Totally new concept! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Totally new concept!

The game plan should be simpler than you'd normally think here....

Offense needs to settle down and set up the big plays instead of trying to hit homeruns 24-7.
Weather will dictate run or pass options but you know they will try and copy the last 2 teams and play in that middle zone so Tua needs to make the right reads and check down if it's not there instead of trying to hit a guy 20 yards downfield who's not open.
Speaking of which McD needs to have that option available to him as a simple check down to HB or an actual screen pass can pop for big gains in snow games if footing is bad.
McD needs to have a decent amount of cutback runs in his toolset because if it's snowing it's a great advantage against a defense like Buffalo's that tends to over pursue at times.
If it sounds like a ball control offense it's because it is.

Defense needs to expect Allen is going to run ....a lot...spy him or pay the price
Boyer needs to stop trying to outsmart himself and when things aren't going right he needs to THINK and see the set up instead of just getting frustrated and dial up blitzes that only get the defense in more trouble...
Turn overs and tackling...the ball will be on the ground guaranteed at least once in this game, punch that **** out and get it back for the offense....
MAKE your tackles or at least roll that **** until your help arrives which also is crucial we swarm and don't spectate
Never try and arm especially in this game as the field conditions will make you slip even more...remember your fundamentals and get low

BOTH offense and defensive lines its crucial the need to get low to knock the other linemen back and get'em to start to slip and lose power ( always fundamental to get low but in a snow game it's a hell of an advantage that in normal conditions you can recover from but in snow you'll get blown up)
I gave up "bolding" the parts I like, because I like it all - LOL

Totally new concept.

Let's talk about this week's upcoming game and how we are going to win.

I'll start.

Offense:
MM needs to have a better game plan with a much "busier" running game.
Tua needs to revert to the Tua of 3 weeks ago.
Offensive line needs to work well as a group to open holes for our running backs.
Receivers need to drink more, or possibly less coffee so they can hold onto the ball. (Bet you hadn't considered that - LOL
Overall, just keep moving the ball on prolonged (or even short) drives that end up in points scored. I want to see 3 to 10 points scored each quarter. Keep the pressure on their defense.

To the entire Dolphins team - STOP THE SENSELESS PENALTIES

OK, you guys can go ahead and fill in the blanks with what we need to do, not bellyache about players not meeting your particular expectations, but what they need to do to meet those expectations.

Tua needs to prove he can play in adverse conditions.

I completely agree with you. Yet it still feels like bizarro world that we're asking for this, after 20+ years of what seems like nothing but check downs, screens and the running game.
You’re right. Key is balance though.

With regard to the running game, Miami runs better out of shotgun, which is unsurprising given the threat of the pass. I never thought I'd say McDaniel should pay attention to what Zac Taylor is doing, but Cincinnati is doing a good job with its running game - almost exclusively out of shotgun, and just about all of it would translate to Miami.

Is it me, or do we look like we don't have any energy? These last couple of games our offense looks flat like our get up and go, got up and went. All the adjustments in the world won't mean diddly if we don't match their intensity and play with a WILL to win.

That said, I would like to see us get the ball into our playmaker's hands quicker to take pressure off the OL. If this ends up being the plan, Hill and Waddle are strong as hell for their size, but they need to play smart and not take unnecessary hits.

Of course, I want to win, but if we don't I want to see a highly competitive Dolphin effort. Losing games late in the 4th qtr with a chance to win isn't fun, but it is easier for me to take if we at least had a chance to win. Definitely not going to be happy if we come out flat and get our asses handed to us like Allen and the Bills are capable of doing. Am I worried we will see the same effort from our offense that we saw these last two games when we lost? Yup.

Last edited:
Expect Barfalo to clog the middle, look to stop the run first then drop to the middle zone. Go to the flag, short outside throws with a TE and WR blocking and try to spring one. The makes the LB's react more laterally and not so much vertically. When you run the motion stack with 2 WR's take the top route to the flag, or break the inside route out on a double move, especially if the try to play inside leverage. Once established run a screen to the opposite side after play fake. Run the ball some. Score early and often.
Defense has to stop the run and punish WR's after catches, and stop Allen from the scramble. That's all, but it's a lot to ask.

Yeah, it has to be offense, the defense although the Charger game was not on them, they’ve done nothing this year to inspire me to believe in them. Allen is gonna rip them a new asshole Saturday night. Offense has to score 38 to 40 here

Agree, but I was reminding some here the D has been on the field ~80/plays/gm. It's asking too much for them to do it 3 games in a row and against a top team. agree, the O has to put up pts. Miami's 1st 2 drives will tell me a lot

As always, Ray is Right. Here is my 2 Cents:

Offense:
Pound the rock (with Wilson if he is healthy) and do not abandon it under any circumstance.
Start Tua off with short dump offs to get his rhythm in sync. Buffalo will try to take away the middle of the field anyway, so a quick 5 yard pass is fine.
Go Hurry Up offense as much as possible especially in the 3rd - 4rth quarters.
Get Waddle some easy early catches.
Reacquaint ourselves with our TE, his name is Gesicki.

Defense:

Play "mean" football. Not dirty, but I want some very hard hits whenever legally possible. Nothing soft!
X must somehow get an int.
More Sieler off the edge.
2+ turnovers

I'll add one more to O. SUSTAIN DRIVES even if it results in no pts. This D won't last if the O has many 3 and outs

Is it me, or do we look like we don't have any energy? These last couple of games our offense looks flat like our get up and go, got up and went. All the adjustments in the world won't mean diddly if we don't match their intensity and play with a WILL to win.

That said, I would like to see us get the ball into our playmaker's hands quicker to take pressure off the OL. If this ends up being the plan, Hill and Waddle are strong as hell for their size, but they need to play smart and not take unnecessary hits.

Of course, I want to win, but if we don't I want to see a highly competitive Dolphin effort. Losing games late in the 4th qtr with a chance to win isn't fun, but it is easier for me to take if we at least had a chance to win. Definitely not going to be happy if we come out flat and get our asses handed to us like Allen and the Bills are capable of doing. Am I worried we will see the same effort from our offense that we saw these last two games when we lost? Yup.

It didn't seem so much lack of energy an out of sync. This game will be W/L by Mcd

With regard to the running game, Miami runs better out of shotgun, which is unsurprising given the threat of the pass. I never thought I'd say McDaniel should pay attention to what Zac Taylor is doing, but Cincinnati is doing a good job with its running game - almost exclusively out of shotgun, and just about all of it would translate to Miami.
Glad you brought up Cincinnati. They've righted their ship. Very diversified offense and a steady defense.

It didn't seem so much lack of energy an out of sync. This game will be W/L by Mcd

McDaniel definitely needs to look in the mirror and if we are going to turn things around, it is going to have to start with him. In the end, it's on the players to bring it and make plays, but if they are confused and can't execute the offense then we are going to get what we have gotten the last couple of games. With a short week, I suspect it's going to be tough to introduce anything major. We also don't have Wilson Jr., so unless Mostert can get it going running through some outside gaps we really don't have anyone else physical enough to pound it out if Tua, Hill, and Waddle can't get our passing game going.

Back
Top Bottom