Trade for Anquan Boldin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Anquan Boldin

Jimmy James said:
:yeahthat:

With that said, Booker WAS A PRO BOWLER. It's about time Dolphins fans treat him with a little damned respect instead of trying to trade him off for the flavor of the day.

You had a spelling error there. BTW, Gus Frerotte was a Pro Bowler once also.

miami mayham said:
it was just a thought we need a fast reliable receiver to help chambers.

Boldin isn't fast... :shakeno:

LithoMan said:
sheet, denny would trade that turd in a heartbet. they got Fitzgerald and Bryant Johnson. Anquan is cheap, but soon as his head gets fat, thinking he should get paid, he's gone... could be had for a 6th rounder, but i would rather keep the sixth and get a WR in next years draft.

A 6th ROUNDER FOR BOLDIN????? Thats it...I'll UP YOU ONE..ILL GIVE AZ our 5th and 6th next year!!! THIS GUY IS A PRO BOWL CALIBER WR!!!!! The kid had 1300 yards receiving IN ARIZONA! I'd take him in a heartbeat!

At least I realized that after I made my mistake.

BTW, It's just because I never really paid attention to drafts before this one...there was no reason to with Wanny in charge and no first rounders.

The reason why L.Fitzgerald was productive was b/c of Boldin, until the injury! Its like Peerless Price and Eric Moulds...you take away Moulds Peerless aint JACK!

Productive wise:
Moulds = Boldin Peerless= Fitzgerald

L.T.21 said:
The reason why L.Fitzgerald was productive was b/c of Boldin, until the injury! Its like Peerless Price and Eric Moulds...you take away Moulds Peerless aint JACK!

Productive wise:

Um, half the story.... Fitz and Johnson were both hurt and Anquan, that receiving corp wasnt at all together last year. What, Kevin Kasper was the 'stud'? Lets get him, LOL. Anquan will fade once Bryant and Larry are healthy. He'll be another slot guy like Josh Reed. This guy is your prototype example of a crybaby, and you still want him. watch out, he'll be another cancer in the locker room...LOL. he's got a fat head, we dont need another TO, or Benson, or Moss in our locker room....so you all say.

miami mayham said:
Why don't we trade Marty Booker and Lamar Gorden to Arizona for Anquan Boldin He isn't happy cause he isn't getting a contract extension, maybe we could do something to help out chambers. It would free up cap money, plus maybe we could even get a late round 2006 draft pick in with the deal. let me know what you think.

screw that i want Larry Fitzgerald for a 3rd round pick in 2006. :roflmao:

ih8brady said:
You had a spelling error there. BTW, Gus Frerotte was a Pro Bowler once also.

If we were getting Gus so soon after that Pro Bowl season and didn't have a starting QB, I'd be all for giving him his propers. He has been with 6 teams between that season and now, though. Booker is still the WR who went to the Pro Bowl.

As it is, I'm happy Gus has the chance to win this job. Even with the change in age, he very well might be our best QB. He may be our best QB since Dan.

L.T.21 said:

Productive wise:

Amazing. It's like football's own little mutual agreement between the two. Both compliement each other. Sooo cute. ^_^

miami mayham said:
Why don't we trade Marty Booker and Lamar Gorden to Arizona for Anquan Boldin He isn't happy cause he isn't getting a contract extension, maybe we could do something to help out chambers. It would free up cap money, plus maybe we could even get a late round 2006 draft pick in with the deal. let me know what you think.

Why would they do that trade?

Jaj said:
If you throw in Vincent Jackson

Jackson on every single persons BEST SLEEPERS in the draft. The guy is freaking 6'6 that runs a 4.4! He's been freaking clocked at 4.3 a couple of times and played BASkETBALL! A 6'6 guy that GOES AFTER THE BALL vs. waiting for it to come ala Gates is a HUUGE WEAPON! Also, he did 23 reps on the bench press and has a 10 foot 9 long jump and 4.0 short shuttle!

Here's the short shuttle rankings.

Short Shuttle Times

4.00--- Vincent Jackson

4.01--- Roddy White

4.22--- Roscoe Parrish

4.23--- Mike Williams

4.38--- Braylon Edwards

The knock on the guy is he played at Northern Colorado, a small school and "didnt have any serious competition." I guess since Steve Largent, TO, Rice didnt play big time college ball means they suck! You say you want a burner that can stretch the field, well here you have him! Go to the Broncos message board and read what theyre saying about Jackson. Wait, here, Ill post you some of it..these are the fans in Denver who saw him play on a consistent basis.

On top of that, the kid has the HIGHEST WONDERLIC SCORE OF ALL RECEIVERS! VERY HUMBLE ala LT. They call the guy SUPERFREAK! Here's what scouts say about him, "they call him the super freak, if Jackson went to a big school like Auburn, Miami, USC or Cal then he would not be able to get this guy in the second round"

Here's some video of the dude....click on video icon

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=196&p=8&c=1&yr=2005&nid=1726904

HERES WHAT THE DENVER FANS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE PICK UP OF VINCE:

"So much for VJ! Looks like he's going to be tormenting our D for a while now. I don't think our new corner will be able to cover him, though. He's 8 inches shorter than Jackson."

"The Chargers are definately playing mind games against the Broncos. They take a local product of Colorado and pit him against Denver. Maybe Jackson isnt happy about the pick? You never know."

"We had a chance to have an offensive threat and now we have a questionable half*** corner for special teams, we needed offense and like Shanahan, he goes defense, there were corners better in the 3rd available. We need offense and Shan just gave the Chargers the AFC West!"

I'm so PO'd I cant see straght! We take a midget CB who is nothing more than a punt returner who got suspended from his last bowl game (and who has recurring arm numbness from a bad arm break earlier in the year), and will be run over in the run game in the NFL at corner, and let Vincent Jackson go to San Diego who is problably going to own us for the next number of years. If we wanted a corner take Miller or Marlon Jackson for god sake! You can get Chad Owens as a killer punt returner in the 6th round!

I hope this whole staff gets fired after this year and we need to simply start fresh and let somebody with a clue pick next years 9 picks.

With Champ covering Antoinio Gates and Lightwieght Lenny covering their #1 WR who is going to cover Vincent Jackson that new knat of ours? He might be able to tie Jackson's shoes after he scores a TD without having to even jump, but thats about it.

I would have MUCH rather have given San Diego that problem to work out instead of us.

And all you Homers trying to justify picking a punt returner in the second round, we could have easily gotten Darrent in the third with his character and durability questions, or Chad Owens who is even better at punt returns in the 6th.

What a total waste when we had so few to picks to choose from this year. That Jim Armstrong is a hillbilly loser.

Back
Top Bottom