Trades

Falcons send to Cardinals
Edwards, Terrence $305,000.00
5th round pick 133th(texans)

Falcons Receive from cardinals
DE-Kyle Vanden Bosch
his surgically repaired knees
personal trainer, and a wheel chair

Very swiftly and efficiently the Vikes and Arrows have come to an agreement on the #3 Overall.

The Vikes send to Kansas:

#3 Overall Pick
#146 Overall Pick
Mixon, Kenny DE - 2,600,000.

The Arrows send in Return:
#30 Overall Pick
Roaf, William LT - 2,000,000.
Gonzo, Tony TE - 2,000,000.
Holliday, Vonnie DE - 1,450,000.

Hey!! - This was post number 300 for me! :clap: :thewave: :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid Trade

#3 Overall Pick
#146 Overall Pick

#30 Overall Pick

How can this trade be fair? Vonnie Holliday is better than Kenny Mixon. Roaf and Gonzalez are Pro Bowl Players and the Vikings still get a first round pick. Can someone please explain how this is a fair trade. j

Re: Stupid Trade

Originally posted by rnoles02

#3 Overall Pick
#146 Overall Pick

#30 Overall Pick

How can this trade be fair? Vonnie Holliday is better than Kenny Mixon. Roaf and Gonzalez are Pro Bowl Players and the Vikings still get a first round pick. Can someone please explain how this is a fair trade. j

...i have to say i agree with RNoles...this trade is ridiculous...anyone else have a problem with this trade?

maybe the chiefs guy didnt have the value chart when looking at the number 3 pick and then considering what his players were worth.
I tried to find a way this deal would work, but i just looked up mixons numbers and the best hes done is 4.5 sacks a couple years ago and getting paid 2.6 million to do it, ugh. bad replacement for holiday...
Maybe at the #3 pick he can draft kellen winslow AND robert gallery, then he would almost have replaced Tgonz/roaf...and toss in the #30 overall. wow.

oh well, next year maybe we should have a committee, we let a lot of unreasonable deals go because it's just for some and they arent over the top like this one, i dont know man. The first chiefs guy leaves and the second one gives his best players away for a couple draft picks. I'd be curious to hear the chiefs logic.

ill trade you some picks for priest holmes if you want.

Unreasonable? Better look at my team before you say that.

Look at cap room on this situation. I was 3 million over the cap, with big gaps still on my team. I stand behind this trade, while I won't tip my hand by laying my plan out for you, this is a good trade for my team. Roaf is a great T, but I have Tait as well. He costs me more, but I actually got something in return. Gonzo was on the top of the list to be a cap casualty. I have holes I need to plug, the only way to do it was to make some hard cuts. They have been made, and I am now in the position to throw some money around the FA while upgrading at certain positions that need to be upgraded at. I was 3 million over the cap, to get ANY moving room in the FA I was going to have to get rid of a few people. I did so, took a SLIGHT downgrade in DE and got the #3 pick in the draft.

Who here would have traded the #3 pick in the draft for Roaf and my #30 pick, and be HONEST to yourself. Gonzo is just clearing cap space as he would have been a casualty anyway, and Mixon is a comprable DE to Holiday who would be fine to get the job done opposite Brackens.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
maybe the chiefs guy didnt have the value chart when looking at the number 3 pick and then considering what his players were worth.
I tried to find a way this deal would work, but i just looked up mixons numbers and the best hes done is 4.5 sacks a couple years ago and getting paid 2.6 million to do it, ugh. bad replacement for holiday...
Maybe at the #3 pick he can draft kellen winslow AND robert gallery, then he would almost have replaced Tgonz/roaf...and toss in the #30 overall. wow.

Might I add that I find that humerous coming from a guy that just last night offered me a worse deal for Roaf AND Holiday as well.....

I'm not sure on roaf, i guess if you take gallery at 3, maybe that works out for you. But Gonzalez a cap casualty?!?!?! I see many other players on your team that should be cap casualties...anyway there are a lot of teams that would have traded for him i believe just because i had a ton ask me about crumpler and gonzo is better even if he is 1.4 more agains the cap, worth it. i would have shopped to a team desperate for a TE, hell, i would have taken him and given you crumpler and more in return. Gonzo could have gotten you at least a 2nd, probably a mid-late first on his own since hes more valuable than the best TE coming out in winslow.

Also you made a slight downgrade at DE, but paid out more money for that downgrade, odd for someone looking to save cap money.

To each his own though, i understand it's the first GM league for many people, myself included, we all learn from our mistakes and i'm sure you will too. Should be a little patient with your star guys and shop them around, no rush to make a quick deal just to do so.

Good luck though, and hopefully it works out for you.

you should find it humorous, my preliminary offer was my
first round pick at #32, brady smith, Kevin McCadam
brady smith is equal to kenny mixon but much cheaper for your cap situation, my 32nd for willie roaf isnt terrible considering hes aging and the chiefs only gave up a 3rd to get him in real life. Also, you said you needed safety help since wesley was gone so i tossed in mcCadam. I would have even thrown in another 3rd round pick so the deal would have been
1st round pick, 3rd round pick, brady smith, mcCadam
for vonnie holliday and willie roaf

no #30 overall, or young pro bowl tight end.
Also, you were unable to come up with a counter offer, you just kept

saying youd give me johnny morton for peerless price or keith brooking

Originally posted by Graythreat

Might I add that I find that humerous coming from a guy that just last night offered me a worse deal for Roaf AND Holiday as well.....

:rolleyes:
and a guy that when all is said and done will have built a team that is significantly better than yours, with ease and has made roughly 13 trades with numerous different owners so fair and not had one complaint from any owner i've dealt with

oh man, i just realized you were the same guy in the fins forum that thought it would be a good deal for the chargers to trade their 1st pick to the dolphins for sam madison, ogunleye, their huge salaries and and a future first round pick.
i shouldve known

Originally posted by RayLu11
at least this makes up for the trade where the Vikings got ripped off...

I never got ripped off.......:nono:

I'm just going to mention that the whole trade was basically offered to me, after the initial offer, I tweaked the DE swap and offered a 5th rounder that finished the trade.

He was happy, I was happy.

:foundout:

Jets trade: Jon Kitna, (31), (60), Kelly Washington

Texans trade: David Carr, (40), Corey Bradford, (111)

Back
Top Bottom