Trades | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trades

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
maybe the chiefs guy didnt have the value chart when looking at the number 3 pick and then considering what his players were worth

let's look at the value chart shall we?

2200+43 points for the 3rd and 5th round pick. Value: 2243

I gave him

Tony Gozalez (estimated worth #1 pick round 2) value
My first round pick Value: 620
Roaf: Estimated Value (#20 pick in the draft) 850

Total Value: 2050

Roaf wouldn't break the 20 mark as an aging tackle. The argument can be made that Gonzo would go late first, but it would it would be LATE first. Roaf is a great Tackle, but he's 34 years old, and is not worth a first round pick. The DE's are a stones throw away from each other in talent, the difference is 1 million in salary cap, but that's not enough to skew this deal as they will be within the same talent on a draft board.

The deals solid. you may not like me trading Roaf but the numbers are there, and I can replace him. If you wanted him, i'm sorry. Like I said,I will not tip my hand as to why I did this deal, but it will save me millions under the cap in the long run. But as the deal stands, value-wise, it is solid for both sides. An even trade.

Jets trades: 40th pick overall (2nd round)

Pittsburgh trades: Kimo Von Oelhoffen, and 76th overall pick (3rd round)

The Steelers send to Titans:

Zereoue, Amos RB - 2,200,000
Alexander, Brent S - 950,000

The Titans send in Return:
George, Eddie RB - 4,250,000
Dyson, Andre CB - 418,000
#92 Overall Pick

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Jets trades: 40th pick overall (2nd round)

Pittsburgh trades: Kimo Von Oelhoffen, and 76th overall pick (3rd round)

Pittsburgh confirms.

i dont care that you traded roaf, i told you he was my 3rd of 4th option in a trade thats why i didnt keep pressing you when it appeared you werent able to come up with a realistic counter-offer, i just figured id deal with someone else, and hopefully i should be finishing off a deal for one of the other guys i wanted ahead of him by the end of the weekend.

i hope you're right and you have aces in your hand because i'm starting to feel sorry for the chiefs. first a guy comes in and then quits, then you take over and trade away their pro-bowlers for kenny mixon and a couple rookies.

Originally posted by Bradlee2317
The Steelers send to Titans:

Zereoue, Amos RB - 2,200,000
Alexander, Brent S - 950,000

The Titans send in Return:
George, Eddie RB - 4,250,000
Dyson, Andre CB - 418,000
#92 Overall Pick

Titans confirm

Originally posted by Graythreat

let's look at the value chart shall we?

2200+43 points for the 3rd and 5th round pick. Value: 2243

I gave him

Tony Gozalez (estimated worth #1 pick round 2) value
My first round pick Value: 620
Roaf: Estimated Value (#20 pick in the draft) 850

Total Value: 2050

Roaf wouldn't break the 20 mark as an aging tackle. The argument can be made that Gonzo would go late first, but it would it would be LATE first. Roaf is a great Tackle, but he's 34 years old, and is not worth a first round pick. The DE's are a stones throw away from each other in talent, the difference is 1 million in salary cap, but that's not enough to skew this deal as they will be within the same talent on a draft board.

The deals solid. you may not like me trading Roaf but the numbers are there, and I can replace him. If you wanted him, i'm sorry. Like I said,I will not tip my hand as to why I did this deal, but it will save me millions under the cap in the long run. But as the deal stands, value-wise, it is solid for both sides. An even trade.

There are the numbers right there, either we go by this "Value chart" or we don't. We shouldn't go by it sometimes and not others.

Going by the value chart this trade is solid.

Greythreat had his reasons for this trade as did I, I could rattle off a few trades that seemed just as bad and the Jags have been making questionable trades since we started, he's traded his whole damn team away for a bunch of picks, yet that goes unmentioned and nobody has questioned his reasons for doing so.

Some people are approaching this game trying to build a team that can win for years, or a young team with a promising future.

I'm looking at it like a GM that has been hired and givin one year to win the SB, hence all the veterans I have acquired, young players let go, and important picks traded away.

I think rnoles should have considered both sides reason for this trade, the cap, and the value chart before critisizing the trade.

I personally think I got the better end of the deal, but that's why we make these trades, right?

i agree with you vikings, i would have gone by the chart too... but i would have valued my pro bowl tight end more than a late first simply because look where kellen winslow will be drafted, now who would you rather have for next year? kellen winslow or proven pro bowl TE tony gonzalez?
and in his value chart scenario, hes also saying that holliday and and mixon are even, no one would agree to that, plus mixons cap is higher, most would take holliday in a second over mixon even if his cap was slightly larger than mixons...

but i do agree vikes, it was a great deal for you and there have been a lot of questionable deals and it's for fun so whatever, i just thought this was probably one of the worst i'd seen. No big deal, life goes on and my team is still awesome and that's all i'm really concerned with.

ok, i've ruined the trade forum enough, said my peace and moving on, hope you guys do as well. good luck the rest of the way, and again, nice trade vikes.

There was either collusion on the Vikes/Chiefs trade, or the Chiefs don't know anything about football. Either way, was a stupid trade.

Give away 2 Pro Bowl starters, another solid DE, and a 1st round pick for the #3? Unreal.

Originally posted by Saint Greg
Saints trade Jay Bellamy (1,000,000), 2-64, 3-78 for Tebucky Jones (1,000,000) and Troy Polamalu (305,000)

Pittsburgh Steelers confirm.

Originally posted by BillsFever
There was either collusion on the Vikes/Chiefs trade, or the Chiefs don't know anything about football.

Wow, seems wild accusations are the theme for the day.

Seriously, it's just a game. Do not accuse me of anything, and grow the hell up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom