Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE

Key Dorsey is not likely coming with Daboll. The rumor mill suggests he's the Bills planned successor. He has no prior relationship to Daboll before the Bills, but has a relationship with the Bills head coach and GM.

Would love for him to be the hire. The patience they've had developing Allen over the last four years is EXACTLY what needs to happen for Tua. I'm totally DISGUSTED with the impatience Flores had... with not only Tua but with O'Shea who got a rag-tag offense to average nearly 26 ppg over the second half of Year 1 in a rebuild. That firing was my first clue that Flores was an impatient, arrogant dumbschite. And, btw, Allen's numbers his first two years look quite comparable to Tua's. Year 3 when they gave him Diggs (last year) was the breakout year. 2022! Go Phins!
Agreed, I never understood letting O’Shea go.

It's a huge accomplishment to be able to have an edge against Bellicheat. Ofcourse the Pats aren't what they use to be so there's that. But not being able to win some games against the Bills after multiple tries is a BIG red flag. They're a strong SB contender and they're likely going to be competitive for many years.
You hit the correct point there…the Pats aren’t what they used to be. Flores beat Cam Newton twice and Mac Jones twice. We’re not talking about sweeping the Tom Brady Patriots.

Daboll's lack of success prior to the Bills is concerning. But in all fairness, his running game seemed successful wherever he went as an OC, up until this year in Buffalo. I'd be a bit uneasy about him, especially if Dorsey doesn't come along. Daboll's connections to Tua are a positive, but not guaranteed to bring success.

I think Dan Quinn would be a better choice at this point, because he brings his defensive expertise, which, as we all know, is Miami's strength at the moment. As a former HC, he just might understand how to manage both sides of the ball.

But with that being said, Quinn ultimately needs to bring in a staff that can get the best out of the offense and Tua, which is not guaranteed. Scary times in Miami for sure. Neither Daboll or Quinn are great choices, just that one may be the lesser of the two evils.

That is sarcasm right? Flores is average at best, his record proves that. He's very bad at building a staff, not a good gameday manager, and has never been able to get the offense going. Other than that yeah I cab see your point. ;)

So out of all the people are available, which one of them is a superior candidate and what to do they have to show for it?

I live in NY and see the Bills on TV every week. That assessment of Allen is far from reality. Allen is terrible at processing reads quickly. In his first 2 seasons, when the Bills asked him to play hero ball, he made some of the most hilariously bone-headed choices. His accuracy was all over the place. They brought in Diggs and fixed their OL and now he can show off his elite physical traits. He has all day to sit behind his OL and let his WR get open. Tua may never be elite, but get him a top 5 WR and give him 4 seconds to throw every play and he will certainly win us some games.
That's not 100% accurate either as to what "fixed" him. Allen had discernible issues with his mechanics but when a kid is that athletic and more importantly has that arm it's worth taking a shot. They adjusted his mechanics and now he is one of the more dangerous weapons in the NFL. That is an apples to oranges comparison with Tua as he doesn't have the arm strength or that level of athleticism. So get Tua an OL and more weapons and our East/West offense will be better but hoping that doing so is the difference between current Tua and current Allen is fruitless.

You hit the correct point there…the Pats aren’t what they used to be. Flores beat Cam Newton twice and Mac Jones twice. We’re not talking about sweeping the Tom Brady Patriots.
He did beat the Patriots with Brady in Foxboro and cost them a bye. Jus sayin

He did beat the Patriots with Brady in Foxboro and cost them a bye. Jus sayin
Actually you’re right. I forgot we lost to Cam Newton in the opener last year and beat Brady in the 2019 finale. Thanks.

Daboll's lack of success prior to the Bills is concerning. But in all fairness, his running game seemed successful wherever he went as an OC, up until this year in Buffalo. I'd be a bit uneasy about him, especially if Dorsey doesn't come along. Daboll's connections to Tua are a positive, but not guaranteed to bring success.

I think Dan Quinn would be a better choice at this point, because he brings his defensive expertise, which, as we all know, is Miami's strength at the moment. As a former HC, he just might understand how to manage both sides of the ball.

But with that being said, Quinn ultimately needs to bring in a staff that can get the best out of the offense and Tua, which is not guaranteed. Scary times in Miami for sure. Neither Daboll or Quinn are great choices, just that one may be the lesser of the two evils.

Do we really need or want to bring I someone who’s expertise is our strength? De we need a “might” understand how to manage both sides of the ball?

We desperately needs someone that can help elevate this offense.

Back
Top Bottom