Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE

We were intrigued by Flores when he was the patriots defensive coordinator also . I mean I wouldn't be mad if we got him . He would probly be my 3rd or 4th choice.
I never was. I never wanted any Patriot assistants or front office people. Name one who has had success anywhere else?

I never was. I never wanted any Patriot assistants or front office people. Name one who has had success anywhere else?
Flores wouldn't have been my choice at all , but that's how the Dolphins organization saw it when they hired him.

I live in NY and see the Bills on TV every week. That assessment of Allen is far from reality. Allen is terrible at processing reads quickly. In his first 2 seasons, when the Bills asked him to play hero ball, he made some of the most hilariously bone-headed choices. His accuracy was all over the place. They brought in Diggs and fixed their OL and now he can show off his elite physical traits. He has all day to sit behind his OL and let his WR get open. Tua may never be elite, but get him a top 5 WR and give him 4 seconds to throw every play and he will certainly win us some games.
Dude... Like every GM on the planet would take Allen 10 times over before even looking at Tua -- regardless of where you live or what team you support. There is literally ZERO comparison (in straight up athletic competitive terms) between Allen and Tua. If it was a fight it would be a"no-contest!" Oh yeah, and Allen pretty much destroyed the Cheats last night -- playing a near perfect game in less that ideal conditions. Can you imagine Tua trying to function in that weather after what he dished out in TN?

Folks need to get a grip and come to sanity. Allen is positioned to be the dominant dog in the AFCE for many, many years. He's a monster to compete against. And I don't think we're competitive at the position with Tua on point. But we'll see...

The Bills also have the top ranked defense in the league. So perhaps Ross should just trade for the entire Bills coaching staff. The Bills have rebuild their team the right way with an excellent coaching staff.
The Dolphins need to trade for their GM Brandon Beane and sh*t can Chris Grier.

Hi,AA vIf Daboll had been the Dolphins OC this past season, I doubt they would be interviewing him to be the head coach. It’s hard to have success on offense when you have the worst OL and one of the worst running games in the entire league. Also Waddle was the only reliable WR on the roster.

With their lack of talent, Daboll would not have had anymore success as the OC than they had with the Dolphins OC’s. The Bills offense is effective because they have an excellent OL, quality skill position players and Allen has developed into a solid starting QB who can run and pass.

The poster title is interesting..Can't you say "It's tough not to want coach FLORES after sweeping the Patriots?"

Hi,AA vIf Daboll had been the Dolphins OC this past season, I doubt they would be interviewing him to be the head coach. It’s hard to have success on offense when you have the worst OL and one of the worst running games in the entire league. Also Waddle was the only reliable WR on the roster.

With their lack of talent, Daboll would not have had anymore success as the OC than they had with the Dolphins OC’s. The Bills offense is effective because they have an excellent OL, quality skill position players and Allen has developed into a solid starting QB who can run and pass.

Some think that success is inspite of "a good OL", "some decent skillsets"

You actually a certain level of talent and coaching up to have success in the NFL.

The good thing about Daboll unlike other first time candidates is that he has been around and has tons of experience. He's been coaching in the NFL for almost 20 years. Of course that brings up another question as to why hasn't he been a HC before and has he only gotten this because he's linked with a top tier QB?
Two reasons in my opinion. The first one, you hit on. He's been saddled with horrible QBs in just about every place he has been at. I actually think he has gotten more out of what he's had to work with talent wise, but because where his offense's ranked league wide, it appears like his offense was not successful. The other reason is his appearance. I think because he looks like your average Joe working at the local factory, it probably has held him back in the mind of NFL executives.

I live in NY and see the Bills on TV every week. That assessment of Allen is far from reality. Allen is terrible at processing reads quickly. In his first 2 seasons, when the Bills asked him to play hero ball, he made some of the most hilariously bone-headed choices. His accuracy was all over the place. They brought in Diggs and fixed their OL and now he can show off his elite physical traits. He has all day to sit behind his OL and let his WR get open. Tua may never be elite, but get him a top 5 WR and give him 4 seconds to throw every play and he will certainly win us some games.
100% correct.

And sweeping the Pats may be Flores's selling point to some team.

It's a huge accomplishment to be able to have an edge against Bellicheat. Ofcourse the Pats aren't what they use to be so there's that. But not being able to win some games against the Bills after multiple tries is a BIG red flag. They're a strong SB contender and they're likely going to be competitive for many years.

Back
Top Bottom