Trade Booker or Walker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Booker or Walker

im a booker fan i dont know why he doesnt get the respect he deserves, hes not the best reciver in the nfl but he doesnt have to be to suceed...im expecting a monster year from him with daunte at the helm

Da_Franchise said:
Booker is only 30? Or 31, can't remember, I think his birthday was recent. Either way he could sign with us for a 4-5 year contract and still manage to get a nice contract somewhere else VIA free agency. He still has plenty of years. I expect us to deal him another 3 years and then see what happens in a few. Booker is a great #2, and unless Hagan or Aroma- show off some AMAZING talent this year or next, I don't see Booker going anywhere. However if either do impress, I wouldn't be too surprised to see us a get 4th, maybe a 3rd for Booker. I can't see us getting a 2nd for him though.

He's 30. I expect he'll get a 5 or 6 year deal. I'd call that career-finishing even if it actually works out to what would be in reality a 3 or 4 year deal.

GCD960 said:
If we trade Booker, a strength is no longer. It becomes average at best. Welker is too versatile to me to trade.

I'm with you, Wes Welker is more than just what you see on the field. The guy has leadership and heart. He means a lot to the guys if you've ever heard any of them speak about him, including the coaches.

Trade Booker?! Uh.......no. He is a solid receiver with great hands and compliments Chambers really well. As for Welker, he is too valueable as a WR/returner to be traded, and he also shows a great amount of heart on the field. Wes better watch out though cause he has a few younger guys with better size and speed on the team. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Aromashodu being groomed to take his place in a year or two.

GCD960 said:
If we trade Booker, a strength is no longer. It becomes average at best. Welker is too versatile to me to trade.

if its average at best then y is there sum much discussion on who will be cut, i think if we trade booker nd get hagan sum reps as maybe r number 1 reciever, so he can get used 2 it

What trade our number 2 receiver and the versatile Welker for ... who?!! It makes no sense and the front office are not thinking about trading any one of them. Welker is getting a good amount of playing time in the preseason and finally Booker is back in fold. We have good plans for them this year so why in god's green earth would we want to trade them?

Maybe we can trade a pick to a non contender and get a good Corner? If we can get either a vet or a good young corner for either a 2nd or 3rd rounder that would instanly help our defense.

Or maybe do the same thing to try to improve our o-line?

I think we have a great mix of young players, and RIGHT NOW is our best chance of getting a championship, we are just a few players away from a great football team. 1 corner and 1 o linemen away. If we can upgrade those too spots by wasting a few picks i say do it. We have a few good young players already, **** the draft get a few proven players and lets go for the superbowl!!!!!!!!!

Remember, the chiefs got a great corner in Surtain for only a 2nd round draft pick.

I don't think it would be a good idea to trade either Booker or Welker, and Kelly Campbell won't be making the team either. I'm content with Chambers, Booker, Welker, Hagan, but who's the 5th WR (Aromashodu, Vick, Campbell?) or do we keep 6th? I don't think we *need* to trade for anybody but should definitely keep our eyes and ears open if a good trade comes our way. I'm actually content with our team the way it is now. Also, Lance Schulters is still a Free Agent for a reason and money isn't the only reason.

this post is insane. what we give up booker and then we are weak at wr and all of a sudden we are looking for a good 2nd option for culpepper. This idea dosent make any sense at all, sorry guy.

Miamian said:
This team is obviously deep at WR and needs to shore up DB. Giving up Chambers is heresy, but Booker or Walker should have some trade value. Then we still have one of them left plus Hagan, Aromashodu, Campbell, Gibson, and Vick. And beyond that, we usually keep five, right?

Booker should be primed for a big year as D's start to try and shut down Chambers.

Who do you try and stop if you are a defense:

Chambers, Booker, McMichael, Brown..... :dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom