Trade Booker or Walker | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Booker or Walker

Booker is only 30? Or 31, can't remember, I think his birthday was recent. Either way he could sign with us for a 4-5 year contract and still manage to get a nice contract somewhere else VIA free agency. He still has plenty of years. I expect us to deal him another 3 years and then see what happens in a few. Booker is a great #2, and unless Hagan or Aroma- show off some AMAZING talent this year or next, I don't see Booker going anywhere. However if either do impress, I wouldn't be too surprised to see us a get 4th, maybe a 3rd for Booker. I can't see us getting a 2nd for him though.

I agree. Marty is an underrated player, but I highly doubt we could get a 2nd round pick for him. Look at talent levels of the players that have been traded for 2nd round picks in the last few years:

- Terrell Owens
- Daunte Culpepper
- Patrick Surtain
- A.J. Feeley (ok, that blows the hell out of my theory...lol!)

Ok, I doubt we can get a 2nd round pick for Booker, unless we trade him in the offseason to Minnesota, where our good old friend Rick Spielman calls home. Hell, in that case we might be able to get two 1st round picks, a 2nd and two 3rds...lol.

And let it be known I am NOT in favor of trading him before this season. The only way I'd like to see him traded is if he makes it clear he wants out of Miami and seems destined to leave via free agency or just doesn't perform well (in that case, his trade value won't be worth much).

endorPHINS72 said:
I agree. Marty is an underrated player, but I highly doubt we could get a 2nd round pick for him. Look at talent levels of the players that have been traded for 2nd round picks in the last few years:

- Terrell Owens
- Daunte Culpepper
- Patrick Surtain
- A.J. Feeley (ok, that blows the hell out of my theory...lol!)

Ok, I doubt we can get a 2nd round pick for Booker, unless we trade him in the offseason to Minnesota, where our good old friend Rick Spielman calls home. Hell, in that case we might be able to get two 1st round picks, a 2nd and two 3rds...lol.

You're not considering all the factors here. Marty Booker doesn't have the talent of Owens, but he also doesn't have the baggage and won't command the salary. If the right team has a need and Marty shows enough, I think it can happen.

If a team has hope that Booker still has his Pro Bowl form, Nick can get it done. :)

The depth at WR is not at the top of the chart. Chambers and Booker are 2 very good WRs but I don't think we have another receiver on the roster who is ready to start. We have a lot of receivers who are good 4th or 5th guys but not 1st or 2nd guys.

And there are 2 very good reasons not to trade Welker. #1 as many other people have mentioned he is too versatile the guy even kicked for us for a while lol. #2 we would be lucky to get a 6th or 7th round pick for the guy. I love Welker but I'm not dumb enough to think we could get any kind of value in a trade. There aren't a whole lot of teams going nuts trying to trade for a 5'9" WR. Also at this point in the season if a team wanted to trade a DB for one of our WR it's not going to be anybody better than what we already have.

why trade them.welker is good at returning and booker is a good reciever

Miamian said:
This team is obviously deep at WR and needs to shore up DB. Giving up Chambers is heresy, but Booker or Walker should have some trade value. Then we still have one of them left plus Hagan, Aromashodu, Campbell, Gibson, and Vick. And beyond that, we usually keep five, right?

It's posts like these that make me truly wonder if when people say the VIP section has smarter discussions, they're just blatently lieing.

Saban has said he would like to make Welker the full time returner while spotting a few plays at WR. Saban really is looking for his #3 guy. Hagan/Gibson just might be the ticket. Gibson has to show even more Thursday IMO, then he will get some serious consideration. No way no how do we trade Booker.

Nappy Roots said:
rookie WRs usually dont do great their first year, having 3 on our roster wouldnt be good at all IMO...

Chris Chambers made his way to the #1 position in his rookie season. And Chambers said himself that Hagan is WAY farther ahead of where he was when he entered the league. What does that tell you?

It's a very tough situation we have at WR, but it's only tough because we have so many potential talents and all the starting jobs are already taken. It's gonna come down to a numbers game. It's gonna be hard to watch some of these guys go, but we can't be really weak at one position and super strong at WR just because they can all return kicks.

Chambers - #1 no questions asked
Booker - #2 for now
Welker - #3 if he does well VS Carolina
Hagan - #4 but could make his way as far as #2 by the end of the year, but projected #3 for 07
Campbell - #5 makes the team because of his experience in the system and his familiarity with Culpepper
...its really cloudy from here on out, a lot of guys fighting for what I think will be the final spot at #6
Sorry Vick lovers. I actually hate Marcus Vick, the only thing I like about him is the POTENTIAL he could MAYBE bring to our team. But given his track record I would have to say that I woldn't blink twice if I saw him in the first cut. That is MY opinion.

BTW, what ever happened to Danny Farmer? I forsee the identical future for Fred Gibson.

Miamian said:
Oops, sorry I meant Welker

yeah, and Daunte and Joey BOTH looked good so let's trade one and also, DARIAN BARNES & FRD BEASLY are both good so let's trade one and...

Dude, are you even listening to what you're saying?

Trade BOOKER? Our starter? Trade all-purpose WELKER?

For what? What do we need SO DESPERATELY that we would give up 1 or 2 of our proven, veteran performers and plug in rookies instead?

Seriously, what?

DB's?

c'mon, please tell me.

Everyone is entitled to an opinon, but DUDE!

WTF?????????????????

say what?

Miamian said:
This team is obviously deep at WR and needs to shore up DB. Giving up Chambers is heresy, but Booker or Walker should have some trade value. Then we still have one of them left plus Hagan, Aromashodu, Campbell, Gibson, and Vick. And beyond that, we usually keep five, right?

Anyone who thinks the Dolphins are deep at WR are sadly mistaken or basing their opinion on hopes and potential.

Wanna know how deep the dolphins are? If Chambers is out for the season how much will our passing game suffer? Not at all, a little bit, a lot?

Same question for Booker. How much will our passing game suffer if he is out for the season? Not at all, a little bit, a lot?

Next question. Who do we have that can without doubt put up comparable numbers? Nobody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All our other receivers, including Campbell are unproven players with some potential to be Welker-like receivers. In other words, nothing to write home about.

If Hagan wasn't a 3rd down pick and Welker wasn't our most reliable return man, all of our WRs could possibly either get cut or be placed on the practice squad. I doubt that there is one team out there thinking of making a trade for one of our backup Wrs. If Hagan, Gibson, Aromashodu, or Vick can put it all together then they have the potential to be good to very good Wrs, but as of right now none of them is tearing up the preseason. The Dolphins have had receivers who have done much better than these guys in practice and preseason games that aren't even in the NFL any longer.

Let's just hope and pray that BOTH Chambers and Booker stays healthy all season!!!

would be dumb to trade booker for anything other than an upgrade reciever who is only being traded because they demand out of their city. ie jerry porter. losing booker would be huge, we have depth but not even a clear cut # 3.

Remember how last season we had Kay Jay Harris and Fred Gibson on the practice squad? Right now, both of them are making a strong push to make the team. I honestly think Saban has the same thing in mind for developing players like Aromashodu and Vick (and Riggs, too, but we're really only talking about our depth at WR right now).

I havent looked at the contract numbers recently, but if it IS Booker's contract year, then the best thing we can do is hold on to him while Hagan and Gibson continue to improve. That way, we'll have a #2 WR busting his tail for a big pay day (elsewhere, most likely) while letting the top competitors for the job NEXT year(Gibson and Hagan) get their feet wet in the system. Meanwhile we'd still have Devin (dont wanna type out that last name again) and Vick on the practice squad, adjusting to the speed of the NFL and being analyzed by the coaching staff for a roster spot next season.

Of course, that's all just theory, but I really do think Nick has something like that in mind when it comes to our depth at WR.

FinAtic8480 said:
Wanny go back to Pitt and stop posting dumb threads....

Let's have a bit more respect for one of our fellow fans who is a valued contributor to this board, please. This wasn't the most inspired thread ever, but this forum is here for discussion.

rob19 said:
Trading welker is also herecy:lol:

yeah exactly trading welker is a ridiculous idea. the player we would get in return for welker would be no better than anyone we already have or worse, plus welker is an awesome player and will be pivotal for us this season.

DO NOT TRADE WELKER!!!:shakeno: :shakeno:

and booker is one of our starters who the hell are u gonna put their if booker and welker are traded. sorry man but that is a shocker of an idea

Back
Top Bottom