Total Rebuild- Trade Stills, Wilson, & Grant? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Total Rebuild- Trade Stills, Wilson, & Grant?

South Beach

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

We have been told that our Dolphins are going through a rebuild, and that things will be rough for 2-3 years. I believe it will be more like days gone by with a 5 year rebuilding program, hoping I am wrong.

Regardless, we have three play making speed demons at WR and they are at peak value as trade value for picks. A closer look:

Stills (26)- Cost to trading team- $5M in 2019 and $7M in 2020

Wilson (26)- Cost to trading team- $0 in 2019 and $9.5M in 2020

Grant (26)- Cost to trading team- $720K in 2019 and FA in 2020.

The link at the top shows what FA WR's have been paid in FA and I believe we can get a 3rd round pick for Stills and Wilson and a 4th for Grant, as they are young, cheap play makers. We may get a bit more by going to 2020 picks (not a bad idea).

I do not want to let them go but, in 3 years (IF we get things together by then) they will all be 29 and new contracts will be needed by all three before then.

Trading now is our best option.

Dumb idea is dumb.

Look, apparently through all of your 7 posts here - you'd like to see us field the Hellen Keller Institute.

We still need to put players on the field. Starting 22 draft picks like you seem on the way to alluding to ain’t gonna happen.

Not everyone is a draft pick.

As per reports, both injuries are no problem. When you look at age, cost and speed, they will attract much interest.

As much as I hate to say it, I would also have to seriously consider trading X for a #1 pick.

Dolphins have a history of not trading players for value and keeping them until we get nothing in return. This should change with the Pats mind set from Flores.

As per reports, both injuries are no problem. When you look at age, cost and speed, they will attract much interest.

As much as I hate to say it, I would also have to seriously consider trading X for a #1 pick.

Dolphins have a history of not trading players for value and keeping them until we get nothing in return. This should change with the Pats mind set from Flores.
That’s it. Go the **** away troll!

WOW!!! Quite an over reaction to an opinion on rebuilding. It has been used historically in the NFL by teams running fire sales to get as many picks as possible.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

We have been told that our Dolphins are going through a rebuild, and that things will be rough for 2-3 years. I believe it will be more like days gone by with a 5 year rebuilding program, hoping I am wrong.

Regardless, we have three play making speed demons at WR and they are at peak value as trade value for picks. A closer look:

Stills (26)- Cost to trading team- $5M in 2019 and $7M in 2020

Wilson (26)- Cost to trading team- $0 in 2019 and $9.5M in 2020

Grant (26)- Cost to trading team- $720K in 2019 and FA in 2020.

The link at the top shows what FA WR's have been paid in FA and I believe we can get a 3rd round pick for Stills and Wilson and a 4th for Grant, as they are young, cheap play makers. We may get a bit more by going to 2020 picks (not a bad idea).

I do not want to let them go but, in 3 years (IF we get things together by then) they will all be 29 and new contracts will be needed by all three before then.

Trading now is our best option.

Can see this as another one of potential paths.

Only thing for me, is I think that one of the other consideration in turning over our team is Time.
Giving up to much which I'm not necessarily saying this is but giving up more than needed does solidify your idea of more this being a 5 year plan where I think that they may see their plan as more 3 years to be legitimately competitive...

Personally like to see success as soon as possible and 2 year sooner is significant IMO. Another reason I see trading for that QB this years draft and starting the whole non tank liget rebuild Now and not wait even another year to limit our development to lose for the 2020 Draft...

Would be open to trading Stills and Wilson, but I wouldn't give them away. Grant is a keeper for the long term.

That’s it. Go the **** away troll!

I see you are more a politician than realistic fan. IF you bother to read Phins media you would find that trading X has been discussed/debated in the Herald, PB Post, and Sun Sentimental.

Guess you believe they have all been taken over by "trolls" as well. LOL

WOW!!! Quite an over reaction to an opinion on rebuilding. It has been used historically in the NFL by teams running fire sales to get as many picks as possible.

You were looking for a reaction...IMO.

You got it...9 posts in, unless this is a burner account.

It would cost the team more money to get rid of Wilson than to keep him. In fact, the difference between the cap hit and the dead cap hit...is more than Jakeem Grant's salary for 2019.

Not only that, but their skill sets should work well in the 2019 offense. It's just not a good ROI, unless someone bangs down their door with a crazy trade offer.

Trading X would make more sense. This is a revuild, the team isn't contending for at least 3 years. Why waste X in his prime, and pay him a ton on a bad team? If you could get a first and some more it should be considered.. If this wasnt a rebuild, and this was a contender, then hell no to trading X

The 5-year plan doesn't really exist anymore, it's more like 2 years now. Also, if you trade away those guys for picks, guess what you now need to do with those picks?

It s not supposed to exist but many teams have exceeded it in failed attempts of becoming a legit playoff team.

Consider that if our "Savior To Be" is drafted in 2020, it will take a year to adapt and if we are very lucky, he will be ready for 2021.

The WR's mentioned will be 29 and only with the team IF we re-sign them.

Back
Top Bottom