Trading down odds? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading down odds?

inFINSible said:
on us trading down?? 40/60... I cant see it happening... but now it looks like we're gna trade Pat... I can dream of our Auburn backfield.

Surferosa said:
If the Henry deal goes through, I would be even more inclined to trade with the Chargers for the #12 & 28 and additional mid/late/future picks.

Chargers would have to throw in a future 1st for this trade to balance. #2 is worth 2,600 points. #12 + #28 are worth a combined 1,860 points.

And since the question is still out there:

(1) Yes. Saban wants to replenish the cupboard and I don't think he's so in love with Ronnie Brown that he wouldn't settle for Cadillac Williams if it got him another two or three quality players for this year's team.

(2) Yes. There are seven talented offensive players at the top of this draft, and as long as we wind up with one of them, I'll be happy. I'd much rather pay that player #7 or #9 money instead of #2 money.

(3) I wish we could swing the deal with Minnesota. Absent that, Washington and San Diego seem most promising unless Denny Green falls in love with Alex Smith.

(4) I think it will happen, although it may not happen until the day of the draft.

inFINSible said:
In your opinion....

1) Does Saban want to do it?
2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?
4) Odds that it will happen?
2) Yes, I also want more draft picks in a draft like this. I see a lot of good players but, I don't see any HOF potential and if I was dreaming of a number two pick in the draft, I want HOF potential in those dreams. Not saying nobody has it, just saying that none are sparkling with it.
3) Beats me, I'm too busy to check the needs, draft position, ammo, and rumors surrounding every team in th NFL, that's why it made my top three questions. Truthfully, I would have put it first but, it would have ruined the whole crescendo thing.
4) (Climax) I'd say the odds are low, 20%.

IMO Saban only wants to trade down IF he really thinks Feeley is the man. If he comfy with Feeley at QB then I think the draft has enough depth at RB that he'll trade back a ways to grab another few picks. If he isnt comfy with Feeley then I expect him to draft Smith out of Utah.

inFINSible said:
In your opinion....

2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?
2) I would love to IF Ricky comes back (don't kill me for that). My reasoning is that our RB problems will be solved, I have faith in Feeley, and we have enough good receivers (possibly including Boston) that the benefits of gaining two more first day picks outweighs the benefits of a WR at #2.
3) odds are anywhere between 1%-100%.

DOLFANMIKE said:
IMO Saban only wants to trade down IF he really thinks Feeley is the man. If he comfy with Feeley at QB then I think the draft has enough depth at RB that he'll trade back a ways to grab another few picks. If he isnt comfy with Feeley then I expect him to draft Smith out of Utah.

1) IMO Saban only wants to trade down IF he really thinks Feeley is the man. If he comfy with Feeley at QB then I think the draft has enough depth at RB that he'll trade back a ways to grab another few picks. If he isnt comfy with Feeley then I expect him to draft Smith out of Utah.

2)?

3)?

4)?

1. yes
2. yes
3.:confused2
4.Not very good maybe 25%,I just don't feel that this is that strong of a draft(at the top) I do think it's deep thoughout.I'm just not sure alot of the top prospects are (although good players) worthy of the kind of money the top 10 picks will get.I feel the top picks will be severly overpaid for their ability.JMO

......let's draft zoidberg in the third.....................

inFINSible said:
In your opinion....

2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?

Another question: if we get KC's #2 pick, do we still need to trade down for more picks? Will that be enough to just keep the #2 and pick Best Avail?

1) There's no doubt in my mind that Saban wants more picks.

2) I'm in favor of it because this yteam has needs in terms of both breadth and depth.

3) This goes to your question about Minny too; Minny traded Moss away, so there is a glaring hole on their roster. Everyone from Culpepper down to the last fan in the end-zone bleachers is going to place a lot of blame on the team's management if they don't replace Moss with a high-octane WR. Therefore, if the Vikes become convinced that Braylon Edwards is that guy, it would be attractive to them to trade up, contingent on that they feel comfortable enough with the rest of their roster to forego quantity for the one player they think they need in the first. Otherwise, they have to take their chances that Mike Williams will fall to them at 7, and there's no guarantee of that - so they could come away empty-handed if they don't act. That's why I think they will do the deal.

4) about 50-50 as it stands, without more info; if Minny does determine Edwards is what they need, the odds go to 80-20 in favor.

inFINSible said:
In your opinion....

2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I think there are three distinct possibilities:
First, a move with Cleveland. I think the Browns badly want to be assured of Smith or Rodgers, and I think that if Saban can sell them enough on that, we can pick up a second rounder and then some in the deal. (Yes, I know that doesn't jibe with the almighty Draft Pick Chart, but I also don't think the Browns will totally panic and we'll settle a little bit.)
Second, a move with Minnesota. Maybe Mike Williams is there at 7, and maybe not. But if the Niners take a QB at #1, maybe the Vikes jump up to #2 to take Edwards.
Third, a move with San Diego. There's a lot of talk about them being in love with Edwards. They may move up to 2 for him. Even if the Rivers for #1 rumor is dead, that doesn't mean they don't have real interest in Edwards.
4. Flip a coin.

Ohio Fanatic said:
inFINSible said:
In your opinion....

2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?

Another question: if we get KC's #2 pick, do we still need to trade down for more picks? Will that be enough to just keep the #2 and pick Best Avail?

I don't know for sure, but I think Saban is subscribing to the belief that you can't have too many picks in this draft. Getting KC's #2 won't change our desire to trade down, IMHO.

Ohio Fanatic said:
inFINSible said:
In your opinion....

2) Do you want to do it?
3) How will we do it?

IMO, that doesn't even enter into the equation, especially if we can get a two for one from Minny or San Diego but, also if we can get Cleveland to bite and only move down one pick.

Back
Top Bottom