Tour De France winner Landis tests positive for drugs according to his team. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tour De France winner Landis tests positive for drugs according to his team.

Landis cheated....end of story. :shakeno:

Landis is innocent, watch the video on espn.com. the expert makes good points, if he took 8 tests before the tour, 4 during the tour and 3 after the tour. he came out clean on all but one of them than how all of the sudden does his level get that high? It has to be a false test. also the office that tested him leaked the information of the positive test. they are guilty of leaking information

here's my source http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5851904
"I was tested eight times at the Tour de France, four times before that stage and three times after, including three blood tests.

"Only one came back positive. Nobody in their right mind would take testosterone just once. It doesn't work that way."

nick1 said:
Landis is innocent, watch the video on espn.com. the expert makes good points, if he took 8 tests before the tour, 4 during the tour and 3 after the tour. he came out clean on all but one of them than how all of the sudden does his level get that high? It has to be a false test. also the office that tested him leaked the information of the positive test. they are guilty of leaking information

here's my source http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5851904

I read that too, but no one will care if the story of one positive test sounds suspicious (and even ridiculous to assume a rider to take testosterone only one day) if Landis and his lawyers cannot prove it was tampered with.

If there is no proof of tampering (really the only realistic possibility now) or a viable explanation as to how such a result could occur naturally (this is near impossible because of the test showing there was too much synthetic testosterone), Landis will still lose his title and be banned for up to 4 years, effectively ending his career.

So, while doping for one day only doesn't make sense, showing tampering occurred is going to be difficult even if that actually occurred.

Lloyd Christmas said:
IF he had an ounce of intelligence, he wouldn't have had twelve different excuses by now as to why. That's why I don't believe him.

This is actually defensible, since many of those excuses were made up by his lawyers. Also, given nearly no time to review the evidence himself, he decided to speculate as to what could have happened. It's not improbable that an innocent person would do the same.

The problem is the evidence is stacked against him, and if tampering occurred, it'll be real hard to prove it.

ckb2001 said:
I read that too, but no one will care if the story of one positive test sounds suspicious (and even ridiculous to assume a rider to take testosterone only one day) if Landis and his lawyers cannot prove it was tampered with.

If there is no proof of tampering (really the only realistic possibility now) or a viable explanation as to how such a result could occur naturally (this is near impossible because of the test showing there was too much synthetic testosterone), Landis will still lose his title and be banned for up to 4 years, effectively ending his career.

So, while doping for one day only doesn't make sense, showing tampering occurred is going to be difficult even if that actually occurred.
I would beleive 100% that Landis was innocent if he didn't take two tests that came up positive just recently. Don't get me wrong I beleive he is innocent but I have some doubts. why would somebody want to tamper with his results?

nick1 said:
I would beleive 100% that Landis was innocent if he didn't take two tests that came up positive just recently. Don't get me wrong I beleive he is innocent but I have some doubts. why would somebody want to tamper with his results?

Technically, he only took one test that came up positive.. They just separate the sample into two to guard specifically from tampering (clearly, in any competition there are motivations for doing this if one can get away with it). They also take extra precaution not to let the samples out of sight for even a few seconds because of this risk. Otherwise, one could just do multiple tests on the same sample.

ckb2001 said:
Technically, he only took one test that came up positive.. They just separate the sample into two to guard specifically from tampering (clearly, in any competition there are motivations for doing this if one can get away with it). They also take extra precaution not to let the samples out of sight for even a few seconds because of this risk. Otherwise, one could just do multiple tests on the same sample.
true, you beleive he's innocent?

nick1 said:
true, you beleive he's innocent?

I'll go with whatever the final decision is, since there's no way I can know better. There are two things that bother me making an argument for both sides:

1) Landis has a history of keeping things secret to himself (his hip was one big example), but

2) taking testosterone just one day really doesn't make sense either.

Well, I don't know, so I'll accept whatever the verdict is...

Leno grills Landis on Tonight Show

Jay Leno didn't let Floyd Landis off easy, and the embattled Tour de France champion responded with yet another theory as to why he flunked a drug test.

Questioned by the Tonight Show host Tuesday, Landis said he may have unknowingly ingested something that made him test positive for a high testosterone ratio.

"I see you on these shows and I do want to believe you and evidence seems -- I don't know if it's overwhelming -- but it seems pretty conclusive, right?" Leno said.

Landis said yes, if one goes by the tests, and Leno shot back, 'Why should we not go by the tests? Tell me why.'"

Landis responded that there were several possibilities, saying, "The tests and the people doing the tests would like you to believe that the only possibility is that I essentially took some drugs and that's why the test is that way."

He offered still another new theory: "Now there's also the possibility, and it's an argument that has been used by other people. At this point, I don't know if it's somehow or some way I ingested something that caused the tests to be that way."

Landis went on to repeat some possibilities he and his defense team had floated earlier, that there was some type of natural occurrence in his body that caused the positive tests.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/more/08/08/landis.leno.ap/index.html

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
Leno grills Landis on Tonight Show

Jay Leno didn't let Floyd Landis off easy, and the embattled Tour de France champion responded with yet another theory as to why he flunked a drug test.

Questioned by the Tonight Show host Tuesday, Landis said he may have unknowingly ingested something that made him test positive for a high testosterone ratio.

"I see you on these shows and I do want to believe you and evidence seems -- I don't know if it's overwhelming -- but it seems pretty conclusive, right?" Leno said.

Landis said yes, if one goes by the tests, and Leno shot back, 'Why should we not go by the tests? Tell me why.'"

Landis responded that there were several possibilities, saying, "The tests and the people doing the tests would like you to believe that the only possibility is that I essentially took some drugs and that's why the test is that way."

He offered still another new theory: "Now there's also the possibility, and it's an argument that has been used by other people. At this point, I don't know if it's somehow or some way I ingested something that caused the tests to be that way."

Landis went on to repeat some possibilities he and his defense team had floated earlier, that there was some type of natural occurrence in his body that caused the positive tests.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/more/08/08/landis.leno.ap/index.html
thats a bad excuse for him to offer, the media will jump all over that

Man I think Floyd was framed. There I said it.

It looks really bad for him now, he might as well admit it.

He failed on both samples and his lawyer was present when they unsealed the B sample wasnt he? The framed story is nice and all but I dont buy it.

Back
Top Bottom