Trade Down - Possible Partners | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Down - Possible Partners

Add Green Bay to the list of possibles. Word is that they want one of the 3 DB's, James, Fitzpatrick or Ward, and 16 is a little too far for them to get it, so they're looking to move up a little but not a lot. That sounds like exactly where we're at. If we're not taking one of those DB's, it would be an easy slide to pick up another draft pick. Not saying we should ... just saying that they're another potential partner to add to the list.

11 to the Browns for 33/35/64
i was kinda thinking that too

re Greenbay, they are (1) 14 (2) 13 (3) 12 (4) 1,33 maybe get the first 4th round pick for a first round swap.

Last edited:
the reason is because there are no sure things, even at 11. with so many needs, fins can still get a quality player at ONE of their needs plus another extra hit in 2nd ir 3rd round.

fir example, tj watt was the 30thpick for steelers last yr- started 15 games, 7 sacks, 7 deflections, 40 solo tackles, 1 int.

Anecdotal evidence isn't going to change the fact that you have a much better shot at landing elite talent the earlier you pick in the draft. Bring up all the Tom Bradys you want. I don't even think about trade downs until I know who is on the board at our pick. But I get that it's fun to accumulate picks, which is why it's always a popular topic around draft time.

the only spot I see would be Zona but they don't have a lot of picks

3 things to consider as previously stated you don't trade with division rivals so you prob should not consider trading partners.
Second while trading down can be a great idea don't take for granted we will get good value especially from this staff after what value they recieved for Jay and Jarvis last season.
Third look for past patterns. We have traded back for Kiko.and Maxwell, and back up in Gases first draft in the 1st rounds, Last year we stayed pat in the first 3-rounds. We traded back after round 3 in both drafts.

Anecdotal evidence isn't going to change the fact that you have a much better shot at landing elite talent the earlier you pick in the draft......

we're talking 11 for 15-30. i'd bet if you looked at 10-15 and compared 20-25 over last 5 years, you wouldnt see a great disparity in the amount of hits and quality players.

but dolphins arent a team with just one ir two needs- because we have so many, theres. a better chance we'll find what we're looking for down the board for at least one of our needs.

we're talking 11 for 15-30. i'd bet if you looked at 10-15 and compared 20-25 over last 5 years, you wouldnt see a great disparity in the amount of hits and quality players.

but dolphins arent a team with just one ir two needs- because we have so many, theres. a better chance we'll find what we're looking for down the board for at least one of our needs.

I've done that multiple years now and there is a disparity. I'll take one potentially elite over three likely mediocre "need'-fillers any day.

If Buffalo or NE want our pick, I will demand both their first round picks. This year. I know that means I’m probably not making a trade but there is a premium when trading within division

If Buffalo or NE want our pick, I will demand both their first round picks. This year. I know that means I’m probably not making a trade but there is a premium when trading within division

If they want the 11th that bad, particularly in a draft where top talent is going to be pushed down by a rush on QBs, I want an extra 1st this year or next in addition to the trade down 1st.

i dont get not trading within division- unless you do t know what the hell you're doing and afraid someone else will get the better of you.

i can understand adding another prong- not only something good for you, but simething that wont add an overall advantage to your opp as a result.

if you trust your evaluation, why not pull the trigger on a deal that benefits you?

Miami isnt making any deals with Buffalo nor does Buffalo think for a second Miami is taking a QB.

Which is why if you offer 11 for 12th and 3rd rounder with a QB sitting there and they refuse, you take the QB. They’ll believe you then.

Back
Top Bottom