Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE

So out of all the people are available, which one of them is a superior candidate and what to do they have to show for it?

At this point everything is a downgrade because there is too much unknown.

Everyone points to flores record but everyone wants to forget his first year in miami was a tank/rebuild year. That year shouldnt even count as he came into a team gutted and with zero expectations to win.

His last two seasons he was 19-14! What an average record… yea we missed the playoffs and he soured relationships but he had us winning.

My concern with Daboll is what his staff would look like. With a first time head coach, I think the main goal is to get someone on staff with head coaching experience. The only guys I know of that Daboll has connections to who fits that is David Culley, Bill O’Brien, Mike Nolan, and Matt Patricia. Not a great list there. I have the same concern with McDaniel.
Maybe Daboll can hire Jim Caldwell as an assistant HC and hopefully he doesn’t go on medical leave this time around.

At this point everything is a downgrade because there is too much unknown.

Everyone points to flores record but everyone wants to forget his first year in miami was a tank/rebuild year. That year shouldnt even count as he came into a team gutted and with zero expectations to win.

His last two seasons he was 19-14! What an average record… yea we missed the playoffs and he soured relationships but he had us winning.
Exactly. 5 wins with that roster was a miracle. Remember when every outlet thought they were losing on purpose because the team was so bad?

Key Dorsey is not likely coming with Daboll. The rumor mill suggests he's the Bills planned successor. He has no prior relationship to Daboll before the Bills, but has a relationship with the Bills head coach and GM.
If Dorsey doesn’t come to dolphins hopefully he goes to Canes and still hurt the Bills.

I immediately checked Daboll's background after that win. He definitely has a lot going for him. Worked on the defensive side of the ball early on with New England, was Miami's offensive coordinator in 2011 under Sparano (I don't remember him honestly), coached for Nick Saban and has connections with Tua. Given a lot of credit for developing Allen in Buffalo. Has been with a lot of teams so he could have connections and ties to a lot of assistant coaches. Buffalo's offense has been up and down this year, honestly, but that's kind of the nature of the NFL.

He could be a perfect fit for Tua.

In baseball, teams always go to a player's coach after the disciplinarian. I assume we will be going with a player's type guy. Daboll fits in that regard. You know, we always end up with a guy who is either nuts or has zero personality or both. The last guy I can remember that had any sort of personality was Tony Sparano. Philbin was blah. Camerson blah. Gase crazy. Flores a-hole. Don't know if Daboll has any personality, but what I have reading, Hackett does. I know football is a tough business but after what the team and us fans have been thru, let's make this fun again. Tomlin's press conferences are great. Guess that goes with winning but there's never any personality to our HC.

Would love for him to be the hire. The patience they've had developing Allen over the last four years is EXACTLY what needs to happen for Tua. I'm totally DISGUSTED with the impatience Flores had... with not only Tua but with O'Shea who got a rag-tag offense to average nearly 26 ppg over the second half of Year 1 in a rebuild. That firing was my first clue that Flores was an impatient, arrogant dumbschite. And, btw, Allen's numbers his first two years look quite comparable to Tua's. Year 3 when they gave him Diggs (last year) was the breakout year. 2022! Go Phins!
Insightful. Preach on.

Wow. Bills curbstomped the Pats in the playoffs. After watching that gameplan and Allen's mastery of it, it's tough to not want Daboll and Dorsey down here. What were your thoughts fresh off watching that beatdown last night regarding the offensive scheme and how it painted Daboll knowing he's interviewing for HC today?

To me, the fact there's an interview says something about the relationship with Grier

You hit the correct point there…the Pats aren’t what they used to be. Flores beat Cam Newton twice and Mac Jones twice. We’re not talking about sweeping the Tom Brady Patriots.

Also let not try and down play their/his/Flos success either when it comes to the Pats. That same team has been a pain in the a$$ for the Bills too.

Also let not try and down play their/his/Flos success either when it comes to the Pats. That same team has been a pain in the a$$ for the Bills too.
Nothing to downplay. The fact is that Patriots without Brady are not the Patriots with Brady. I think we can all accept that. And even saying that, the Dolphins generally have had some success with frustrating Brady and beating the Patriots (before Flores).

The patience they've had developing Allen over the last four years is EXACTLY what needs to happen for Tua. I'm totally DISGUSTED with the impatience Flores had... with not only Tua but with O'Shea who got a rag-tag offense to average nearly 26 ppg over the second half of Year 1 in a rebuild. That firing was my first clue that Flores was an impatient, arrogant dumbschite. And, btw, Allen's numbers his first two years look quite comparable to Tua's. Year 3 when they gave him Diggs (last year) was the breakout year. 2022! Go Phins!
I wonder how long it's been since Miami scored 7 TDs on 7 consecutive drives, if ever? How about 6? 5? Just 4? Watching that Bills offense last night made me realize just how pathetic Miami's offense really is! I'm sure that Tua will improve in a better offense with a better supporting cast, but he just doesn't have the size and physical ability that Allen does.

The League's rule changes always favor the downfield passing game because fans want to see big plays and lots of TDs, and the top teams have the capability of scoring quickly and scoring a lot of points. I don't want the next HC to build an offense to suit Tua; I want them to build an explosive, high-scoring offense that can do what Buffalo did. I know that Tua will never be able to break tackles like Allen, but he can still run the ball, and roll out and throw downfield whether it's scripted or due to protection breaking down. Then, if Tua can lead a high-scoring offense, great. If he's not a big play type of QB and needs to be in a quick short pass offense like they've been running, then find a new QB.

Back
Top Bottom