Trade Jordan Phillips to Dallas | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Jordan Phillips to Dallas

Man if you got a 5th round rookie out playing a 3rd year 2nd round draft pick......I think you can call that struggling! Just MHO.
Basically. Phillips has been nothing short of a huge disappointment.

But we need to add to the position, not subtract, especially when we ain't getting **** for him in a trade. We need to trade for a DT, not Dallas.

Offer a 2nd for Shelton, Browns love their draft picks, they might bite.

I will say that Rod Marinelli would certainly get more out of the guy than Terrell Williams. Can't believe a guy like Jim Tomsula was available and we stuck with this guy.

Ya, because 2 years of underachieving is knee jerking o_O

Lol some posters on here are being very delusional in regards to Phillips. The guy can't beat out Earl Mitchell for snaps last year, and has now fallen behind a 5th round rookie on the depth chart, and everything is fine.

Please open your eyes.

I'd rather see what he can do this year than trade him for chump change that will again need to be converted or developed into talent - neither is a slam dunk, but i'll take him and possible "gets it" year over a 5th rounder right now.

You don't discard a starter for two unproven rookies who haven't even taken a pre-season game snap. While you have 7 DT's on the roster only one is a standout and without him in the lineup the DT crop looks pretty below average to me.

You don't discard a starter for two unproven rookies who haven't even taken a pre-season game snap. While you have 7 DT's on the roster only one is a standout and without him in the lineup the DT crop looks pretty below average to me.

He isn't a starter anymore and I am not saying discard, I am saying if we can get decent value for a player who has been average at best and is easily replaceable, we should do so. If not, I got no issues for keeping him as depth.

If I trade I wait till week 8 when his price is the highest also by then Gase will know if he's worth keeping.

Phillips reminds me of former Dolphins DT Manny Wright. A big powerful guy with a lot of natural ability but seems to have a pea sized brain. Lazy and unmotivated and will never be the player he is capable of.

Watching this guy, he's lost out there. Technique and effort are both bad. Waste of a roster spot. Not an NFL player.

Godchaux is easily already the better player. The coaches are right about this one.

#44 won't make it either in my opinion. Drastically over pursued his responsibility on the big run by Ward which allowed the cut back to open up.

Back
Top Bottom