Trade scenario | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade scenario

I know arizona is dumb.... but why would they do it...

but you could reset that maybeeee with waddle

You never trade a known superstar for a prospect. Even the so-called generational talents turn out to be busts way too often.

Where is Easyrider with that shaking my head statue meme when you need him?

Horrible idea. Trading a generational talent for a proposed great talent. For their entire draft? Maybe. For a 1st round pick? **** that.

Never in a million years
Benny
I actually may think hard on this one
Tyreek isn’t actually young
He’s already mentioned he probably wants to play for another year or two
And the paycheck aspect is too much IMO

We already know Tua can throw the bomb with regularity. So that’s proven
We really need a big physical WR
And this could force Tua to spread the ball around more instead of HR or bust plays
Spreading the ball is really plays more into Tua’s strengths. And I’ve said repeatedly that spreading the ball around makes us a better offense

I just may be on board with this idea

True but without the extra draft capital and cap relief the Chiefs can’t build one of the best OL’s and defenses in football and Mahomes is golfing with Tua instead of prepping for the Super Bowl.
Yes understood. They are winning w great D now instead of being more about their O. Mahomes compensates for lesser talent on O than they’ve had in years past. When they had Hill and all those weapons their D wasn’t as good as it is now. They have adjusted very nicely. Our FO can’t even build a roster to win a playoff game.

Obviously the Dolphins should make that trade but there's no way any team is giving up a R1 pick to take on Hill's contract with it's absurd numbers. He's owed $80M over the next 2 seasons. He needs to be putting up 3,000-yds and 30-TDs a year to justify that. It's literally impossible for any non-QB to add "value" at the price he's going to cost. The only possibility is a renegotiation of terms and Hill's going to have the upper hand and force you into an ever longer commitment.

Fact is, trading Hill would open a lot of doors. It's a dream for virtually any pick. Waddle wants more action and deserves it. Tua has been productive with anyone he's ever been paired with. There's no doubt the Dolphins would probably love to trade Hill now given the other needs the team has but his contract makes that untenable.

The presence of a costly WR with such an absurd contract is a foundational piece of the argument against this organization being on the right track.

Last edited:
Obviously the Dolphins should make that trade but there's no way any team is giving up a R1 pick to take on Hill's contract with it's absurd numbers. He's owed $80M over the next 2 seasons. He needs to be putting up 3,000-yds and 30-TDs a year to justify that. It's literally impossible for any non-QB to add "value" at the price he's going to cost. The only possibility is a renegotiation of terms and Hill's going to have the upper hand and force you into an ever longer commitment.

Fact is, trading Hill would open a lot of doors. It's a dream for virtually any pick. Waddle wants more action and deserves it. Tua has been productive with anyone he's ever been paired with. There's no doubt the Dolphins would probably love to trade Hill now given the other needs the team has but his contract makes that untenable.

The presence of a costly WR with such an absurd contract is a foundational piece of the argument against this organization being on the right track.
I don’t make the trade despite the really good arguments. I don’t make it because w Hill we are a much better team. Our O needs to clean up a few things but it is a top scoring offense and Hill is a huge reason why. We aren’t rebuilding right now. The only way I make that trade is for a QB prospect - and yes it would be worth the risk if “that guy” was there. Make the OL better. Get a TE we can throw passes to. Find a play making LB. We are close.

Arizona is not in a position to want someone like Tyreek Hill. He has about 2 more good years left before he starts to slow down (or even retire), and Arizona is not competing within the next 2 years with or without Hill. It would be an extremely dumb trade on their end.

You never trade a known superstar for a prospect. Even the so-called generational talents turn out to be busts way too often.

Not the case in the NFL.

In the NFL you move on from the superstar too soon rather than too early. Especially if you're getting premium draft picks in return. Every GM is going to believe in their ability to evaluate college talent.

What you're forgetting is the cap space gained gives you the freedom to sign your own superstars. If we could remove Tyreek's contract and get adequate draft compensation, we'd also be able to re-allocate that money to Christian Wilkins.

Look at where the Packers are right now as a franchise, a year and a half after trading Adams. Look where Adams got the Raiders.

If we want to seriously talk about getting Marvin Harrison Jr, Jaylen Waddle is the one who would be involved the offer.

Would I do it? In a heartbeat. Would Arizona? VERY unlikely. They'd want more.

I love Jaylen but don't love the overall composition of our offense.

I am also an Ohio State fan so I know who Marvin Harrison Jr is going to be.

sure but again, is Arizona one player away? It'd make no sense to me to pay Hill so much money when the team is really not ready
btw, Arizona has 13 picks in the coming up draft....they can do anything as far as drafting who they want
Or they could trade them all to us for Oggy, x, baker, Davis, Wilson, crossen and be set for the year. 😂

Back
Top Bottom