Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Wow. Bills curbstomped the Pats in the playoffs. After watching that gameplan and Allen's mastery of it, it's tough to not want Daboll and Dorsey down here. What were your thoughts fresh off watching that beatdown last night regarding the offensive scheme and how it painted Daboll knowing he's interviewing for HC today?

Would love for him to be the hire. The patience they've had developing Allen over the last four years is EXACTLY what needs to happen for Tua. I'm totally DISGUSTED with the impatience Flores had... with not only Tua but with O'Shea who got a rag-tag offense to average nearly 26 ppg over the second half of Year 1 in a rebuild. That firing was my first clue that Flores was an impatient, arrogant dumbschite. And, btw, Allen's numbers his first two years look quite comparable to Tua's. Year 3 when they gave him Diggs (last year) was the breakout year. 2022! Go Phins!

We were intrigued by Flores when he was the patriots defensive coordinator also . I mean I wouldn't be mad if we got him . He would probly be my 3rd or 4th choice.

I keep seeing people say get Daboll and he can bring Dorsey with him. That sounds great but if Dorsey is any good I'd have to think McDermott is going to offer him the OC and try to keep him. I mean he may not want to stay but there is not guarantee he comes with Daboll.

Let’s face it, most of every candidate is a downgrade at HC. In spite of everything souring near the end, he came out with two winning seasons and enough experience to get a lot of respect. Based on credibility alone, Flores has an edge over that. We are looking for a HC material, and are just asking for another Cam Cameron.

Its easy to be in love with an OC fresh off a beatdown of the Pats, but they have a QB that can throw darts with minimal effort and easily break off 25 yard runs without sliding. The Dolphins have a weak arm QB that isnt a threat to run. I suppose he can craft an offense around him, but as we have all pointed out, we need a new OL, RB, and WR for Tua to be successful. Wont matter what scheme he installs. It doesnt work that way.

That said, this is exaclty the kind of reaction we would expect the Dolphins leadership to have. Bring in a guy off a hot game, off the hot team, who coached your QB when he was in college and have him make our QB like the one he had previously. This just makes so much sense and its the most likely scenario.

Im still baffled we havent considered Pederson, at least publicly.

Its easy to be in love with an OC fresh off a beatdown of the Pats, but they have a QB that can throw darts with minimal effort and easily break off 25 yard runs without sliding. The Dolphins have a weak arm QB that isnt a threat to run. I suppose he can craft an offense around him, but as we have all pointed out, we need a new OL, RB, and WR for Tua to be successful. Wont matter what scheme he installs. It doesnt work that way.

That said, this is exaclty the kind of reaction we would expect the Dolphins leadership to have. Bring in a guy off a hot game, off the hot team, who coached your QB when he was in college and have him make our QB like the one he had previously. This just makes so much sense and its the most likely scenario.

Im still baffled we havent considered Pederson, at least publicly.
The interview was requested before last night's game and Daboll is interviewing with other teams as well and not because of last night.

The interview was requested before last night's game and Daboll is interviewing with other teams as well and not because of last night.
Do you think there is a chance now that he crushed the Patriots that he has elevated his stock? We beat the Patriots twice this year, with this poor OL, no RB, and no offensive playmakers outside of Waddle. My point is lets not overreact as usual.

Back
Top Bottom