Trade Alonso This Offseason? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Alonso This Offseason?

Kiko flashes. Worth keeping. Can't have 100% production from 100% of the team 100% of the time. A few weeks ago I recall a stat he was top 5-10 in tackles across the league. Leave him be.

who replaces him? that's the bigger question. he is our best lb, with baker 2nd. we need lbs

Any GM that gives us a pick for Alonso is terribly desperate or terribly stupid. Yes, trade him if anyone makes an offer.

What a non-sense post and statement.
Once again this proves the hate the guy continues to get on this board.

Without even trying hard he's been the most productive LB we've had since ZT.

Name one other player on defense outside of "X" that has made more plays/generated more T/Os?

I dare you to name 5 LBs in the entire NFL with more T/Os than Alonso?

Last edited:
I say we keep him for anything less than a 2nd round pick.

My biggest problem with trading players for picks is that this regime has shown that they cant draft well... Or at least they cant draft linebackers well... Or defensive ends...

If there is a new GM, I say trade him. If not, keep him.

Kiko can kick rocks...

His contract is for a player playing for a team that was supposed to be good enough to make noise in the playoffs. Presently, we are a 7-9 team on our best day. Give him his walking papers and draft an LB.

Kiko is garbage, just because our other LBers are garbage doesn't make him a pro bowler. Routinely lost on pass coverage, horrible angles to ball carriers, can't fill his gaps properly but a couple of lucky turnovers gift wrapped for him and people think he's awesome.

The only LBer on our roster worth keeping is Baker (the rookie) and maybe McMillian but hes been garbage too.

His cap number is almost $10M which is probably too much for what he gives us. Also moving forward you’d like to get as many snaps for Baker and Raekwon as you can. I doubt we get better than a 5th for the guy, but I would still do that.

What a non-sense post and statement.
Once again this proves the hate the guy continues to get on this board.

Without even trying hard he's been the most productive LB we've had since ZT.

Name one other player on defense outside of "X" that has made more plays/generated more T/Os?

I dare you to name 5 LBs in the entire NFL with more T/Os than Alonso?

I like Kiko and always have going back to his outstanding rookie season with Buffalo. He gives his all on damned near every play and is very smart. However, I think injuries have taken away the speed that helped make him special as a rookie, which is a big detriment for a lightly built linebacker (taking away from his ability to recover from mistakes). I do think the team needs to upgrade over Kiko this offseason, but I have no bad things to say about the man and appreciate his effort, hustle, and plays he's made as a Dolphin.

if you want to tank, trade him.. we would be trading a position that where we have nobody else to fill in

Kiko is a bit like McDonald. Inconsistent as hell. Plays great one play, completely lost the next. If someone wants to trade for either, we should do it. Frankly, all of our linebackers are terrible. McMillan is exactly what I thought he would be, a 2 down thumper who can't cover. Baker is still an unknown, and Allen should only ever be a backup. We need a complete linebacker overhaul imo.

You don’t think about moving him unless you have a competent body waiting in the wings.

And you don’t have that right now.

The base next year is 6.5 . . . .which honestly for a veteran with his tackles numbers isn’t an eye sore.

But personally I am all in on getting a stud MIKE in here and having Baker and Kwon flank him, and in that scenario, you can attempt to trade him.

But there is a lot of direct needs on this team, so any attempts to trade or cut would likely come post June 1st.

Nothing before that.

rbs regularly make 30 yards runs on the Ds hardly being touched. i doubt there is much demand for kiko

Back
Top Bottom