Totally new concept! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Totally new concept!

I also think that in the passing game there were often options that Tua didn't take advantage of. I'm sure some people got all excited when Tua ran, but he would have been better off throwing it his check down. That's what Steve Young took several years to learn. He was a beast as a runner. Many people thought he could have been a HOF RB. But Walsh finally got him to recognize that the check down to the FB who wasn't likely to gain as many yards as he could was the smarter long-term play.

The 493ers are steamrolling teams right now and the Chargers aren't chopped liver . We just had a bad west coast trip and now it's time to get back on track. You have to give credit to the teams we faced the last 2 weeks.

The 493ers are steamrolling teams right now and the Chargers aren't chopped liver . We just had a bad west coast trip and now it's time to get back on track. You have to give credit to the teams we faced the last 2 weeks.
Chargers yes
SF, not so much. The game was for the taking

Then Iā€™ll be happy. But they scored a TD on the first play of the niners game and the wheels fell off shortly after.

IMO, throwing 20+ passes to the middle of the field play after play, game after game, is not a sustainable winning formula.

To me, you still need your meat and potatoes 5-10 yard throws, screens, RB check downs and good olā€™ fashion running game to mix it up and attack all areas of the field.

But Iā€™m a nobody on a fan forum so Iā€™ll leave it to the coaches who get paid big bucks to think about these strategies.
I completely agree with you. Yet it still feels like bizarro world that we're asking for this, after 20+ years of what seems like nothing but check downs, screens and the running game.

Hell GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Hell Naw, we are doomed to be Miserable!!! We are Dolfans after all. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
You seem to have missed the point of this post.
What can the team change in order to win?

Not a 50 point loss, but some sort of 27-13 loss that has the Bills keeping them at arms length. The running game and pass defense just have too many question marks to predict a positive revelation. Thatā€™s not necessarily on the players, but what do the coaches do differently? Not sure, itā€™s mid-December already.
Take a guess at what our game plan should include.

na. past few weeks/months we been running the same offense. we got a bread and butter play and teams have learned to stop it. McDaniels not dumb. he ran it til it died. which was last week and the only reason why waddle didnā€™t accumulate the yards he usually gets is because he was hurt.

the fins rested last week for the exception of hill. dude has been a beast. literally a ****in animal! snow or what weā€™re the weather is going to be fins come out chomping. this part of the schedule has a ways been do or die. so that hasn't changed.

fins have to be relentlessā€¦.. play balls out and everyone needs to do there job of what is asked. ****in letā€™s go fins!!!!!!!

Totally new concept.

Let's talk about this week's upcoming game and how we are going to win.

I'll start.

Offense:
MM needs to have a better game plan with a much "busier" running game.
Tua needs to revert to the Tua of 3 weeks ago.
Offensive line needs to work well as a group to open holes for our running backs.
Receivers need to drink more, or possibly less coffee so they can hold onto the ball. (Bet you hadn't considered that - LOL
Overall, just keep moving the ball on prolonged (or even short) drives that end up in points scored. I want to see 3 to 10 points scored each quarter. Keep the pressure on their defense.

Defense:
I hope you guys are not on the field too long.
All defensive players - just do your job!
Defenses coaches - don't give their QB much time to do anything.
I want to see an effective defensive game plan.
I don't know what you changed 2 weeks ago, but un-change it.

Special Teams:

Stay alert and do your jobs!

To the entire Dolphins team - STOP THE SENSELESS PENALTIES

OK, you guys can go ahead and fill in the blanks with what we need to do, not bellyache about players not meeting your particular expectations, but what they need to do to meet those expectations.
As always, Ray is Right. Here is my 2 Cents:

Offense:
Pound the rock (with Wilson if he is healthy) and do not abandon it under any circumstance.
Start Tua off with short dump offs to get his rhythm in sync. Buffalo will try to take away the middle of the field anyway, so a quick 5 yard pass is fine.
Go Hurry Up offense as much as possible especially in the 3rd - 4rth quarters.
Get Waddle some easy early catches.
Reacquaint ourselves with our TE, his name is Gesicki.

Defense:

Play "mean" football. Not dirty, but I want some very hard hits whenever legally possible. Nothing soft!
X must somehow get an int.
More Sieler off the edge.
2+ turnovers

na. past few weeks/months we been running the same offense. we got a bread and butter play and teams have learned to stop it. McDaniels not dumb. he ran it til it died. which was last week and the only reason why waddle didnā€™t accumulate the yards he usually gets is because he was hurt.

the fins rested last week for the exception of hill. dude has been a beast. literally a ****in animal! snow or what weā€™re the weather is going to be fins come out chomping. this part of the schedule has a ways been do or die. so that hasn't changed.

fins have to be relentlessā€¦.. play balls out and everyone needs to do there job of what is asked. ****in letā€™s go fins!!!!!!!

This is exactly what i was thinking. And My 3 cents addition to that is maybe we didnt see MM adjust, possibly because teams will do their adjustments against it. In a sense he doesnt want to show all of his cards.

We are still thick into making the playoffs too so its not like it was do or die at the time (although i know a win wouldve been playoffs). Currently its like the whole world and their moms are doubting us to show up in Buffalo but this is where i believe we will start seeing changes and adjustments when needed. God i hope im right lol

Last edited:
The game plan should be simpler than you'd normally think here....

Offense needs to settle down and set up the big plays instead of trying to hit homeruns 24-7.
Weather will dictate run or pass options but you know they will try and copy the last 2 teams and play in that middle zone so Tua needs to make the right reads and check down if it's not there instead of trying to hit a guy 20 yards downfield who's not open.
Speaking of which McD needs to have that option available to him as a simple check down to HB or an actual screen pass can pop for big gains in snow games if footing is bad.
McD needs to have a decent amount of cutback runs in his toolset because if it's snowing it's a great advantage against a defense like Buffalo's that tends to over pursue at times.
If it sounds like a ball control offense it's because it is.

Defense needs to expect Allen is going to run ....a lot...spy him or pay the price
Boyer needs to stop trying to outsmart himself and when things aren't going right he needs to THINK and see the set up instead of just getting frustrated and dial up blitzes that only get the defense in more trouble...
Turn overs and tackling...the ball will be on the ground guaranteed at least once in this game, punch that **** out and get it back for the offense....
MAKE your tackles or at least roll that **** until your help arrives which also is crucial we swarm and don't spectate
Never try and arm especially in this game as the field conditions will make you slip even more...remember your fundamentals and get low

BOTH offense and defensive lines its crucial the need to get low to knock the other linemen back and get'em to start to slip and lose power ( always fundamental to get low but in a snow game it's a hell of an advantage that in normal conditions you can recover from but in snow you'll get blown up)

Back
Top Bottom