Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE

Sure we may want him, but will be pick us? That's the problem.

Roster is in decent shape but this owner is a clown and the gm has been OK. Very political situation.

If the Raiders or Jags want him you think he's picking us? He won't. This is how bad Ross is.

Roster is in decent shape but this owner is a clown and the gm has been OK. Very political situation.

If the Raiders or Jags want him you think he's picking us? He won't. This is how bad Ross is.
Yeah he would pick us. This is a playoff ready roster looking up with a ton of cap space a a lot of future draft picks.

Do you think there is a chance now that he crushed the Patriots that he has elevated his stock? We beat the Patriots twice this year, with this poor OL, no RB, and no offensive playmakers outside of Waddle. My point is lets not overreact as usual.
Flores interview with the Dolphins was before the SB and yes they waited until the game was over to hire him officially but that game was not the reason he was hired is what I'm saying.

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Should be interesting. That was an absolute beat down.
That could have been Miami on the end of that stick...Kind of make you appreciate the Jags/Raider loss last season. Losing like that is NEVER fun to watch.

I keep seeing people say get Daboll and he can bring Dorsey with him. That sounds great but if Dorsey is any good I'd have to think McDermott is going to offer him the OC and try to keep him. I mean he may not want to stay but there is not guarantee he comes with Daboll.
Wow. Bills curbstomped the Pats in the playoffs. After watching that gameplan and Allen's mastery of it, it's tough to not want Daboll and Dorsey down here. What were your thoughts fresh off watching that beatdown last night regarding the offensive scheme and how it painted Daboll knowing he's interviewing for HC today?
Would Dorsey leave a like OC position with Buffalo and Allen for Miami?
Also was it Daboll last night or Allen was ridiculous?
I’m not against Daboll but some questions

Sure. He just won't start work obviously until the Buff season is over.
They cannot be hired before their season officially ends because they are still under contract with their team. An agreement can be in place though.

Yea I know but I'm talking technically.
Yep. Kinda iffy as we could offer a deal to him or someone else and they could change their mind leaving us hanging. I hope not but that type of thing can happen.

Daboll has been an offensive coordinator for 8 seasons. In 6 of the years he oversaw offensives that were bottom or near the bottom pack in points and yards. The last two years he has overseen offenses that were top 5 in each.

2009-10 Cleveland: Impossible situation. Eric Mangini was the coach. Games started primarily by Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy, and Seneca Wallace. 2010 was the Peyton Hillis pro bowl year if you remember. Absolutely no passing game. They managed some semblance of a running game. Bottom 3 offenses in both yards and points.

2011 Dolphins: Impossible situation. Tony Sparano fired midseason. If people remember Henne was actually passable as a QB before he got injured, it was just overshadow by the 0-4 start. Reggie Bush puts up the best numbers of his career, over 1k yards on 5 ypc. Team is sacked a ridiculous 52 times. Also, this is the Marc Colombo year. Offense finishes 22 and 20 in yards and points.

2012 Chiefs: Impossible situation. Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell at QB. Romeo Crennell fired after 1 season. Jamaal Charles puts up 1500 yards on the ground. 32nd in points. 24th in yards. Nothing more to say just a disaster.

2018-21 Bills: Basically only time since Cleveland he's been given multiple years in the NFL. Started out as a bottom of the pack offense, but now they developed into one of the best in the league. First time in his career he's gotten positive QB play (you can look at this as either a positive or a negative IMO). Not going to discuss too much since it is recent history.

Conclusion: He was considered a low level coordinator until Josh Allen's emergence. Always took the worst job available because he wanted to stay as a coordinator and his success was reflective of the talent. Oversaw some bad QB play, but also oversaw some QB play that exceeded their talent (Henne and Moore). Not my first choice that is for sure.

Daboll has been an offensive coordinator for 8 seasons. In 6 of the years he oversaw offensives that were bottom or near the bottom pack in points and yards. The last two years he has overseen offenses that were top 5 in each.

2009-10 Cleveland: Impossible situation. Eric Mangini was the coach. Games started primarily by Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy, and Seneca Wallace. 2010 was the Peyton Hillis pro bowl year if you remember. Absolutely no passing game. They managed some semblance of a running game. Bottom 3 offenses in both yards and points.

2011 Dolphins: Impossible situation. Tony Sparano fired midseason. If people remember Henne was actually passable as a QB before he got injured, it was just overshadow by the 0-4 start. Reggie Bush puts up the best numbers of his career, over 1k yards on 5 ypc. Team is sacked a ridiculous 52 times. Also, this is the Marc Colombo year. Offense finishes 22 and 20 in yards and points.

2012 Chiefs: Impossible situation. Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell at QB. Romeo Crennell fired after 1 season. Jamaal Charles puts up 1500 yards on the ground. 32nd in points. 24th in yards. Nothing more to say just a disaster.

2018-21 Bills: Basically only time since Cleveland he's been given multiple years in the NFL. Started out as a bottom of the pack offense, but now they developed into one of the best in the league. First time in his career he's gotten positive QB play (you can look at this as either a positive or a negative IMO). Not going to discuss too much since it is recent history.

Conclusion: He was considered a low level coordinator until Josh Allen's emergence. Always took the worst job available because he wanted to stay as a coordinator and his success was reflective of the talent. Oversaw some bad QB play, but also oversaw some QB play that exceeded their talent (Henne and Moore). Not my first choice that is for sure.
It’s almost as if having good talent on the offensive side of the balls means the OC can succeed. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom