Trade him. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade him.

O-gun is NO-fun

I say F...........Em! let him go I think O-gun is a good DE not a great one. Let's see how many sacks he gets when he looks over to the other side and there's no JT. :fire:

Hes a good DE, but definately not worth what hes asking. Also, he's obviously not a team player, he just seems like a whiny prima-donna type who thinks hes above his team-mates. Why else would he think he can sit more than half the season and then just waltz back in and expect to start right away? I say we dont need any players like that on this team, and Rick should just dump him off on the Redskins and let him be their problem.

I personally would rather have the Redskins first rounder in 2005 than the Jaguars 1st rounder in 2005.

The Jaguars defense is too tough and I really like the Jaguars to go .500 or over this coming season. Jags run defense was the best last year in the NFL with a 3.1 yard per carry statistic. Jags signed Favors and Grant from Carolina to bolster the defense and signed Washington and Lewis Sanders with Fernando Bryant leaving for Detroit. I really like this Jags defense and offense as well. Leftwich gets a year under his belt, look out.

The Redskins on the other hand might not be a top 5 draft pick, but they look to me to be in the top 12-10. The Redskins defense is just not good enough. They were ranked 25th in total defense and now they have downgraded their CB's from Bailey to Springs although they did draft Sean Taylor to fill a safety void. The Redskins pass rush is pathetic and their D-line gets pushed around on run plays with their 26th ranking against the run proving that. They did sign Cornelius griffin from the Giants though at DT, solid player. I don't think Joe Gibbs could do to Washington what Parcells did to Dallas last year in changing it around that quick.

Those are my thoughts. I'd take the Redskins first rounder rather than the Jags first rounder.

Patience is a virtue

We hold all the cards in this deal. We need to wait this one out and see what happens.

pwn3dyo said:
The Redskins won't be a serious contender with Philly,New York, and Dallas. I think the redskins will finish last in the NFC east with a 4-12, or 5-11 record giving them a good draft pick.

What?! You have them finishing behind New York? New York is my pick for dead last in the NFC East, mainly because the only significant gain they've made is Manning. He is after all a rookie and his name doesn't ensure greatness (ex. Griese). Shockey's status isn't real clear at this point, any slack on his part will most certainly do NY's offense in.

Washington on the other hand has picked up Brunell who could possibly have something left. Portis who damn well better play for his 65 million (is that right?)....he will IMO :lol: . I'm not saying that they're improved enough for a SB run, just that they're more improved than the Giants.

inFINSible said:
:welcome:

The way I feel right now, I'd say let him hang himself with his own rope. That pick doesn't help us one bit this year, so it matters not whether we trade him now or trade him later....Maybe, as we get closer to the start of the season, Washington and J-Ville will see how serious the Dolphins are about getting the most from Adewale's value, and they'll up the ante with a player that will help us this year, plus the pick. We have the whole season to string him out if we must so, there's no use in taking any offers now, that don't help us immediately.
You sound a bit like Wanny, only make moves that help us this year.

1) We don't have all season to string him out, a team like Wash. or Jax may trade away their first now, but after the season they may not if its a top ten pick, remember, they are looking for help this year too, which is why they would gamble on trading away a possible top ten pick now but not later.:shakeno:

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
I personally would rather have the Redskins first rounder in 2005 than the Jaguars 1st rounder in 2005.

The Jaguars defense is too tough and I really like the Jaguars to go .500 or over this coming season. Jags run defense was the best last year in the NFL with a 3.1 yard per carry statistic. Jags signed Favors and Grant from Carolina to bolster the defense and signed Washington and Lewis Sanders with Fernando Bryant leaving for Detroit. I really like this Jags defense and offense as well. Leftwich gets a year under his belt, look out.

The Redskins on the other hand might not be a top 5 draft pick, but they look to me to be in the top 12-10. The Redskins defense is just not good enough. They were ranked 25th in total defense and now they have downgraded their CB's from Bailey to Springs although they did draft Sean Taylor to fill a safety void. The Redskins pass rush is pathetic and their D-line gets pushed around on run plays with their 26th ranking against the run proving that. They did sign Cornelius griffin from the Giants though at DT, solid player. I don't think Joe Gibbs could do to Washington what Parcells did to Dallas last year in changing it around that quick.

Those are my thoughts. I'd take the Redskins first rounder rather than the Jags first rounder.

GOOD point !

buckeyenic007 said:
DO NOT TRADE HIM!!! He is one of the BEST DE in the game right now, like it or not...he deserves a deal. I will be seriously p!ssed off if Ogun gets away!

People said the same thing about Trace Armstrong and many others, but I believes a huge chunk of his success comes from Jason Taylor drawing the double team. I think we should trade Ogun later on.

BlueFin said:
You sound a bit like Wanny, only make moves that help us this year.

1) We don't have all season to string him out, a team like Wash. or Jax may trade away their first now, but after the season they may not if its a top ten pick, remember, they are looking for help this year too, which is why they would gamble on trading away a possible top ten pick now but not later.:shakeno:
Am I supposed to be insulted that I sound like Wanny?

Besides the fact that I don't see Jacksonville or Washington as a lock to garner a top ten pick next year, I also don't think that one pick is enough, nor that it's all that will end up being offered, if we act with a little patience.

Wait until they get to camp and really see that they have a serious pass rush need, what will they give up then?

inFINSible said:
Am I supposed to be insulted that I sound like Wanny?

Besides the fact that I don't see Jacksonville or Washington as a lock to garner a top ten pick next year, I also don't think that one pick is enough, nor that it's all that will end up being offered, if we act with a little patience.

Wait until they get to camp and really see that they have a serious pass rush need, what will they give up then?

While I have been very vocal about trading him it is only so that we dont have to deal with it anymore, I am ready for the whole situation to be over one way or another. But as you put it patience is warranted here.

Ive been hearing alotta of diffrent things, and i have a couple questions...
1) Does anyone kno eactly what Adawale is asking for?
2)Would it really be impossible to have him and Chris Chambers, as someone pointed out JF will prob b gone next year(he has the third highest payroll on the team:shakeno: ) Will Poole or Reggie oward mite distinguish themselves as a legitamte #2 CB, and Eddie Moore could take JR's job.
3)What happend to gettin more then jus a #1. I dont think u can give up a good player liie him for jus a #1, if they threw in Rod Gardner or atleast a 4th or so id b all for it.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:

I disagree with you there, I think the redskins will make it to the superbowl

I'm sorry, but what good is this joker going to do if he's only playing 6 games. Let alone the affect it will have on the whole team. I think we should kick him to the curb and try to get whatever we can.

Back
Top Bottom