Edwards was listed as 4.3 etc.

Anyone have the OFFICIAL time for Chad Johnson. I'll bet most anything it's WAY faster than 4.55. He can run a 4.4 in his sleep.

This one is from Mel Kipers site, it has him listed as a 4.54, and it says final notes from the combine, what excuse are you going to come up with now to try and prove your point :shakeno:

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/melkiper/s/2001/0307/1136944.html

Back
Top Bottom