TRADE THOUGHTS with Tampa | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TRADE THOUGHTS with Tampa

Any suggestions to make the trade better or other trade ideas. I am just tired of watching mediocrity and would at least like some glimpse of hope that our teams management is trying to do something to better the team.

We're a bit strapped on the salary cap for next year so the smartest thing would be just to ride with who we have and focus on re-signing some of our own free agents, freeing up some cap space with cuts (Ellerbe, Wheeler, Hartline would be possible casualties), signing a few 2nd tier free agents (CB, LB depth would be where I would focus on...possibly OG but I'm not sure who will be available) and focus on getting better and younger through the draft. Another strong draft would be very helpful.

Hartline and Gibson would be included in the trade. And this was to make a Miller and Martin backfield. But as other have stated i am unsure of the financial ramifications or if it is possible. But I think this would be a step in the right direction. And next year i would look for us to bolster the team with a high draft picks being uses on linebacker and secondary (Defense)

Any suggestions to make the trade better or other trade ideas. I am just tired of watching mediocrity and would at least like some glimpse of hope that our teams management is trying to do something to better the team.

In season trades a rare..

Second, this spent the offseason trying to undo and fix the mess Ireland left them in.

Hard to do too much with the Ellebe, Hartline and Wheeler contracts.

As for getting better...

Team is scoring more and giving up less points...I would say they are getting better.

Martin has basically no trade value. Not worth anything more than a 5th round pick in my opinion. Jackson is a 31 year old receiver who is good, not great. To trade a 2nd round pick, which has a very high value on the trade market in the NFL as well as 2 good football players is insane to me. I'd pass on that trade.

No thanks. We need defensive players right now. Jackson would be a luxury that we don't need right now. Not giving up a 2nd for an older WR when we have plenty.

We're a bit strapped on the salary cap for next year so the smartest thing would be just to ride with who we have and focus on re-signing some of our own free agents, freeing up some cap space with cuts (Ellerbe, Wheeler, Hartline would be possible casualties), signing a few 2nd tier free agents (CB, LB depth would be where I would focus on...possibly OG but I'm not sure who will be available) and focus on getting better and younger through the draft. Another strong draft would be very helpful.

It would great if we can put together another strong draft class.

Or Jackson, would be my preference. But the financial situation is the thing here.

You would rather get Jackson out of that deal rather than Lavonte David?

Keep in mind that if you trade for a player now, he doesn't know the offense.

I think if we were going to make a trade with anyone for a player who could help us now, it'd be Philly.

Tampa is not trading David!

Obviously not, nobody honestly thinks that would ever happen. Why would Tampa Bay trade away the best LBer in the NFL?

Back
Top Bottom