Trade for Tristan Wirfs ? (Just an idea) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Tristan Wirfs ? (Just an idea)

What would you be willing to give up for Wirfs?

• 1st Round Pick

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • 2nd and Austin Jackson

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • 3rd and Austin Jackson

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Not willing to trade for him

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people here wanted him in the draft, myself included.

Pretty interesting thought about trading for Wirfs. Not sure if I like the idea of trading a 1st round pick and a big contract though or a 2nd and AJ and a big contract. We would be giving up a lot here.

Thoughts?

I personally wouldn’t do it. I’ve never liked the idea of high picks begin traded and giving up big money. Plus I thought AJ actually played pretty well last year. We spent a lot of time investing and developing him.

MEDIA=twitter]1793126421621260390[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Intriguing. I didnt vote because Im not crazy about the options.

I dont want to give up Ajax TBH, even if Wirfs is RT, we could roll Ajax to LT and use Paul as a swing tackle down the line.

I'd rather have a guard if we are spending money on the oline, but sometimes opportunities present themselves and you need to jump on them.

Would I be willing to trade a 1st for him? Hell yes. Does Tampa bay immediately laugh at us and hang up if that’s all we’re offering? Also hell yes, look at how much we got back for tunsil

I think a second + Austin Jackson gets us closer but if he continues his growth trajectory then an above average starting tackle making $12m/yr is one of the best contracts in football

I know a lot of people here wanted him in the draft, myself included.

Pretty interesting thought about trading for Wirfs. Not sure if I like the idea of trading a 1st round pick and a big contract though or a 2nd and AJ and a big contract. We would be giving up a lot here.

Thoughts?

I personally wouldn’t do it. I’ve never liked the idea of high picks begin traded and giving up big money. Plus I thought AJ actually played pretty well last year. We spent a lot of time investing and developing him.

MEDIA=twitter]1793126421621260390[/MEDIA]
Why do we need another RT?

If he was a LT, perhaps I could see trading for him. Since he plays RT and Jackson showed vast improvement last year, the Dolphins don’t really need to give up a high draft pick on a position they already have a quality player filling the position.

We need more draft picks going forward bc we're going to be carrying a big QB contract now.

Trading picks away at this point is flirting with disaster.

This.

And Holland is likely going to get paid this offseason. Waddle I’d assume before the season is over. Phillips next offseason.

We need to be keeping our premium picks and if anything, adding to that.

Of course there are certain players that you have to be willing to break that for, but not a right tackle that is going to break the bank with a new contract.

Back
Top Bottom