Trade possibility? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade possibility?

What makes you ASSUME this? Because you believe that much in this unproven rookie? Or because you have seen it with McDaniels offense? Because I haven't seen it. You mentioned McDaniel bringing back Mike G on a $11m one year and Mike G has one of his worst year as a Dolphins. So I don't get how you assume this unproven rookie will drastically impact our offense.

Smythe is the same as jake ferguson, jake ferguson is nothing special but jake ferguson is in a offense that uses TE and therefore he way out produced smythe this year in his first year starting.

If you can name me two TEs drafted in the 1st round that were home run picks in the last 10 years then i can show you 5 times more TEs that were drafted outside the 1st round that are significantly better than those drafted in the 1st round.

Best case scenario Bowers is TJ Hock who the Lions were able to replace in one off season in the 2nd round.

I guess a lot of people on here are convinced that Bowers is the greatest TE prospect of all time.

What you keep calling an unproven rookie is arguably the greatest college TE to ever play. Some of us like to project college talent.

Past projections literally mean nothing on current evaluations. Penn State RBs always suck until they don’t. Ohio State QBs never pan out in the pros until they do. It’s nonsense to suggest taking a TE in the first round isn’t still your most likely avenue to finding a great one, let alone dismissing a generational one.

Guess how many guys have won the Mackey award twice?

Nobody is In the league with Hill.
Also Waddle is very good
Not for quick cuts no... he's in his own class.

...and that's part of what I'm trying to get across with my commentary. So many here at FH will say, "Hill and Waddle" as if they are equal, and they're not. Hill is exceptional... just THE best small WR in the game. Waddle isn't as good, and IMHO will NEVER be as good as Hill is now. He isn't as sturdy and he doesn't cut as well (probably because Hill was originally a RB).
Waddle is very good... but he's 5'10" and limited by that, and as we've seen, when he's nicked up, he is much less effective. Great guy, very good player... but I think the fans overrate him out of loyalty.

What you keep calling an unproven rookie is arguably the greatest college TE to ever play. Some of us like to project college talent.

Past projections literally mean nothing on current evaluations. Penn State RBs always suck until they don’t. Ohio State QBs never pan out in the pros until they do. It’s nonsense to suggest taking a TE in the first round isn’t still your most likely avenue to finding a great one, let alone dismissing a generational one.

Guess how many guys have won the Mackey award twice?

So I guess it's settled then....Bowers is officially the greatest TE prospect of all time. I'm sure he will live up to that hype.

I honestly didn't think any TE would get more hype than Kyle Pitts did. In fact, I believe I started a thread in thr draft forum calling Pitts (sarcastically) the greatest TE prospect of all time.

Unfortunately the TE position isn't a premium position for a reason.

Last edited:
So I guess it's settled then....Bowers is officially the greatest TE prospect of all time.

I honestly didn't think any TE would get more hype than Kyle Pitts did. In fact, I believe I started a thread in thr draft forum calling Pitts (sarcastically) the greatest TE prospect of all time.

Ya the 8 rings and countless post season records that Kelce and Gronkowski possess might say other wise. You may want to go look at how big of a factor those two guys were in their 8 Super Bowl titles.

I dare you to explain how WRs or RBs might be more important and then post the evidence here.

PLEASE tell us all who the best WRs of the last 20 years are and then post their championship resumes.

Start with Cooper Kupp and go…

So I guess it's settled then....Bowers is officially the greatest TE prospect of all time.

Ya the 7 rings and countless post season records that Kelce and Gronkowski possess might say other wise. You may want to go look at how big of a factor those two guys were in their 8 Super Bowl titles.

I dare you to explain how WRs or RBs might be more important and then post the evidence here.

PLEASE tell us all who the best WRs of the last 20 years are and then post their championship resumes. Until Tyreek Hill in 2020 the only elite WRs to win titles for about 15 years were Plaxico Burress and Demaryius Thomas (who managed one catch in the SB, RIP). You have to go back to the Colts lone title in 2006 I think with Marvin Harrison to find a HOF caliber, or even Pro Bowl caliber WR who had a significant even remotely comparable to Gronk and Kelce.

Start with Cooper Kupp and go….

Speaking of Tyreek though, Chiefs haven’t missed him why? Because of #87.

Go take a look at the Buccaneers-Chiefs SB where Gronk had as big of an impact as Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Antonio Browm, COMBINED.

It may be difficult to find those high end TEs but don’t for a second spew that nonsense about them not being of them premium importance.

Look no further than the teams that went to the playoffs this year to see exactly how integral TEs are.

Last edited:
So I guess it's settled then....Bowers is officially the greatest TE prospect of all time. I'm sure he will live up to that hype.

I wanted to cry every time I opened FH for awhile there... Pitts is God! We should trade up for him! Pitts is worth a top 5 pick!! We sure need a REAL TE... not like the big slot that we have now!

Sigh... Pitts is barely a TE himself. He ran 58% of his routes from the slot last year. But people fell in love with him because it said 'Tight End' in the program. "It must be true," they squealed happily.

Now Bowers, who frankly... might be a little small for traditional TE sets. He looks legit... but he did play for a powerhouse of a program that had an exceptional line. Things like this inflate your stats... Hell, half the board wanted the Georgia TE last year... and he went to Pittsburgh and got less than 10 receptions.

It's been a Trend. Not 'Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!" But "Tight End, Tight End, Tight End".

Sigh...

I wanted to cry every time I opened FH for awhile there... Pitts is God! We should trade up for him! Pitts is worth a top 5 pick!! We sure need a REAL TE... not like the big slot that we have now!

Sigh... Pitts is barely a TE himself. He ran 58% of his routes from the slot last year. But people fell in love with him because it said 'Tight End' in the program. "It must be true," they squealed happily.

Now Bowers, who frankly... might be a little small for traditional TE sets. He looks legit... but he did play for a powerhouse of a program that had an exceptional line. Things like this inflate your stats... Hell, half the board wanted the Georgia TE last year... and he went to Pittsburgh and got less than 10 receptions.

It's been a Trend. Not 'Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!" But "Tight End, Tight End, Tight End".

Sigh...
Be of good cheer brother Fever, there are many of us who agree with your logic. We just aren't as vocal. If I ever own a team, your one of the first I call. Ray would be first because.. we would need instant legendary credibility.:)

Now... don't get me wrong. I do think Bowers is a very nice prospect, but it is also true that he played for a LOADED team and this inflates one's stats... AND makes post season awards more likely. You don't win Heisman or Mackey awards playing for South Dakota St.

At 240# (and some have suggested that he played at closer to 230) he might... might be a little light for traditional TE sets. I suspect he'll see quite a few H-back snaps... and maybe even mostly slot work.

Honestly... with the way our offense works, I'd like a bigger TE.

Darnell Washington was a late 3rd round pick for a reason and word is he might be making a move to OT. He’s hardly comparable to Brock Bowers as an actual NFL TE.

Bowers was at a power house program but he was also arguably the best player at that power house program. Bowers is probably the only reason Stetson Bennett got drafted.

We should be talking about the guy having been a three time John Mackey award winner. The only year he didn’t win the award was 2021 and he had TWELVE MORE TDs than the winner, Trey McBride. Granted McBride had a ton of receptions and yards but we’re talking about a guy with 13 TDs losing an award to a guy with 1 TD.

Otherwise he’s a three time winner of that award and that’s with missing 4 games to injury this past season.

Make no mistake about it, Brock Bowers is a phenom and I’m praying he’s not the 10th pick in the draft.

6’4, 240.

This kid had 5 RUSHING TDs in his career. That unheard for TEs. The athleticism is not normal.

Dude is better at catching a football with one hand than any TE we’ve had in 25 years was at catching with two hands.

All that said, he will not be a Dolphin, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Darnell Washington was a late 3rd round pick for a reason and word is he might be making a move to OT. He’s hardly comparable to Brock Bowers as an actual NFL TE.

Bowers was at a power house program but he was also arguably the best player at that power house program. Bowers is probably the only reason Stetson Bennett got drafted.

We should be talking about the guy having been a three time John Mackey award winner. The only year he didn’t win the award was 2021 and he had TWELVE MORE TDs than the winner, Trey McBride. Granted McBride had a ton of receptions and yards but we’re talking about a guy with 13 TDs losing an award to a guy with 1 TD.

Otherwise he’s a three time winner of that award and that’s with missing 4 games to injury this past season.

Make no mistake about it, Brock Bowers is a phenom and I’m praying he’s not the 10th pick in the draft.

6’4, 240.

Again... he MIGHT be 240#... maybe. Some sites have him listed at 230# (Zierlein does).

If he can't carry 240 into midseason, he won't be a traditional Y-type TE in the NFL... he'll flex out and play as a slot or an H back.

This isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it makes his TE designation a bit suspect.

Now, I think he'll be a nice player, but top 10? I'm not sure that I see that.

Again... he MIGHT be 240#... maybe. Some sites have him listed at 230# (Zierlein does).

If he can't carry 240 into midseason, he won't be a traditional Y-type TE in the NFL... he'll flex out and play as a slot or an H back.

This isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it makes his TE designation a bit suspect.

Now, I think he'll be a nice player, but top 10? I'm not sure that I see that.

Bro this guy was built to be a HOF TE.

There has never been anyone like him. Built like a bull, runs like a deer. It’s effortless. Nimble feet but the strength to take short yardage carries as well.

He had more TD receptions in his UGA career than AJ Green and that’s with Stetson Bennett and not Mathew Stafford.

He’s a freak plain and simple.

The Bears better not let him get past 9th overall. If that kid joins forces with Caleb Williams, the recent success of the Lions will be an after thought for the next decade.

I’d kill to have him. I just can’t see how the Chargers, Giants and Titans would pass on him.

Bro this guy was built to be a HOF TE.

There has never been anyone like him. Built like a bull, runs like a deer. It’s effortless. Nimble feet but the strength to take short yardage carries as well.

He had more TD receptions in his UGA career than AJ Green and that’s with Stetson Bennett and not Mathew Stafford.

He’s a freak plain and simple.

The Bears better not let him get past 9th overall. If that kid joins forces with Caleb Williams, the recent success of the Lions will be an after thought for the next decade.

I’d kill to have him. I just can’t see how the Chargers, Giants and Titans would pass on him.
It only takes one team to fall in love... guys get over drafted every year.

If you were the GM for the Chargers, you'd take him at #5.
If I was Grier, I'd pass at #21.

It only takes one team to fall in love... guys get over drafted every year.

If you were the GM for the Chargers, you'd take him at #5.
If I was Grier, I'd pass at #21.

He’s going to be a terror. So long as he’s not a Jet, I won’t be too concerned.

He’s going to be a terror. So long as he’s not a Jet, I won’t be too concerned.
It's been said about so many Tight Ends... and it's been true so rarely.

Hell... some of the ones with the best stats aren't even really Tight Ends... not in the traditional sense anyway.

I'll bring up Pitts again... 58% of his snaps are from the slot. ...and there were DOZENS of brothers here who swore, just swore he'd be the bestest TE ever! He's not even a Tight End... he's a tall WR.

Bowers is beyond Pitts.
And people were saying Pitts was beyond every other highly touted TE before him too. For whatever reason, the great College TE rarely transfers to the NFL successfully. Maybe Bowers breaks that trend, but why take the chance by giving up Waddle, a proven commodity?

Back
Top Bottom