Trade possibility? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade possibility?

Bro this guy was built to be a HOF TE.

There has never been anyone like him. Built like a bull, runs like a deer. It’s effortless. Nimble feet but the strength to take short yardage carries as well.

He had more TD receptions in his UGA career than AJ Green and that’s with Stetson Bennett and not Mathew Stafford.

He’s a freak plain and simple.

The Bears better not let him get past 9th overall. If that kid joins forces with Caleb Williams, the recent success of the Lions will be an after thought for the next decade.

I’d kill to have him. I just can’t see how the Chargers, Giants and Titans would pass on him.
Idk if I would claim he's "built to be a HOF TE", he looks really small at first glance. The successful NFL TE is obviously in the mold of a Kittle, Kelce, Gronk, etc...they're all built like monsters and still aren't exactly the greatest blockers in the world, just serviceable relative to the position. What makes you think Bowers frame will translate to the NFL and allow him to become a coveted "traditional" TE? If you're not playing him as a pure TE, there's no point in drafting him that high, since he'll just be a WR at that point. From what I've seen, he's just not naturally big enough. The picture below, the kid is absolutely ripped but notice how naturally narrow and small his frame is. The average Joe next to him has a wider build than him. He was a beast in College, no doubt...I'm just not completely sold he will translate well due to his size.

1709215225449.png

Bro this guy was built to be a HOF TE.

There has never been anyone like him. Built like a bull, runs like a deer. It’s effortless. Nimble feet but the strength to take short yardage carries as well.

He had more TD receptions in his UGA career than AJ Green and that’s with Stetson Bennett and not Mathew Stafford.

He’s a freak plain and simple.

The Bears better not let him get past 9th overall. If that kid joins forces with Caleb Williams, the recent success of the Lions will be an after thought for the next decade.

I’d kill to have him. I just can’t see how the Chargers, Giants and Titans would pass on him.
This guy is "built like a bull"? He looks like a tech support guy out to help Gronk with an issue.

1jmwzsn43fhc1.jpeg

This guy is "built like a bull"? He looks like a tech support guy out to help Gronk with an issue.

1jmwzsn43fhc1.jpeg
Oh lord, that's the picture I should have gone with to prove my point. There's just no way in hell this kid holds up in the NFL as an inline TE. He doesn't even have the frame to add on weight even if he wanted to.

Oh lord, that's the picture I should have gone with to prove my point. There's just no way in hell this kid holds up in the NFL as an inline TE. He doesn't even have the frame to add on weight even if he wanted to.
I don't know if it's just his posture but his shoulders in both photo's look really, really narrow.

I don't know if it's just his posture but his shoulders in both photo's look really, really narrow.
Think he's leaning back in the first. I'm with you on the second, looks like a general dude in the gronk pic.

Overall, just browsing other pics online he's a fairly well built dood though. Nohomo, only...

Plus Size Curvy Girl GIF by Thunda Thighs

I don't think it's his posture, he's just built like Gumby.

Think he's leaning back in the first. I'm with you on the second, looks like a general dude in the gronk pic.

Overall, just browsing other pics online he's a fairly well built dood though. Nohomo, only...

Plus Size Curvy Girl GIF by Thunda Thighs
No doubt he's a dude who hits the gym and it shows, but it just doesn't seem natural. I don't mean that in a steroid way, I mean it in a way where his body just doesn't look like it's meant to carry much muscle mass.

Idk if I would claim he's "built to be a HOF TE", he looks really small at first glance. The successful NFL TE is obviously in the mold of a Kittle, Kelce, Gronk, etc...they're all built like monsters and still aren't exactly the greatest blockers in the world, just serviceable relative to the position. What makes you think Bowers frame will translate to the NFL and allow him to become a coveted "traditional" TE? If you're not playing him as a pure TE, there's no point in drafting him that high, since he'll just be a WR at that point. From what I've seen, he's just not naturally big enough. The picture below, the kid is absolutely ripped but notice how naturally narrow and small his frame is. The average Joe next to him has a wider build than him. He was a beast in College, no doubt...I'm just not completely sold he will translate well due to his size.

View attachment 161841
His thighs look massive, might be room for more weight on that frame. He looks to be a gym rat. Def not as lanky as Mike G

I don't think it's his posture, he's just built like Gumby.

No doubt he's a dude who hits the gym and it shows, but it just doesn't seem natural. I don't mean that in a steroid way, I mean it in a way where his body just doesn't look like it's meant to carry much muscle mass.
I mean he's listed at 6'4" 240. That's pretty large.

1jmwzsn43fhc1.jpeg

That's one of the dumbest posts anyone has ever made.

Thanks for letting everyone know you don't watch college football either.

1709219504370.png

This kid scored 31 TD's in 3 years, including 5 on the ground as a rusher. He was the best player on the best program in the country and was robbed of being a 3x Mackey Award winner.

You have NO CLUE what you're talking about.

I just think it comes down to how often and basically how any TE is used in our O. If it's like it has been then a big blocker type is fine. I would hate to think we would use our top pick then have him get 1-2 touches a game. I hope we get a stud and use him like the great teams do but it's on McD. Kittle 604/250, Waller 606/245, Gesicki 606/249

Last edited:
Ya the 8 rings and countless post season records that Kelce and Gronkowski possess might say other wise. You may want to go look at how big of a factor those two guys were in their 8 Super Bowl titles.

I dare you to explain how WRs or RBs might be more important and then post the evidence here.

PLEASE tell us all who the best WRs of the last 20 years are and then post their championship resumes.

Start with Cooper Kupp and go…

dare I say that Thomas Brady and Patrick Mahomes had a little bit to do with that as well, No? Brady won a few Superbowl's before Gronk.

How come Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates and Jason Witten never got a ring?

Why does George Kittle (who many compare Bowers to) only have 6 catches for 60 yards in two super bowls? I wonder what the difference is?
I wonder if Gronk and Kelce played on different teams if they would still have 7 rings? Well in fact, Kelce had zero rings before Mahomes. So maybe that has something to do with it.

I never said anything about RBs or WRs being more valuable so I don't know where that jargon came from.

The only point I was arguing is that im not drafting ANY TE in the top 6 because the TE position is not a premium position and its just not good value because so many amazing TEs (like the ones you mentioned) can be drafted later. Im looking to find an All pro OT or All pro edge rusher or a franchise QB with top 6 pick.

If I want a TE that bad then freaking go get the real deal in a trade. because I have seen enough TEs drafted in the 1st round to know they aren't worth investing and reach for in the top 6 and really not even in the top 10, despite being "the greatest TE prospect of all time".

I think Bowers could be really good maybe he is george kittle and will have an amazing career. But you still don't draft a potential George Kittle over a potential Nick Bosa or a potential Trent Williams because those guys are harder to find.

Last edited:
That's one of the dumbest posts anyone has ever made.

Thanks for letting everyone know you don't watch college football either.

View attachment 161843

This kid scored 31 TD's in 3 years, including 5 on the ground as a rusher. He was the best player on the best program in the country and was robbed of being a 3x Mackey Award winner.

You have NO CLUE what you're talking about.
Very passionate defence of the guy, are you his dad?

And people were saying Pitts was beyond every other highly touted TE before him too. For whatever reason, the great College TE rarely transfers to the NFL successfully. Maybe Bowers breaks that trend, but why take the chance by giving up Waddle, a proven commodity?
The only reason you trade waddle would be to draft a QB. Obviously that’s not happening. Not that I think waddle is a generational WR but Grier ponied up 2 first round picks for him. Won’t look good for Grier

Though I think that is a very dumb move on the Giants side considering they can get probably most to any receiver in the draft they want, on a rookie contract much longer then Waddle, but if it were real...

I like Waddle, and I'm one of the people that came out earlier saying there is no way Waddle should be traded, BUT a 6 overall for Waddle?

SORRY!

View attachment 161627

Back
Top Bottom