Trade him. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade him.

pwn3dyo

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I say the Dolphins should accept the Redskins offer to trade Ogunleye for the redskins 1st round pick in the upcoming 2005 draft. Don't get me wrong Joe Gibbs was a great coach back in the day, but he has aged, the game is alot different, and he doesn't have that good of a team to begin with. The Redskins won't be a serious contender with Philly,New York, and Dallas. I think the redskins will finish last in the NFC east with a 4-12, or 5-11 record giving them a good draft pick. Ogunleye was undrafted from indiana, Wannstedt saw talent in him and gave him a shot and he turned out to be a big plus to the Miami Dolphin defense. I personally think he wouldnt be that succcessful without two probowl players on the same line as him. The only logical reason i can think of ogunleye not accepting the 1.8M/1 Yr contract is because he's afraid he will have a bad season and no one will pay big bucks for him next year. He wants the big bucks now for a reason, because he isnt sure he can keep up with his incredible performance. Either that, or afraid of injuries. I would personally rather see the dolphins trade him for one of the top 12 picks next year than have him hold out, miss training camp, and possibly some season games.

:welcome:

The way I feel right now, I'd say let him hang himself with his own rope. That pick doesn't help us one bit this year, so it matters not whether we trade him now or trade him later....Maybe, as we get closer to the start of the season, Washington and J-Ville will see how serious the Dolphins are about getting the most from Adewale's value, and they'll up the ante with a player that will help us this year, plus the pick. We have the whole season to string him out if we must so, there's no use in taking any offers now, that don't help us immediately.

DO NOT TRADE HIM!!! He is one of the BEST DE in the game right now, like it or not...he deserves a deal. I will be seriously p!ssed off if Ogun gets away!

buckeyenic007 said:
DO NOT TRADE HIM!!! He is one of the BEST DE in the game right now, like it or not...he deserves a deal. I will be seriously p!ssed off if Ogun gets away!

But not if his deal prevents us from resigning Chambers and/or McMichael.

pwn3dyo I have to disagree. I feel the Skins will battle for the division title in the East. The Skins talent is not that bad, especially on D. Now that they also have Portis to run behind that OL I feel Gibbs could have a good year.

As for the game passing Gibbs by, well it didn't for Vermil or Parcells. These old school guys having such success is a part of the reason Gibbs came back. Fundamentals have been giving less attention by the new breed of coach is what these old school guys are taking advantage of. Gibbs will be the master of going back to basics. It may not win a SB in the near future, but it could easily get him 10 wins his first season. Just look at Dallas.

I really don't think a trade for just there 1st round pick would be a good deal. Wally is just too valuable...IMO

We offered Ogunleye a good deal. 1 year/1.8M**. If he accepted that, he would of made over 1,800,000 this year, and if he had a DECENT season 04-05 he would become VERY VERY rich. He knows that, his agent knows that. Why is he holding out? The only two reasons i can think of is hes scared he's gonna get injuried, or more disturbing he's scared he doesn't have what it takes to perform at a multi-million player level. I don't want Ogunleye off the team, but look at where this is headed....It isnt headed in a good direction. We should just take the first round pick offer from the Redskins. We don't have the money Ogunleye wants, He has made that VERY clear.

buckeyenic007 said:

One of the best.....your kidding me right. I would put him in the Grant Wistrom catagory which is not the elite DE catagory. He is a good DE dont get me wrong but there are many factors to his success. One being the QB's having to hold the ball longer because of the WR's being blanketed by Pat and Sam. Two I do not care who says otherwise he benefits from having JT on the other side because if nothing less he gets to play against the RT, not to mention JT gets MOST of the help from the backfield blockers. I am not saying that JT gets double and triple teamed on every play but more attention is definately paid to JT and there is a reason for that. Even with Ogun racking up sacks teams were still sliding help to JT's side which should tell you something. I am SOOOOOO tired of the Ogun SAGA either get it done or trade him PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! If the Skins are offering a 1st I say see you later, while it doesnt help us this year our defense is aging and two 1st's next year could go along way to helping us start to replace some of those guys. Finally if Oguns signing would cost us CC and Randy I would ship him off for a 7th round pick in the 2012 draft.

inFINSible said:
:welcome:

The way I feel right now, I'd say let him hang himself with his own rope. That pick doesn't help us one bit this year, so it matters not whether we trade him now or trade him later....Maybe, as we get closer to the start of the season, Washington and J-Ville will see how serious the Dolphins are about getting the most from Adewale's value, and they'll up the ante with a player that will help us this year, plus the pick. We have the whole season to string him out if we must so, there's no use in taking any offers now, that don't help us immediately.

WOW!! I can actually AGREE with that !! :roflmao:

You have to remember that we can realease Jay and Madison next yr if need be.Also JR will be a consideration as well. The cap can be managed and the new players we would get in the draft would be cheaper.

Well "one of the best DE's in the game" might not even play for most of the season b/c of a cheesy contract issue. We might as well get something in return for him if he continues to holdout.

Fins2theend said:
One of the best.....your kidding me right. I would put him in the Grant Wistrom catagory which is not the elite DE catagory. He is a good DE dont get me wrong but there are many factors to his success. One being the QB's having to hold the ball longer because of the WR's being blanketed by Pat and Sam. Two I do not care who says otherwise he benefits from having JT on the other side because if nothing less he gets to play against the RT, not to mention JT gets MOST of the help from the backfield blockers. I am not saying that JT gets double and triple teamed on every play but more attention is definately paid to JT and there is a reason for that. Even with Ogun racking up sacks teams were still sliding help to JT's side which should tell you something. I am SOOOOOO tired of the Ogun SAGA either get it done or trade him PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! If the Skins are offering a 1st I say see you later, while it doesnt help us this year our defense is aging and two 1st's next year could go along way to helping us start to replace some of those guys. Finally if Oguns signing would cost us CC and Randy I would ship him off for a 7th round pick in the 2012 draft.

I certainly wish the deal would get done, but you cannot sit there and discount that OGUN is one of the best.
Only one year....sure ok...but who's to say he doesn't get a high sack total again next year? You mean to tell me that every time OGUN got a sack it was due to JT getting doubled? I don't think so. IMO that is the typical fan layman's view of how he got his sacks.
I'd bet he busted a couple doubles and made plays in the backfield due to his skill as much as JT. Certainly opposing offensive coordinators soon got a clue while watching film and OGUN didn't go unnoticed. Surely some schemes went to his side too.

Oh, and JT didn't begin to get sacks because more focus was on OGUN?? Check the stats....JT's sacks didn't start to come until later in the season!

At this point I tend to agree that we should trade him. Don't get me wrong I think he is a good player and one that really helps our team, BUT... this is going to be a big distraction to the team. one thing that we REALLY DO NOT need.

don't worry this will get solved, if you remember alot of fans thought Madison was gone and the deal got done, be patient.

Maybe i went over the edge saying Redskins will have a 4-12, 5-12 record and finish last in the NFC EAST. There is really no way of telling who will do what in the NFL this day and age, unless the team is just awful like the 49ers. Who knows the redskins could maybe even clinch a wildcard. Regardless, It's already late june and i think getting a first round pick from the Washington Redskins would be a pretty good deal considering the depressing situation.

Back
Top Bottom